Facebook profile pictures

Guest carthesis

Guest carthesis

Does anyone know if there is a setting, or option, or something that needs to be done to get my new One X to pick up ALL the Facebook contacts pictures? At the minute, it's picking up MOST of them, but it is for some reason not picking up my own personal contact picture, nor is it picking up the contact picture of my girlfriend, or a couple of my other friends.

Is this some odd, bizarre security setting on Facebook or something?

My Desire was doing something similar - it previously had all the pictures, but then stopped displaying my GFs picture on calls, messages etc. My Desire was on custom firmware, so I figured it was something to do with that, but it appears not...

Anyone got any ideas?

I've tried everything I can think of - I've linked the Facebook accounts on the phone and on both Facebook and Google. I've tried to do it manually, but it's just not picking them up...

Guest EddyOS

Go into the contact in question and pair it to the Facebook account - sometimes if the names aren't the same on the phone and Facebook they don't automatically join

Guest carthesis

EddyOS -

Already tried that. There were a few contacts that hadn't been paired / linked because of this issue - I've linked them and it's fine with those now.

Done that with the GFs account, and it's still not picking up her contact picture. There are a couple of other Facebook friends whose accounts have been picked up but it's still not displaying contact pictures for. And then there's my account, that just isn't displaying a picture at all. Surely my Facebook account can't be 'not linked', or it wouldn't have picked up all the FB contacts in the first place.

Guest EddyOS

I will say I had an issue one the One S ROM for my Sensation and it eventually sorted itself out a few hours later...bit of a ballache tbh but I have HaxSync which works fine so would assume it would work on the One X (get mine Thursday so not checked yet)

Edited by EddyOS

Guest carthesis

Well, I've installed Friendcaster, and that appears to have done a slightly better, although still not perfect, job of pulling down the contacts pictures.

However, I notice that the girlfriends name isn't even showing up in my 'Friends' list in Friendcaster, and although she's showing up in the list in the Facebook app, the picture isn't. A similar thing is happening with one or two other people as well. I'm therefore assuming that there is some wacky security setting somewhere in Facebook that is preventing the pictures from being pulled down.

Unless anyone else has any ideas?

Guest Ultimate Chin

Im using HaxSync on my OneX and its working perfectly although it didnt work at all at first.

I have found with some contacts that I need to go into edit them and manually select the picture it uses to get it to show properly

Guest carthesis

I got this sorted:

As it turns out, if you aren't careful with the permission in Facebook, you can block everything except the official (and only marginally acceptable) Facebook app from pulling down the pictures - Friendcaster, Friendstream and the lot are denied access to pictures. As the HTC Contacts app uses the Friendstream-Facebook API for contact pictures, if the security settings on someones account are 'wrong', then you don't get pictures.