[ROM] MIUI PatchRom RC2

Guest equiliym

Guest equiliym

hey all, i decided to release a new version finally smile.gif this rom has a lot of fixes and includes andalululu's framework so big thanks to him at a start

there are still few issues due to HDPI framework but the rom is pretty much okay for daily usage..

as older ones, this rom too uses vamshi newest kernel, i decided to add both gen1 and gen2 files in installation.. also note that vamshi himself said to switch to SmartassV2 for better battery performance

note: i do not have gen2 device so gen2 has not been tested

launcher has been resized again, widget size have been fixed and 4x4 widgets now works, they dont overlap with dock, you can see screenshot of 4 2x2 clocks in one screen

also, regarding lockscreens, always uncheck lockscreen when applying a theme because they are all HDPI and they will mess up your screen to be unable to unlock, picture related

themes have been fixed and working fully, few statusbar icons might show up un-themed due to two different framework files

original miui settings have also been added with some miui tweaks available (thanks to andalululu for this too)

i also included new Mi FIle Explorer that can be used for editing root files so i deleted Root Explorer, no need for more than one file manager, pic related

i have included a link with 50+ lockscreens for ldpi size, you are free to try them all and if have some that are not in the pack, please post for others to enjoy smile.gif if you want other lockscreen that is hdpi you have to resize it yourself, its not hard at all, resize images and change x,y positions in xml and zip it, job done smile.gif

i only included google play store (market) in this rom since full gapps pack makes rom lag, you can either install needed apps or flash other package via cwm

i added V6 SuperCharger script to keep phone speed normal.. however, if rom seems to be slow, please do the following:

>open tools folder>terminal emulator

>su

>sh /system/xbin/V6 < it starts V6 instalation script, hit 0 to show menu fast, hit 2 for aggresive and 16 to reboot

above should make more memory free and phone running smooth

in rc2.5 update there is a new swap script, to enable swap, do the following steps using terminal emulator:

su

dd if=/dev/zero of=/sd-ext/swap.file bs=1024 count=102400

mkswap /sd-ext/swap.file

you use this code to create swap file on sdcard of size 100mb, you can use any size regarding of your sd-ext size (ie 100*1024=102400, 256*1024=262144 etc) after that you use swapon and swapoff to turn on/off your swap:

swapon /sdcard/swap.file

swapoff /sdcard/swap.file

due to deleted second post i will post download links and changelog here

Changelog:

----------

## Alpha1 - Alpha1.20120304.182020

Initial Release

## RC1 - RC1.0.20120309.143711

Updated hosts file for Ad blocking AdFree 0.8.43 2012-01-06

Added additional icons in system theme

Replaced some stock apps with MIUI ones

Added more MIUI apps

Added MIUI audio files

Fixed launcher size

Resized default theme files

Fixed DeskClock

Fixed some statusbar icons

Added additional apps

Fixed themes

Resized some widgets

Resized some pictures

Enabled bootsound

Added some init.d scripts

Tweaked build.prop

Added Google Play Store

Removed some garbage files

## RC2 - RC2.0.20120416.174548

Added gen2 support

Switched to andalululu's MIUI framework for better performance

Added andalululu's translated Settings.apk

Replaced MIUI Browser with Stock one

Fixed Launcher size issues

Fixed some widgets

Added Beats audio engine

Added DSPManager

Added GenieWidget

Added MiFileExplorer v2.3.7.29

Removed Root Explorer

Added some missing files

Added V6SuperCharger script for better performance

Added additional icons in system theme

Edited some framework-res png files

Removed some garbage files

Removed flipclock widgets

Themed some apps for more MIUI feel

Fixed some permissions

Tweaked system_server for better performance

Tweaked sqlite3 for better performance

Tweaked build.prop

## RC2 - RC2.1.20120421.154944

Edited some framework-res png files

Recompiled framework-miui-res

Changed init.d swap script

Fixed Dialer

Resized Contacts

Removed exDialer

## RC2 - RC2.2.20120425.182907

Fixed theme bootsounds *if theme supports one

Resized bootanimation

Added tweaks with notices to sysctl.conf

Added SuplRootCert to /system/etc

Disabled cleaning of logs in /dev/log/main

Edited build.prop

Removed some non-working CM7 apks

## RC2 - RC2.3.20120430.133318

Fixed toggle layout buttons in SystemUI

Reverted stock sqlite3 due to Illegal instruction issue

Optimized some .9 patches in Launcher

## RC2 - RC2.4.20120516.165714

Fixed MusicShake error

Translated some strings and png's in Theme Manager

Slight edit of Launcher widget grid size

Fixed stock LED Clock 1x2 and 2x2 widgets

Fixed Simple FlipClock 2x4 widget

## RC2 - RC2.5.20120729.195354

Fixed Music player album mask

Fixed FM colors (-= PAC-MAN =-)

