Compiling CM9 (and maybe CM10) for Blade

Guest sej7278

Guest shmizan

CM settings is not in a different menu now which means it will be integrated into "Settings" and the commit changes for that is in "android_packages_apps_Settings" right? that one is what I should keep my eye on to see if they incorporated the Lockscreen settings and other settings that are not there yet but have room in menus?

Guest sej7278

Eek! You edited out the coldfusion guide? I was planning on using that later lol.

but all of the repositories are gone (renamed at least) now. cfx really is dead, even tilal is concentrating on converting it to proper cm9 for skate.

Guest tilal6991

CFX was always meant to naturally progress into CM9 official. That was accelerated by Tom G's gerrit submission at which point I realised every useful thing in my repo was already included. I'm actually going to recreate the Blade repo with a few changes of my own which I'm experimenting with.

Guest targetbsp

Yeah I had to change the names of them last night. I just wanted to experiment and see if I could find what sorts out the graphics. I saw you already asked tilal if he knew anyway though. :)

Guest shmizan

Hi tilal6991! good to have you back even if it's only for a few days. just PM the number of the one responsible for your grade and I'll set you up. ;) B)

I have my university entrance exam in 2 months myself. what a bitch exam that is gonna be.

Guest k.d.11

Thanks for the 40gb heads up for VM i was gonna get so annoyed if i ran outta space in the compile process :D Anyways have any of you guys seen M.Almeida's unofficial cm9 builds?

http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager/device/blade/developer/crazyboy.speedemo%40gmail.com?manifest=http%3A%2F%2Fdeveloper.clockworkmod.com%2Fdeveloper%2Fcrazyboy.speedemo%40gmail.com%2Fmanifest&name=ICS%20ROMS%20for%20the%20ZTE%20Blade&deviceName=ZTE%20Blade

This one came out on the 23rd of april!

Guest Loren82

Thanks for the 40gb heads up for VM i was gonna get so annoyed if i ran outta space in the compile process :D Anyways have any of you guys seen M.Almeida's unofficial cm9 builds?

http://www.clockwork...ame=ZTE%20Blade

I tried the previous step and a very rare note in other compilations of ColdfusionX also the wifi works very fast, almost instant to speak to GAPPS are installed when installing GAPPS seem to affect the activation of the wifi button is becomes slow and costs a lot more connected.

I'll get off this last de Almeida to test.

Guest sej7278

Anyways have any of you guys seen M.Almeida's unofficial cm9 builds?

http://www.clockwork...ame=ZTE%20Blade

pretty useless without a changelog, if its just a straight compile without anything custom, then you should be doing that yourself anyway, that's the whole point of this thread!

Guest ..Abel..

I think I know what the problem is but I haven't checked. If it works then it will be included in the new CFX build.

What graphic problems btw?

Guest asm19

Ah i think they are asm19's builds..:lol:

Yes, this is my build. The account in ROM Manager is not mine, rom and is there because someone in the community where Portuguese have released post the link here. It has major differences, flight mode fixed and file manager added...

Guest targetbsp

What graphic problems btw?

CM9's graphics are laggier than CFX which causes strange visual artefacts - mostly when opening or closing apps. It would be nice to find out what the difference is and get it fixed in CM9.

Guest sej7278

anyone else seeing that the screen doesn't turn on when someone is ringing you in cm9? none of the hardware buttons (or screen) do anything except power which cancels the call. essentially the phone doesn't work as a phone lol.

forget that, i just used /system/bin/proxcal -c from adb to calibrate and its ok now.

also zte blade settings crashes when you even try to view the proximity settings, looks like a java path has been duplicated: com.cyanogenmod.BladeParts/com.cyanogenmod.BladeParts.ProxDisplay

blade_logcat.txt

Edited by sej7278

Guest targetbsp

Yeah, I think someone else mentioned about that blade parts issue earlier in the thread. I managed to take my install out with the worlds most unfortunately timed flat battery so have restored my CM7 backup! :(

Guest sej7278

Yeah, I think someone else mentioned about that blade parts issue earlier in the thread. I managed to take my install out with the worlds most unfortunately timed flat battery so have restored my CM7 backup! :(

yes, looks like its a result of trying to fudge it into the main settings app, which i guess is why as a separate app in coldfusionx it works fine.

Guest sej7278

argh, fecking thing, i got it to display the screen once when the phone rang and since then i can't get anywhere. tried various recalibrations including one from an old cm7 backup, and it doesn't work.

is nobody else seeing this with cm9?

if i don't let the screen go to sleep and make a call, proximity works fine when moving to my head and away again, but its just getting the lockscreen to show when the phone is ringing!

edit: found i can get it to display the ringlock screen by putting my thumb over the light sensor lol!i even tried targetbsp's old cm7 light sensor levels, and reset proximity to default.

i'm starting to think its just fecking slow to open the phone app, as its pretty intermittent - one minute it will work or the workaround (thumb) will work, the next minute i literally have no way to answer/unlock the phone.

