moving apk by adb problem

Guest feckineejit

Guest feckineejit

Hello, wonder if anyone can help me out here, been trying to move an app to system with adb, but i keep getting this ERROR. I know i can download from the market and put it in, but want to know why i can't get it to move with adb, its not just that app, i also tried to move ringtones and notification tones, ogg format. but they wont move either, and i can't delete files etc. I have no problems doing this on my san francisco using adb. any help greatly appreciated smile.gif

P.s the arrow is only to show that i'm typing in the app name properly biggrin.gif

Edited by feckineejit

Guest feckineejit

you have it in adb root mode?

Not sure what you mean when you say "adb root mode" if you mean is USB debugging ticked, then yes it is. If not can you explain what i need to do to put it in adb root mode. cheers

Guest feckineejit

try typing

adb remount

then push the file.

I already tried that Modifoid but still no luck remount don't seem to do anything/or work Link

I'm stumped as to whats up!!

Edited by feckineejit

Guest Modifoid

I already tried that Modifoid but still no luck remount don't seem to do anything/or work Link

I'm stumped as to whats up!!

Apparently remount won't work on a stock ROM and you need to modify the default.prop file. To do that you need to unpack the boot.img edit the build.prop file and repack it and flash it. I don't know how to do that, think i'll wait for a custom ROM. biggrin.gif

Edited by Modifoid

Guest FlatPackPete

A better way of doing it would be something like

adb push whatsapp.apk /sdcard

adb shell

su

mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mmcblk0p12 /system

cd /sd card

cp whatsapp.apk /system/app
Unless that is you just want to install the app, in which case you can just do
adb install whatsapp.apk

Edited by FlatPackPete