Changed READ_AHEAD_KB to 4096

Changed prox_data values

Translated some png's

Translated some Chinese strings

Recompiled Settings

Recompiled Notes

Recompiled Compass

Removed some init.d scripts

Updated ro.build.display.id

racer-miui-2.3.7-RC2 can be downloaded from http://www.raceroms.co.uk/phocadownload/Equiliym-ROMS/racer-miui-2.3.7-RC2.zip

update-miui-2.3.7-rc2.5 can be downloaded from http://www.mediafire.com/?7lb4s3v8wm8ww0n - small update, no wipe needed, recommended to have rc2.4 update, full wipe data/cache needed

update-miui-2.3.7-rc2.4 can be downloaded from http://raceroms.co.uk/phocadownload/Equiliym-ROMS/update-miui-2.3.7-rc2.4.zip - small update, no wipe needed, no need to install previous update

update-miui-2.3.7-rc2.3 can be downloaded from http://raceroms.co.uk/phocadownload/Equiliym-ROMS/update-miui-2.3.7-rc2.3.zip - small update, no wipe needed, no need to install previous update

update-miui-2.3.7-rc2.2 can be downloaded from http://raceroms.co.uk/phocadownload/Equiliym-ROMS/update-miui-2.3.7-rc2.2.zip- small update, no wipe needed, no need to install previous update

update-miui-2.3.7-rc2.1 can be downloaded from http://raceroms.co.uk/phocadownload/Equiliym-ROMS/update-miui-2.3.7-rc2.1.zip - small update, no wipe needed, just flash via recovery

if you have any questions and suggestions, feedback and whatsoever, please post so we can make this rom more usable for our small community

huge thanks to Wooly_Sammoth for hosting this rom on his server

please rate this thread by pressing the + button on the righthand bottom corner of this post if you like this rom, i would appreciate it

you have permision to post this to other forums and whatsoever as long as you say thanks here and use direct link from this post

post-840416-0-09809000-1334598275_thumb.

post-840416-0-70831500-1335017997_thumb.

Edited by equiliym

Guest Raphael Machado

Great ROM!

Thank you so much, man! :lol:

I'll tested it later!

One question:

I've a gen2 phone, so with this ROM I don't need install deadlink patch to work?

Edited by Raphael Machado

Guest equiliym

Great ROM!

Thank you so much, man! :lol:

I'll tested it later!

One question:

I've a gen2 phone, so with this ROM I don't need install deadlink patch to work?

i didnt have where to test gen2 but i included vamshi's gen2 kernel from his thread with related rild files so it should work properly, just flash it and reboot

and do post results since i need to know if gen2 works correctly

Guest Raphael Machado

i didnt have where to test gen2 but i included vamshi's gen2 kernel from his thread with related rild files so it should work properly, just flash it and reboot

and do post results since i need to know if gen2 works correctly

I installed the ROM without the Deadlink Patch and it worked fine!

Guest woden woo

hey all, i decided to release a new version finally :) this rom has a lot of fixes and includes andalululu's framework so big thanks to him at a start

there are still few issues due to HDPI framework but the rom is pretty much okay for daily usage..

as older ones, this rom too uses vamshi newest kernel, i decided to add both gen1 and gen2 files in installation.. also note that vamshi himself said to switch to SmartassV2 for better battery performance

launcher has been resized again, widget size have been fixed and 4x4 widgets now works, they dont overlap with dock, you can see screenshot of 4 2x2 clocks in one screen

also, regarding lockscreens, always uncheck lockscreen when applying a theme because they are all HDPI and they will mess up your screen to be unable to unlock, picture related

themes have been fixed and working fully, few statusbar icons might show up un-themed due to two different framework files

original miui settings have also been added with some miui tweaks available (thanks to andalululu for this too)

i also included new Mi FIle Explorer that can be used for editing root files so i deleted Root Explorer, no need for more than one file manager, pic related

i have included a link with 50+ lockscreens for ldpi size, you are free to try them all and if have some that are not in the pack, please post for others to enjoy :) if you want other lockscreen that is hdpi you have to resize it yourself, its not hard at all, resize images and change x,y positions in xml and zip it, job done :)

i only included google play store (market) in this rom since full gapps pack makes rom lag, you can either install needed apps or flash other package via cwm

i added V6 SuperCharger script to keep phone speed normal.. however, if rom seems to be slow, please do the following:

>su

>sh /system/xbin/V6 < it starts V6 instalation script, hit 0 to show menu fast, hit 2 for aggresive and 16 to reboot

dialer still FCing and contacts are not resized, i had issues when compiling contacts, it wont show up on phone with both original signature and resigned one so not really sure why is that or how to fix at the moment, but if someone wants to try to resize it i will post dimens.xml for our screen size.. also if someone can fix dialer FC (which is also in contacts.apk), help would really be appreciated

i will be posting links and addons and changelog second post so i could keep this thread cleaner with future updates

if you have any questions and suggestions, feedback and whatsoever, please post so we can make this rom more usable for our small community

please rate this thread by pressing the + button on the righthand bottom corner of this post if you like this rom, i would appreciate it

you have permision to post this to other forums and whatsoever as long as you say thanks here and use direct link from this post

