• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

The hacking / rooting thread [update: ROOTED!]

14 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I thought i'd start a thread about hacking / rooting.

So far I can confirm that no existing kernel exploits work. I am able to boot into recovery with 'adb reboot recovery', which gives you non root ADB access, but I cannot reboot into bootloader not recovery using key combinations.

I will update here as I progress... if anyone else is working on it also share here!

I have managed to dump the init scripts from /, so i'm combing those for potential vulnerabilities.

P

Posted · Report post

Making good progress... hopeful of successfully getting root. :)

P

Posted · Report post

I can has root? Yes! ;)

It'll take a little while to package up as I don't really want to give the game away to Huawei on how it works but... job done. :)

P

g300rooted.jpg

Posted · Report post

I can has root? Yes! ;)

It'll take a little while to package up as I don't really want to give the game away to Huawei on how it works but... job done. :)

P

You always come through Paul! Well done and thanks :P

Posted · Report post

Awesome work there, now all we need is an overclockable kernel and all the crap ripped out :D

Posted · Report post

Awesome work there, now all we need is an overclockable kernel and all the crap ripped out :D

Well done Sir, I have now ordered mine.

steve

Posted · Report post

Don't understand why anyone would need to overclock this device unless you are after bragging rights, which is silly since the fact that it's a Huawei would ruin any attempt to brag to your friends ;)

The CPU has enough grunt for most things since it's a 1GHz Cortex A5 ARM7 chip. I would rather see a fully stock Android 4 ROM for the device with a stock kernel providing the best performance & battery life combination.

Posted · Report post

just waiting for an unlock now and I would be all over it!

Posted · Report post

will root negate the need to network unlock, or will it help with the network unlock?

Great job Paul. Did it prove difficult to root?

Posted · Report post

will root negate the need to network unlock, or will it help with the network unlock?

Great job Paul. Did it prove difficult to root?

It's completely separate... But it might help finding an unofficial unlock... Not something I'll be doing though.

P

Posted · Report post

Don't understand why anyone would need to overclock this device unless you are after bragging rights, which is silly since the fact that it's a Huawei would ruin any attempt to brag to your friends ;)

The CPU has enough grunt for most things since it's a 1GHz Cortex A5 ARM7 chip. I would rather see a fully stock Android 4 ROM for the device with a stock kernel providing the best performance & battery life combination.

OC it so the web browser performs better? Not an expert but i'll throw it out there anyway :)

Posted · Report post

nice work, looking forward to rooting guide hate having this vodafone junk on my phone

Posted · Report post

It would be nice once the root is released to just remove the Vodafone stuff and see how the stock rom runs. I'm so tempted to get one... Ona side note looking at that pic... Is the led rgb? Probably no way of actually knowing?

Posted · Report post

Nice work, thank you very much :)