Compiling CM9 (and maybe CM10) for Blade

Guest sej7278

Guest ..Abel..

its not worth it, for the moment coldfusionx 15/04 is faster imho, what for the cm9 repo to settle a bit and tom_g releases a nightly.

ok ! THanks ! :)

Guest targetbsp

You're reading it wrong. :D Gotta love how ambiguous english is! there are various devices made by ZTE upon which we have got unofficial builds of CM9 working.

Guest asm19

How to force the repo sync after our changes?

Is that to me is giving me error doing repo sync, for example:

Syncing work tree:  60% (150/249)  error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by checkout:

services/surfaceflinger/Layer.cpp

Please, commit your changes or stash them before you can switch branches.

Aborting

Syncing work tree: 100% (249/249), done.  

Edited by asm19

Guest asm19

How to force the repo sync after our changes?

Is that to me is giving me error doing repo sync, for example:

Syncing work tree:  60% (150/249)  error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by checkout:

services/surfaceflinger/Layer.cpp

Please, commit your changes or stash them before you can switch branches.

Aborting

Syncing work tree: 100% (249/249), done.  

Does anyone know how to repo sync after we changed the files? Type a repo sync force? repo sync -f does not.

Guest targetbsp

I'm not sure if there's a 'correct' way that github/linux experts favour, but if you change directory to the one shown under project, click the 'pull' tab under downloads, click copy to clipboard, then paste into terminal and hit enter has always worked for me.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest asm19

I'm not sure if there's a 'correct' way that github/linux experts favour, but if you change directory to the one shown under project, click the 'pull' tab under downloads, click copy to clipboard, then paste into terminal and hit enter has always worked for me.

Done. Thanks

Edited by asm19

Guest ..Abel..

ok so im doing this(official cm9 ) for the first time ! after hours and hours ! i have reached step 3.

"apply lunch menu patch or simply add the line "add_lunch_combo cm_blade-userdebug" to ~/cm9/vendor/cm/vendorsetup.sh "

what does mean ? how do i do it ?

if paste this from the gerrit patch

"git fetch http://review.cyanogenmod.com/CyanogenMod/android_vendor_cm refs/changes/02/14802/1 && git format-patch -1 --stdout FETCH_HEAD

"

it says "fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git"

Guest targetbsp

Does anyone know how much disk space you need for CM9 or Coldfusion? For the purposes of setting up a VM. I'm kinda limited in drive space atm!

Guest targetbsp

Thanks, I'll go for 35 or 40 then. I wanna make a cold fusion with the airplane mode fix. I think that'll just about reduce the few issues I have with ICS by enough to tip the balance towards it over CM7. :)

Guest shmizan

40+ is the direction. and I don't think it's the time yet. I wanted to take the plunge myself but since tilal is away for now, and CM9 is slower than CFX, and with no visible improvements for the main bugs in the near future, I decided to stick with CM7 for a few more weeks.

Guest targetbsp

Yeah I went for 40 and left it syncing overnight. Getting there. Just ran into the rom manager issue towards the top of the previous page. :)

Guest targetbsp

ok so im doing this(official cm9 ) for the first time ! after hours and hours ! i have reached step 3.

"apply lunch menu patch or simply add the line "add_lunch_combo cm_blade-userdebug" to ~/cm9/vendor/cm/vendorsetup.sh "

what does mean ? how do i do it ?

if paste this from the gerrit patch

"git fetch http://review.cyanog...droid_vendor_cm refs/changes/02/14802/1 && git format-patch -1 --stdout FETCH_HEAD

"

it says "fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git"

You need to cd into the folder shown in project so cm9\vendor\cm

Then I tend to use git pull instead of fetch. I can't remember why though. :D

Guest sej7278

is anyone else finding that flashing from rommanager isn't working due to "no space left on device" errors regarding /cache ? it also seems to be incorrectly thinking i've not even got CWM 4.40 installed, even though its running 5.020

i think clockworkmod is writing a log or something to /cache which is filling up the 2mb partition during the flash process.

the only way i can flash at the moment is from CWM, if i wipe /cache before flashing the zip.

