[GEN2/European] AOSP GB 2.3.7 / t0mm13bROM

Guest t0mm13b

Guest d_borghi

hi t0mm13b,

you don't undestand my problem.

i turn on my zte. gps is off. i start COPILOT (for example): it says me to turn on gps: then i turn on gps. then all works fine.

When i stop close copilot, gps is still on.

then i turn off gps manually (by settings, etc. etc.).

if i need to restart copilot, copilot says me to re-turn on gps: i re-turn on gps, but gps doesn't works (no satellites).

Then i must restart all zte.

now all works fine.

tnx

db

Guest bill48er

hi t0mm13b,

you don't undestand my problem.

i turn on my zte. gps is off. i start COPILOT (for example): it says me to turn on gps: then i turn on GPS. then all works fine.

When i stop close copilot, gps is still on.

then i turn off gps manually (by settings, etc. etc.).

if i need to restart copilot, copilot says me to re-turn on gps: i re-turn on gps, but gps doesn't works (no satellites).

Then i must restart all zte.

now all works fine.

tnx

db

Hi

I don't use co-pilot but is was having the same issues with Google Maps and My Tracks etc.

This works for me.

Use setting turn ON GPS.

Reboot your phone.

Do NOT use settings or any widget to turn GPS ON or OFF

Allow the apps to automatically turn GPS on/off as required.

This way GPS is only turned on as it is required -leaving the GPS ON in settings will NOT drain your battery!

I hope this solves your problem

Bill

Edit: Typo's....

Edited by bill48er

Guest luciano_boy12

nice ROM!! is the best ROM in Blade 256MB RAM (Brazil).

just found a bug in rom. the light sensor does not work correctly, the light sensor does not work properly, takes too long to activate

Guest bill48er

mmmmhh, if GPS on doesn't drain the battery then i will set rom in the way you sa.

tnx

db

Hi

From the "menu" try "settings" "about the phone" then "battery use".

At the top of the screen you will see a graph overlaid with "h m s on battery" tap on this and a full size graph is shown and a list of what has been using the battery and when.

It's brilliant and I only discovered it by accident the other day. I've only had the phone for 18 months and have been using this ROM since the 13b version!

I would RTFM but I can't find a M to FR :P

Bill

Guest bill48er

nice ROM!! is the best ROM in Blade 256MB RAM (Brazil).

just found a bug in rom. the light sensor does not work correctly, the light sensor does not work properly, takes too long to activate

Hi

Are you referring to "screen brightness"?

I've found that if you use any widget to control this the the phone gets confused - a bit like the GPS issues discussed above - I've found that it seems to work quite happily just using "settings" "display" "brightness".

Although I would like a short cut the switch to full brightness when I suddenly, but rarely, find myself in bright sunshine :-D

Guest bill48er

@t0mm13b

Hi again, been using 21 ROM for a week or so now - must say it's so far it has been the most stable ROM since I stripped my GEN 1 stock ROM to bare bones - leaving only the basic functions in place - similar to the principals of this ROM really.

For this install I reinstalled CW recovery and did a factory reset as well as the usual clearing of both cache files - before doing the install - can I get the memory any cleaner than that?

The issue I had with HiSurfing and Droidwall firewalls (see above) unfortunately returned on ROM 20 when I had thought I'd found the cure - BUT they happily co-exist for me with the latest ROM - go figure... something to do with the deep clean before ROM installation maybe?

Q? I can see both "launchers" in the 21 ROM zip file but on installation I got ADW by default and no sign of the original launcher2 - did I miss a "choose" step during the install?

It was a bit of a fiddle in getting "launcher2" out of the zip and back on to the phone - but I managed :-)

Nice work Tom and thank you for a lovely stable frill free ROM.

Guest t0mm13b

Hello t0mm13b! I tryed build AOSP 2.3.7? but i hove some problem. Can you help me?

What is the problem? I cannot tell nor help - please be more clearer :)

Guest toastie99

Hi t0mm13b,

Did you have any luck with the 2G/3G data disconnect issue? I can replicate the issue 100% simply by switching to 2G only in settings then switching back to 3G. This results in me losing my ability to browse the Internet (notification bar suggests i have a data connection though). The only way to restore it is to disable data and re-enable it through settings (or use Airplane mode). Despite the bug i still use the ROM because everything else is pretty much perfect for how i use the phone. I have tried v21 but the issue still exists. Thanks again for the work put in so far.

toastie99

Guest t0mm13b

Can somebody try this out - this is the fix for the autobrightness (In Settings > Display, in which someone reported it did not work properly)

The kernel driver for the light sensor is what's causing the issue, an old TAOS module plus it uses two other modules as well taken from the source here on github, only the light sensor drivers.

The download is available here.