Hi guy,good job,thank you very much and tonight try it!!:D

Guest equiliym

I installed the ROM without the Deadlink Patch and it worked fine!

thanks, good to know gen2 works too without additional files/patches :D

Guest massacre^

thx a lot..going to download tonight..have exams so have not been able to check this site for a long time.

nice one :D i digged up some ldpi themes and will post them after my exams end.

Guest equiliym

thx a lot..going to download tonight..have exams so have not been able to check this site for a long time.

nice one :D i digged up some ldpi themes and will post them after my exams end.

do post those, all ldpi themes are needed :P im making one for myself now, might even post it here, why not :P

Guest equiliym

i just want to let you know i am already working on an update :P resizing contacts, fixed dialer, some chinese images translated and similar :P NO ETA since im busy but expect it :D

Guest woden woo

i just want to let you know i am already working on an update :P resizing contacts, fixed dialer, some chinese images translated and similar :P NO ETA since im busy but expect it :D

Good message! can you make it to zip file ???we can be fix this issue by CWM recovery.

others:

when i listened FM radio on lockscreen mode,just click “volume control buttom” to change FM channel,system will be reset,,,,anybody have the same issue???

Guest sack3

Nice rom B):lol::D

Is possible change color of font on popup windows from white to black :unsure::huh::blink:

Edited by sack3

Guest equiliym

@code ill look into it, checked it with debugger, seems to be some permission issues

@woo yes, i will make a flashable update when ready, dont worry :) also for radio, mine seems to work ok tho just changing volume when locked

@sack all font colors have mostly been fixed, popup are either orange or black with white background, im not sure what popup are you talking about.. you may also want to try some themes or something with dark backgrounds if i dont find that issue

Edited by equiliym

Guest equiliym

your theme is very prefect,can you tell me where can download theme and clock weight ???

thats fancy widget (3.5.5) with MiuiSplit clock skin and MIUIWeather weather skin

Guest habbo45

great Rom equillium! ty!

i try to instaill the camera.apk you post in there. but it dont works for me! :X

appear "application not installed".

please help

PS. i cant take screenshots wich this rom. sorry.

Guest equiliym

great Rom equillium! ty!

i try to instaill the camera.apk you post in there. but it dont works for me! :X

appear "application not installed".

please help

PS. i cant take screenshots wich this rom. sorry.

to enable power menu you have to go settings>persona>toggle settings and select compact toggles, then you can hold power button and make screenshots

miui camera does work, you have to add it to /system/app/.. sigh, should have made flashable zip..

Guest habbo45

to enable power menu you have to go settings>persona>toggle settings and select compact toggles, then you can hold power button and make screenshots

miui camera does work, you have to add it to /system/app/.. sigh, should have made flashable zip..

oh god! im passed to much time wich the stock Rom (the racer become very strange weaks ago) so im just forget how to do screenshots! im sorry :P

ty for fast reply equillium! i will wait for the MIUI Camera XD

Guest woden woo

hey all, i decided to release a new version finally :) this rom has a lot of fixes and includes andalululu's framework so big thanks to him at a start

i have included a link with 50+ lockscreens for ldpi size, you are free to try them all and if have some that are not in the pack, please post for others to enjoy :) if you want other lockscreen that is hdpi you have to resize it yourself, its not hard at all, resize images and change x,y positions in xml and zip it, job done :)

>su

dialer still FCing and contacts are not resized, i had issues when compiling contacts, it wont show up on phone with both original signature and resigned one so not really sure why is that or how to fix at the moment, but if someone wants to try to resize it i will post dimens.xml for our screen size.. also if someone can fix dialer FC (which is also in contacts.apk), help would really be appreciated

i will be posting links and addons and changelog second post so i could keep this thread cleaner with future updates

Hi ,equillium,,where can download the theme of your attached pic

post-966790-0-19221600-1334849727_thumb.

Guest equiliym

@pac-man thanks mate :D

@woo that is Pages theme i used in that screenshot, downloaded from miuithemes.com, and those clock are already default in rom

here is the picture of the dialer im working on, its partialy resized and working, stil trying to find stuff that needs resizing in layouts, not really my best side tho :P

left is how it currently looks, right is what it should look like :o

post-840416-0-45371000-1334852430_thumb.

Guest equiliym

thanks for your reply ,,, good news, ,hope it can be fix as soon as possibly ,smile.gif

i can say it does work, had calls and everything seems fine.. it just the layout needs more editing and i cant find the proper ones to edit that are left >.>