Changing lock screen

Guest paulus22

Guest paulus22

I like the new lock screen's ability to startup directly in an application, but compared with froyo I desperately miss the ability to put the phone into "silent" from there. So farI have had to unlock, go to settings / sounds to go "silent". Is there a quicker way, or can I put "silent" onto the lock screen?

Guest paulus22

Two suggestions - thank you - but neither work without first turning on (unlocking) the phone. I was hoping that (just as in froyo) I could enter silent mode directly from the lock screen. Seems a step backwards, but I was under the impression that the lock screen was customisable (although I haven't found out how) and was hoping that I could add silent mode to it.

Edited by paulus22

Guest paulus22

Seems to be the best option, but I will wait until the sound issue is resolved - possibly via an over-the-air update, then I'll move off the voda ROM. Many thanks.

Edited by paulus22

Guest Modifoid

Two suggestions - thank you - but neither work without first turning on (unlocking) the phone. I was hoping that (just as in froyo) I could enter silent mode directly from the lock screen. Seems a step backwards, but I was under the impression that the lock screen was customisable (although I haven't found out how) and was hoping that I could add silent mode to it.

When the phone phone is locked press the power button, release it, then hold the power button again until the phone options menu appears. You can then select silent mode without unlocking the phone.