[17-05] [ROM] TripNDroid Official Rom | 123.28.404.B.U | 003

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest Try4Ce

If you restore anything there is NO change that the echo will be fixed. Unless you do a full wipe you could profit from fixes. I explained this in the CM9 topic. ps. "OMG" is useless because i dont have echo problems for me everything works perfectly you can keep saying OMG how much you want i dont read it.

Everyone who restore's anything will always have the echo issue.

Hey there. Just wanted to say that I did a full wipe / factory reset before I installed this baby. I never use Titanium Backup, so the only thing that happened was the automatic app restore by the market.

Did the whole process twice now and tested it with 2 different people. First, I let my girlfriend call me. Echo present. Then I called back. Echo present. The exactly same happens when calling my brother on the landline....

Guest Toichat

Hey, great job with the ROM so far. Got the latest version installed and everything seems to be running wonderfully.

One question though, would it be possible to implement a toggle for mobile data? Unless I've been struck by selective blindness I can't seem to find an option to add a toggle for it. Unless it's the "swagger" option, which confused me somewhat o.O

One other thing I have noticed is that the phone seems to turn its screen back on whilst locked and in its pouch, causing the battery to drain rather quickly. Not sure if this is a ROM issue or if the case is simply too tight and is pressing the power button in my absence, but it seems like something worth reporting just in case.

Keep up the great work :)

Edit:

Something else I've found, the clock in the notification bar seems to keep freezing, doesn't unfreeze without changing one of the clock settings (am/pm display etc) to force it to update. Noticed this on v7 of the cm9 ROM as well.

Edited by Toichat

Guest apascual89

Hey there. Just wanted to say that I did a full wipe / factory reset before I installed this baby. I never use Titanium Backup, so the only thing that happened was the automatic app restore by the market.

Did the whole process twice now and tested it with 2 different people. First, I let my girlfriend call me. Echo present. Then I called back. Echo present. The exactly same happens when calling my brother on the landline....

Then it must be something weird with some phones, because I tried basically the same, my wife called me, no echo, I called myself from my landline and then called my landline from my cell phone and can't get the echo even when looking for it.

This is running perfect for me so far I will check to see if the Bluetooth media streaming issue of having to pair everytime is still present.

Guest robocik

Super smooth rom.

Any reason we should flash the just released cm9 update instead of this?

Is the kernel the same?

Thanks

Is there any reason to flash AOKP instead of CM9? It's the same here. It's not AOKP but almost same changes

About the kernel, it should be new

what are the differences between all this roms?

CM9, AOKP and this one? did anyone tested all them, if yes, can you do some compares ?

Edited by robocik

Guest mils69

I too experienced a moment of TripNFreud madness.. flashed the ROM (twice just to make sure Trip's double wipe was effective).. but have since gone back to a Sense-based ROM (all that shockingly bad memory management included).

- No doubt the ROM certainly shows the promise of the Tegra-3, and the functionality that Trip has added in is excellent... however

- GPS couldn't find it's way out of a wet paper bag for about five minutes after a reboot and while it kept telling me it could see sixteen satellites it never got a lock on more than four. Ironically an HTC Sensation and a GNex had both locked onto seven out of seven visible beacons.

- The stock ICS camera is just a joke compared to HTC's Camera app + ImageSense. Whatever is going on with the sensor needs sorting out (and I'm not blaming Trip for that whatsoever). As the camera was always one of the selling points anyone who flashes an AOSP ROM had better be convinced they don't mind taking mediocre photos (the kind you used to take with your Sensation more often than not!)

I'm looking forward to seeing what further magic Trip can conjure up with this ROM.. and for now I'll have to be content just being a spectator on the sidelines.

Hi,

This rom works amazing for me I have had no problems, everything is running so smooth :D. No call echo that other people are reporting. Games are running much smoother on this rom than any other out there!

Thanks for all the hard work TripNRaVeR.

Guest TripNRaVeR

Hi,

This rom works amazing for me I have had no problems, everything is running so smooth :D. No call echo that other people are reporting. Games are running much smoother on this rom than any other out there!

