So who's thinking of buying this?

Guest tilal6991

Guest weckl

Well if you still didnt purchased the g300 consider THL W3 as an outstanding deal extreme for the price. Wooping 1280x720 hd screen, 1gb of ram, frontal camera, 2000 mah battery. Price: 300 dollars

Edited by weckl

Guest Andymac1969

Well if you still didnt purchased the g300 consider THL W3 as an outstanding deal extreme for the price. Wooping 1280x720 hd screen, 1gb of ram, frontal camera, 2000 mah battery. Price: 300 dollars

Link to the above, only got a 1ghz processor, but looks nice $279 (£182) http://android-sale....oid-phone.html#

Edited by Andymac1969

Guest Pondlife

It doesn't look black in the pictures :blink: maybe the description is wrong

Andrew

It is black in one of the pictures lol

Guest Shahmatt

Well if im honest, I was a little worried to coming from the OSF; as it was a brilliant phone for the phone & just the general support it got.

But I took the chance and purchase a G300 & Im very pleased with it, Overall it really is a step up on the OSF. Screen,brightness, Performance etc.

If ur still unsure, I'd suggest going into a Vodafone store and ask to see/play about with 1..to see if its of ur liking :)

Thanks for the reassurance. I'm about 90% sure I'll go with the G300 toward month's end. Unless of course something more interesting pops up, but this is unlikely now I guess.

If it helps you here is the G300 v Blade at maximum brightness

Hope it helps in your choice

Andrew

Thanks for the photos. But what I'm really concerned about is screen sharpness. It's less than the OSF. But is that a problem?

Guest RussellS

Who says its less sharp than blade screen ?

For me its a very good display,probably better than my blade & skate screens.

I would definitely agree with that.

Guest thejaimes111
Anyone considering buying this? I'm seriously tempted to get one after my exams - looks like a great phone for the price,

I'm going to buy it before my exams too :). Hoping you do a great room like ColfusionX in Huawei u8150! !

Guest Davidoff59

coming from the blade,I was very surprised at how good and clear the screen was. Test before you buy and you will see.

Guest eLJay

I'l stick with my white one thanks.

Only cost me £80 (bought second hand).

Then the unlock cost me £4.65.

Didn't get the ear phones but then I always change them anyway.

You won't beat that price (yet, unless it's free through work/deals).

:-)

Guest Shahmatt

Well the pixel density is less than the OSF. On this basis I presume that the screen is less sharp.

On the other hand, it sounds as though the drop in sharpness is so small that it cannot be perceived. Also it sounds as though the screen compensates in other ways by having brighter colors maybe?

Guest Pondlife

I wasn't convinced about going to the same res screen on a larger screen but do find that it's nice enough that I prefer partners g300 screen to my sf, all seems so small :(

Mind you having small fonts set on cm9 coldfusion on blade might add to that feeling

Guest Smiff2

lower screen density is an advantage for those with long-sight (most old people).

G300 easier to read than Blade or even iPhone... well would be, if Android actually allowed increasing font sizes and notification icons etc.. huge oversight from Google (no pun intended). unless there is a way?

also in comparison photos above, which Blade screen? there are at least 3 blade screens with very different appearance.. afaik all G300 screens are same so far?

Edited by Smiff2

Guest toge64

coming from an amoled OSF, the lower DPI really hasn't crossed my mind, its an excellent phone, get it and then mess vodaphone over by using it on another network ;)

Guest eirlysbill1

lower screen density is an advantage for those with long-sight (most old people).

G300 easier to read than Blade or even iPhone... well would be, if Android actually allowed increasing font sizes and notification icons etc.. huge oversight from Google (no pun intended). unless there is a way?

also in comparison photos above, which Blade screen? there are at least 3 blade screens with very different appearance.. afaik all G300 screens are same so far?

I'm one (over 50) and I had a app called Big Font on my blade. Did the job, sort of. I did cause issues with certain stuff though so I couldn't take it too large. But, interestingly enough, I moved it over to the G300, but haven't used it yet.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Plxply

does anybody know if that device supports a 64 gb sd card?

To use any SD card above 32GB (64GB for example) the device needs to be compatible with SDXC whilst the G300 only has SDHC compatbility limiting you to 32GB cards.

Guest eLJay

An Intel Atom in a smartphone... haha, that's a big no-go for me, I'll stick with ARM for the moment.

It probably has a backpack included for (extended) battery life. Imagine that

I did wonder if it is an embrace and destroy move by Intel to try and mess up the ARM processor base.?

Guest Davidoff59

Its in response to Qualcomm pushing towards computer uses for its chips I reckon. Low power low temperature cheap cpu's. Intel has a PC monopoly and they don't want any challenges to that.

There is also the issue of people moving towards tablets and smart phones and away from PC's. This shift will take time but Intel sees it happening now. I was surprised at the price, thinking it would be cheaper as its an unknown in smart phones.I suppose they didn't want to be seen as a budget brand though.

I'm not sold on it yet, especially with locking it down completely.

Guest sjoyce666

I have a stock T-Mobile Vivacity at the moment, would this be a good upgrade? Are there any other phones due to be released soon for a similar price that are worth holding out for?

Guest fr0do
I have a stock T-Mobile Vivacity at the moment, would this be a good upgrade? Are there any other phones due to be released soon for a similar price that are worth holding out for?

I did this. It's a great upgrade yes. There are a few £170+ phones on the horizon but nothing of this spec at this price point as far as I'm aware.

Guest sjoyce666

I did this. It's a great upgrade yes. There are a few £170+ phones on the horizon but nothing of this spec at this price point as far as I'm aware.

I will try and get to a Vodafone shop and get a better look at the phone. I particularly like the Gorilla Glass as my Vivacity is covered in scratches and is only 6 months old

Another quick question to save adding a new topic, does the G300 allow the LED flash to be used as a torch ?