Edited by sej7278

Guest shmizan

i made a little tweak to the vanilla source, i switched to common_mini_phone.mk like CFX does (and hardcoded the correct bootanimation) to save about 20mb of space on /system from useless ringtones and videos, as i'm getting really tight even with a 215mb /system.

diff --git a/cm.mk b/cm.mk

index 716d8d4..f348e90 100644

--- a/cm.mk

+++ b/cm.mk

@@ -1,7 +1,7 @@

$(call inherit-product, device/zte/blade/blade.mk)

# Inherit some common CM stuff.

-$(call inherit-product, vendor/cm/config/common_full_phone.mk)

+$(call inherit-product, vendor/cm/config/common_mini_phone.mk)

# Inherit some common CM stuff.

$(call inherit-product, vendor/cm/config/gsm.mk)

@@ -11,3 +11,4 @@ PRODUCT_BUILD_PROP_OVERRIDES += PRODUCT_NAME=blade BUILD_ID=IMM76D BUILD_FINGERP

PRODUCT_NAME := cm_blade

PRODUCT_DEVICE := blade

PRODUCT_RELEASE_NAME := Blade

+TARGET_BOOTANIMATION_NAME := vertical-480x800

hey sej, what did you do exactly to get this? I'm at 116MB with my latest build.

and regarding the black screen on call - I get it too. but pressing the power button doesn't decline, it silences the ringtone, and if you click it again the screen comes up and you can answer!

and ZTE settings crashes for me too. definitely two bugs there, we should let TomG know about them.

also my mms.apk is 2.2 MB in size and contains a lot of emijy smiles or whatever.. and they are not included in your builds. why is that?

Edited by shmizan

Guest asm19

argh, fecking thing, i got it to display the screen once when the phone rang and since then i can't get anywhere. tried various recalibrations including one from an old cm7 backup, and it doesn't work.

is nobody else seeing this with cm9?

if i don't let the screen go to sleep and make a call, proximity works fine when moving to my head and away again, but its just getting the lockscreen to show when the phone is ringing!

edit: found i can get it to display the ringlock screen by putting my thumb over the light sensor lol!i even tried targetbsp's old cm7 light sensor levels, and reset proximity to default.

i'm starting to think its just fecking slow to open the phone app, as its pretty intermittent - one minute it will work or the workaround (thumb) will work, the next minute i literally have no way to answer/unlock the phone.

Do we have the solution if we add the app ZteParts tilal transported to coldfusionx?

Guest sej7278

hey sej, what did you do exactly to get this? I'm at 116MB with my latest build.

and regarding the black screen on call - I get it too. but pressing the power button doesn't decline, it silences the ringtone, and if you click it again the screen comes up and you can answer!

and ZTE settings crashes for me too. definitely two bugs there, we should let TomG know about them.

also my mms.apk is 2.2 MB in size and contains a lot of emijy smiles or whatever.. and they are not included in your builds. why is that?

you apply that patch, which is essentially replace common_full_phone.mk with common_mini_phone.mk and add the line TARGET_BOOTANIMATION_NAME := vertical-480x800 to device/zte/blade/cm.mk

i've attached the patch as a zip, uncompress it and the cd into device/zte/blade, then git apply mini.patch

the zip goes down from about 119mb to about 106mb. my mms.apk is about 2.1mb and seems to have lots of smiley png's.

thanks for the hint about the power button i'll give it a try, i don't mind having a dev phone, but if it doesn't even work as a phone its a bit silly. i'll try to contact tom_g about it.

copying over the ZteParts app from coldfusionx isn't a solution as re-calibrating doesn't help when done from adb, so its not going to make any difference from the app. i don't really think its a proximity sensor issue.

i'm pretty sure we had the same problem in cm7 when we got a new kernel - probably when we moved to 2.6.35, can anyone confirm they don't have it on coldfusionx 15/04 or later?

mini.patch.zip

Edited by sej7278

Guest targetbsp

i'm pretty sure we had the same problem in cm7 when we got a new kernel - probably when we moved to 2.6.35, can anyone confirm they don't have it on coldfusionx 15/04 or later?

I'll put CFX back on tomorrow to try it if no-one does in the meantime.

Guest shmizan

you apply that patch, which is essentially replace common_full_phone.mk with common_mini_phone.mk and add the line TARGET_BOOTANIMATION_NAME := vertical-480x800 to device/zte/blade/cm.mk

i've attached the patch as a zip, uncompress it and the cd into device/zte/blade, then git apply mini.patch

the zip goes down from about 119mb to about 106mb. my mms.apk is about 2.1mb and seems to have lots of smiley png's.

thanks for the hint about the power button i'll give it a try, i don't mind having a dev phone, but if it doesn't even work as a phone its a bit silly. i'll try to contact tom_g about it.

thanks for the patch. will we have to redo it after each sync because it changes files?

I've tested mms.apk from CFX and it's 700 KB. ours is 1.3MB bigger because of those stupid emoji emoticons. we need to get rid of them!.

and I need your help on this please: I want to edit some translations in Hebrew which do not suit me, and replace some black/white images with color images (in settings and power menu).

anyway, what is the best way to do it? offline changes to files that I will have to recopy after every repo sync, or maybe do a patch to apply each time? or is the best (if there's a way) to put it on github and apply before each build?

thanks!