Thanks for all the hard work TripNRaVeR.

Nice to see you like it

Guest Owenwil

I just signed up to Modaco to say THANKS for this ROM. It's fantastic. My One X is actually so perfect now :)

Edit: I did find a bug - Facebook contact sync doesn't seem to work. Other than that I can't find anything bad.

Edited by Owenwil

Guest Try4Ce

I just signed up to Modaco to say THANKS for this ROM. It's fantastic. My One X is actually so perfect now :)

Edit: I did find a bug - Facebook contact sync doesn't seem to work. Other than that I can't find anything bad.

Facebook sync is not officially supported anymore by Google because Google doesnt agree with Facebooks privacy policies. Therefore, in AOSP builds, you need either HaxSync (payed third-party app) or you need to wait for a working stock-hack.

In Sense ROMs it only works because Sense uses its own contacts API (+dialer). HTC re-enabled the Facebook Sync.

Edited by Try4Ce

Guest Quiksilver78

I ABSOLUTELY love this ROM, and I hope it doesn't go unsupported or discontinued in favour of the other 2 :D

Expect a 'few cold ones' on my next pay, Trip. It is the least one can do to support your incredible efforts!

Guest Owenwil

I don't know if you're looking for bug reports, but I was finding the battery to be dying quite quickly on my HOX after flashing this ROM. I installed BetterBatteryStats and can see a power management service that's keeping a wakelock all the time... Any thoughts as to why? :(

I love the ROM and will be donating at the end of the month :]

AtfX2aTCIAA7L-a.png

Edited by Owenwil

Guest Quiksilver78

I don't know if you're looking for bug reports, but I was finding the battery to be dying quite quickly on my HOX after flashing this ROM. I installed BetterBatteryStats and can see a power management service that's keeping a wakelock all the time... Any thoughts as to why? :(

I love the ROM and will be donating at the end of the month :]

Not sure if this helps you but usually when I install new ROMs I do a full charge and then boot into Clockworkmod Recovery and delete Battery Stats.

Things usually settle down for me a couple of power cycles later after doing this.

Guest apascual89

Trip, I just saw that on twitter you said (like 8 hours ago) that there was an updated kernel for all Tripndroid roms. Does that mean that the one on the cm9 thread can be used here?

Thanks

Hi TripNRaVeR,

I will be sending you a brew at the end of the month m8 just waiting for payday. Please continue to update it because it rocks!

Guest h00pyfr00d

I've not looked at this thread in a few days but I take it the echo is still present in rev 003 of this ROM?

I prefer this to Trip's CM9 so looking forward to having the echo fixed.

Thanks Trip!

Guest apascual89
I've not looked at this thread in a few days but I take it the echo is still present in rev 003 of this ROM?

I prefer this to Trip's CM9 so looking forward to having the echo fixed.

Thanks Trip!

Yep still there. I prefer this one also

Guest adwin

@trip:

have you correctfly defined the AP firmware in your device tree?

Get the correct firmware from the linux-firmware git/kernel.org

Furthermore, are you using the following defines?

TARGET_FW_DIR=/system/etc/firmware/ti-connectivity

TARGET_NVS_FILE=$TARGET_FW_DIR/wl1271-nvs.bin

WL12xx_MODULE=/system/lib/modules/wl12xx_sdio.ko

TARGET_INI_FILE=/system/etc/wifi/TQS_D_1.7.ini

Are you using the wl128x/wl1283+ics HAL?

http://git.omapzoom....r1;hb=p-ics-mr1

Furthermore, the wl driver can be compiled from that tree (the in-kernel one doesn't work, since wl1283 support was added only in v3.0+)

The other solution would be to port it from compat-wireless

Edited by adwin

Guest adwin

Trip, any plans on updating this?

Thanks

I've taken a look at device definitions & if you want to build for aosp, tf201 (transformer prime) device build definitions work well. They do need adjustment for wifi though (bcm vs TI).

Guest Quiksilver78

Not up to speed with 'repacking' kernels and whatnot, but is it possible to use other kernels with this ROM? if so, it is necessary for someone to repack it or can we flash straight away?