Skate vs Samsung Galaxy S

Guest mrmonster

Guest mrmonster

Hello Troops,

Long time observer of the skate forums after some advice if you would be so kind.

I currently have a skate running Atomic but have been offered a Samsung Galaxy S.

Would you go with the Samsung over the skate?

I believe from google that ics is quite well progressed on the Samsung?

Any opinions much appreciated.

Cheers

Guest timfimjim

Depends on the price.

I'd think about it if it were under £120, but nothing more. If you're thinking of upgrading you should look at the Huawei Ascend G300. £100 from Vodafone, good specs. Although the SGS has better dev support (at the moment!)

Guest mrmonster

Depends on the price.

I'd think about it if it were under £120, but nothing more. If you're thinking of upgrading you should look at the Huawei Ascend G300. £100 from Vodafone, good specs. Although the SGS has better dev support (at the moment!)

Cheers for the reply.

Yeah should be well under the 120 mark.

Guest hugobosslives

the samsung is a better phone

but for me it would depend on dev support of the device.

without looking I don't know. but how far long is the ICS development for the device? has it got a reasonably large support base on here or xda/similar?

Guest timfimjim

Cheers for the reply.

Yeah should be well under the 120 mark.

Tempting then!

The screen is a bit smaller (4inch i think) but it's AMOLED so much better technology (more contrast), a faster newer processor, gorilla glass for the screen (tough). better build quality in general.

Could sell your skate on ebay!

Don't even think twice in changing....

The hardware is incomparably better and the community (although I think the skate community is GREAT!! Thank you Tillaz!!!!!) is much bigger... The phone is more widespread, and so you have much more alternatives....

Is the case you are reporting, you can sell your skate for 80 to 100 (if it is in good condition!!!)

Also the cpu is a ARM Cortex-A8 in comparison to armv6 of the skate. Just that is a HUGE diference!!!!

Hello Troops,

Long time observer of the skate forums after some advice if you would be so kind.

I currently have a skate running Atomic but have been offered a Samsung Galaxy S.

Would you go with the Samsung over the skate?

I believe from google that ics is quite well progressed on the Samsung?

Any opinions much appreciated.

Cheers

Edited by smfd

Guest mrmonster

Have now moved onto the Galaxy S which is a super phone.

Had great times on this forum and with the skate itself.

Old phone is on ebay for 24 hours if anyone interested? (If this comment breaks any rules, please delete mods)

All the best

Guest iReece

Galaxy s, twice the power, twice the dpi, twice the sexiness. But also twice the price. The skate can EASILY handle ics, I'm using it right now. No flag, even when not overclocked. But the galaxy s is an overall nicer phone for the added price.