• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

clockwork problem

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Can anyone help, i have stock recovery on the phone, i cant make a nandroid backup with it as there ain't any option for that, i put sebs clockwork recovery on my sd card, then went into stock recovery and tried to install sebs CWM, it started doing what it had to but then finished with some error about it not being installed, anyone know what i'm missing or doing wrong as it seems a few people have moved to sebs CW without any bother. hope you all know what i'm talking about :) it driving me mad here, and i would like to keep any bit of sanity i have left :)

Edited by flibblesan
edited for clarity

Posted

You seen to be using the term clockwork to refer to recovery which is wrong so I've edited your post accordingly.

Stock recovery will only let you install zip files that have been signed by the manufacturer so you cannot use this to install any custom recoveries or roms.

You need to install Sebastian404s clockwork recovery by following the fastboot instructions. Once you have this installed you will be able to produce nandroid backups and install the unbranded rom.

Posted

You seen to be using the term clockwork to refer to recovery which is wrong so I've edited your post accordingly.

Stock recovery will only let you install zip files that have been signed by the manufacturer so you cannot use this to install any custom recoveries or roms.

You need to install Sebastian404s clockwork recovery by following the fastboot instructions. Once you have this installed you will be able to produce nandroid backups and install the unbranded rom.

Cheers Flibblesan will give that a try. :)

Posted

do a Google search for Google SDK install on your computer. It takes a bit of work to get set up but I managed last night for the first time. The guides are generally well laid out and easy to follow. I used the fast boot method last night for the first time.

Posted (edited)

do a Google search for Google SDK install on your computer. It takes a bit of work to get set up but I managed last night for the first time. The guides are generally well laid out and easy to follow. I used the fast boot method last night for the first time.

Already have Google SDK installed on my laptop, had it there for over a year for my SF, even deleted it and downloaded it again last night, just cant get my adb to remount, been trying for days to try to get it to work, might just give up as i'm confused as what to do, i have no problems with adb with the SF.

Edited by feckineejit

Posted

2 DLL files are produced when you plug the phone in when in boot loader mode. These need to be moved to another folder in the sdk and then it should work. It prob still has the blade files there so it can't see the g300.

Please see post 63 in the link below and also the link in that post for extra information.