Un-tar/un-gzip the file called autobrightness_fix.tar.gz (

tar xvfz autobrightness_fix.tar.gz
); there will be a file called t0mm13bROM_autobrightness_fix_boot.img and do the following:
sudo fastboot flash boot t0mm13bROM_autobrightness_fix_boot.img[/code]

Report back the results :)

Cheers

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest gustavo104

An easier way of working proximity sensor and light too!

http://goo.gl/weNgW (Flash in Recovery)

Running well here, both the proximity sensor and the light sensor.

Ai test and tell if it worked or not :)

(If not, calibrate the proximity sensor in Zte Blade Settings.)

Edited by gustavo104

Guest luciano_boy12

Can somebody try this out - this is the fix for the autobrightness (In Settings > Display, in which someone reported it did not work properly)

The kernel driver for the light sensor is what's causing the issue, an old TAOS module plus it uses two other modules as well taken from the source here on github, only the light sensor drivers.

The download is available here.

Un-tar/un-gzip the file called autobrightness_fix.tar.gz (

tar xvfz autobrightness_fix.tar.gz
); there will be a file called t0mm13bROM_autobrightness_fix_boot.img and do the following:
sudo fastboot flash boot t0mm13bROM_autobrightness_fix_boot.img[/code]

Report back the results :)

Cheers

this archive bricked my blade = infinity loop in android logo green.

reinstalling ROM retry....

this archive bricked my blade = infinity loop in android logo green.

reinstalling ROM retry....

bricked != broken! FYI!

Please refrain from using 'bricked' as if that was the case it would not even start up! ;)

What model is the blade you have?

It works fine with Gen2 European (UK) blade :)

Guest luciano_boy12

bricked != broken! FYI!

Please refrain from using 'bricked' as if that was the case it would not even start up! ;)

What model is the blade you have?

It works fine with Gen2 European (UK) blade :)

My blade is Brazilian model, with 256mb RAM, ROM that was very good in that cell, but this problem only light sensor lenses.

hi t0mm13b,

i've installed "widgetsoid" and by that app bluetooth start approximately one out of three.

only for information

bye

db

Three what? widgets, Explain more clearly?

Have you wigetsoid correctly configured?

Guest d_borghi

hi,

this rom, for my chinese blade, has always the same problem: bluetooth doesn't start to work, when i turn on bt.

but this rom is the best in performance and stability, then, after testing and retesting, i come back to your rom.

then i try to install some widget to control faster all settings. I find "widgetsoid", download, install, configure it.

now i find that turning on the bluetooth through widgetsoid, bluetooth starts working regularly once every three attempts, and this is acceptable.

sorry for my poor english.

bye

db

Guest luciano_boy12

hi,

this rom, for my chinese blade, has always the same problem: bluetooth doesn't start to work, when i turn on bt.

but this rom is the best in performance and stability, then, after testing and retesting, i come back to your rom.

then i try to install some widget to control faster all settings. I find "widgetsoid", download, install, configure it.

now i find that turning on the bluetooth through widgetsoid, bluetooth starts working regularly once every three attempts, and this is acceptable.

sorry for my poor english.

bye

db

same problem here on my blade Brazilian :/

then are two problems so far, bluetooth and brightness sensor.

Right, can you include the logcat from that latest ROM you've tried out.. and I'll keep investigating - am stumped admittedly... :|
Hi Tomm, you can find attached my logcat (using blade_signed_071212_190638.zip ROM) after full wipe, reflash and reboot. Hope this helps to fix the issue, because I want this rom! :) Many thanks.

logcat-20120911-183928.zip

Edited by SlyXo

Guest bill48er

An easier way of working proximity sensor and light too!

http://goo.gl/weNgW (Flash in Recovery)

Running well here, both the proximity sensor and the light sensor.

Ai test and tell if it worked or not :)

(If not, calibrate the proximity sensor in Zte Blade Settings.)

Hi - took the easy route to install this one - thanks gustavo104.

"Brightness" seems to work OK in my GEN 1 - GEN 2 osf - but like the original I've never been happy with the default brightness settings - it usually sets the screen too dark for me.

In a room with daylight or artificial light I find brightness set at about 30% about right for me.

I've just come across an app in the Playstore "brighteriffic" which allows two settings, min and max brightness, (auto brightness in settings must be set to off) and the widget just switches between the 2 settings - and only 47k. Great!

Bill

Guest d_borghi

same problem here on my blade Brazilian :/

then are two problems so far, bluetooth and brightness sensor.

brightness sensor is not a problem for me. i don't like automatic brightness.

for the bluetooth, i think that by "widgetsoid" (free app on the market) it works quite well.

bye

db

• 2 weeks later...

Right everyone,

Have published an updated ROM, #22. :-)

As usual, the changes are on the 2nd post on the first page of this thread.

This is the final version of the ROM and bowing out of the community, final curtain call for me anyway :)

A big heart-felt thanks to everyone in this community - you rock, and thanks to everyone on this thread for their feedback! :-)