New user - need help with market and usb ethernet

Guest Muji12

Guest Muji12

Hello all

So I just got my first tablet, a Vega, and need help from this awesome community, as I can't find information on two things:

1) How do I get Grand Theft Auto III on the Vega? It does not show up in Google Play through the device, though does through my PC, but GooglePlay on the PC tells me I "don't have any devices", and the Help reveals that it is because Vega is not a supported device. This same problem is also true for Brothers in Arms 2, Modern Combat 3, Gangstar Rio, and I'm sure many of the other games I wish to play. How do people get these games downloaded and running?

FYI - I am running Honey Ice 3.2.7

2) HoneyICE apparently supports USB Ethernet ("-Added USB Ethernet support" is in Areo's 3.2.7 update list). I have a supported adapter, but can't find any instructions on how to really get it working. I have spent many hours trying to no avail.

Many thanks for your help, and please bear in mind that I am new to this, so simple but detailed answers are much appreciated.

Edited by Muji12

Guest IanTurner

Look under apps for Shuttle tools which should include usb mode. I think there's also a start up button pressing option to boot into host mode but doon't know what it is.

Are you accessing play via the play app or the market app ?

Guest Muji12
Look under apps for Shuttle tools which should include usb mode. I think there's also a start up button pressing option to boot into host mode but doon't know what it is.

Yeah I'm set in USB host mode with everything plugged in correctly from boot, but don't know how to get the ethernet adapter working.

Are you accessing play via the play app or the market app ?

I wasn't aware there were two apps, but this is the stock one that comes with HoneyICE, and after updating itself is called "Play Store" and looks like a little white shopping bag with a triangle on it.

Thanks for your help

EDIT: Accord to this page the play and market app have been merged?

Edited by Muji12

Guest IanTurner

hmm I've been in one of these discussions before. Supporting usb ethernet means it will support some

chipsets but not all. Sqweek had to build his own variant including rtl8150 drivers.

Guest Muji12

Supporting usb ethernet means it will support some chipsets but not all. Sqweek had to build his own variant including rtl8150 drivers.

Yeah, I have a supported chipset adapter. It's the one listed at the bottom of the supported adapters on this page (the Buffalo one) which uses the ASIX chipset. I saw Sqweek's post, but his instructions are too advanced for me at this stage. Could someone who has got this working perhaps break it down in a real step-by-step?