Cyanogenmod itself treats /cache as part of the sdcard, but it seems the CM9 recovery image perhaps doesn't......?

anyway here is a CM9 test rom i built today with the bluetooth fix etc. i still think ColdFusionX seems faster, and i don't think the touchscreen seems very responsive either, see what you think, maybe its just subjective. also i seem to be having intermittent problems with adb not showing the device sometimes. camera preview seems better than CFX, its still pretty useless, but you could manage with it i guess, shows a flickery image of about 2/3 of the preview. don't tell the n00bs there's a test rom, i'll delete it in a few hours.

i made a little tweak to the vanilla source, i switched to common_mini_phone.mk like CFX does (and hardcoded the correct bootanimation) to save about 20mb of space on /system from useless ringtones and videos, as i'm getting really tight even with a 215mb /system.

diff --git a/cm.mk b/cm.mk

index 716d8d4..f348e90 100644

--- a/cm.mk

+++ b/cm.mk

@@ -1,7 +1,7 @@

$(call inherit-product, device/zte/blade/blade.mk)

# Inherit some common CM stuff.

-$(call inherit-product, vendor/cm/config/common_full_phone.mk)

+$(call inherit-product, vendor/cm/config/common_mini_phone.mk)

# Inherit some common CM stuff.

$(call inherit-product, vendor/cm/config/gsm.mk)

@@ -11,3 +11,4 @@ PRODUCT_BUILD_PROP_OVERRIDES += PRODUCT_NAME=blade BUILD_ID=IMM76D BUILD_FINGERP

PRODUCT_NAME := cm_blade

PRODUCT_DEVICE := blade

PRODUCT_RELEASE_NAME := Blade

+TARGET_BOOTANIMATION_NAME := vertical-480x800

Guest sej7278

Yeah I went for 40 and left it syncing overnight. Getting there. Just ran into the rom manager issue towards the top of the previous page. :)

you've not go a new enough sync then, that was fixed ages ago. the alternative is just to cd into the vendor/cm/ directory and run ./get-prebuilts from there.

Guest targetbsp

you've not go a new enough sync then, that was fixed ages ago. the alternative is just to cd into the vendor/cm/ directory and run ./get-prebuilts from there.

I followed your guide in post 1 for the first time last night. My sync can't get much newer?

The cd into vendor/cm seemed to work. :)

Edited by targetbsp

Guest sej7278

I followed your guide in post 1 for the first time last night. My sync can't get much newer?

The cd into vendor/cm seemed to work. :)

hmm, odd it works for me and i saw the actual commit that made it work outside of the cwd (gerrit or github) i've just changed the instructions, its easier lol.

also my rommanager issues seem to be down to my clockworkmod still seems to think i'm running 7.1 maybe tomg needs to update the recovery.img........

edit: tom_g says he'll try to get the recovery in rommanager updated but the /cache issue is to be expected with a small partition. so what partition size should we go with i wonder, 2mb seems too small.

Edited by sej7278

Guest shmizan

making this useless partition bigger only for Rom Manager? I don't think I'll go down that road. if he can fix it - kudos, but if not - I will continue flashing from recovery.

oh and you can take it off your server now, mirrored it here and here

Guest targetbsp

I can't imagine it needs to be much bigger? How do you make a log with all it has to do exceed 2mb? My 'last_log' is 3.75k !

Is there anything left behind in your cache partition? Temp files or something?

I have a few folders and files in there and they total under 4k

Guest asm19

They are able to synchronize the repository cm? To me is giving methis error and will not be completed...

fatal: Not a git repository: '/home/asm/.repo/projects/development.git'

Fetching projects:  88% (276/313)  fatal: Not a git repository: '/home/asm/.repo/projects/development.git'

Fetching projects:  99% (310/313)  error: Cannot fetch CyanogenMod/android_development

Guest sej7278

I can't imagine it needs to be much bigger? How do you make a log with all it has to do exceed 2mb? My 'last_log' is 3.75k !

Is there anything left behind in your cache partition? Temp files or something?

I have a few folders and files in there and they total under 4k

i dunno, tom_g reckons in cm9 its where market stores its temp files (unlike cm7) i've not looked what's in there as i nuked it, but i think i've downloaded programs bigger than 2mb from market ok.

it could just be rommanager being shite, i've just about had enough of that program anyway, even with cm7 it used to force close a lot. i don't feel like re-tpt'ing again, space is tight enough as it is - about 80mb of /data and 50mb of /system left, and that's after i got rid of a lot of apps. i did check the full gapps script and noticed that it doesn't install the facial recognition stuff if you don't have a front-facing camera, so that's 30mb less.

i'm not sure if i had the same problem with coldfusionx.

you didn't keep it very quiet, with 140 downloads in 4 hours :D i took it off my server now, thanks for the mirrors.

Edited by sej7278