Original factory ROMs from Huawei

Guest Simon O

• 1 month later...
Guest dyjay2012

HELLO! I run the stock 940 , and my problem is the game shadowgun, the touch not respond correctly. In GB the game run verrry gooog!Thank You !!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! When I bought te phone from Vodafone Romania, I had B892 . Now i run B944 and today Vodafone Romania launchd the official ICS update for my country. If i instal this zip via CWM, will I be able to do the update.? In ordet to the update relesed I havi to first instal B895 and then B936. (the official update, gpoing from GB to ICS requires 2 updates). Hope to hear from you. thank you

Guest nylacika

Hi! I have a problem. I have a Hungarian GB B882 rom on my phone. I would like to change it to GB B895 ROM. At the second step of the installing process the ROM stops and it writes: failed. Any idea what can I do to change the rom?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Chris Banks

Whenever I try this, I get the message update failed 1/3 of the way through on step 2/2. Anyone any ideas?

Currently on gingerbread trying to get a stock install (baseband 109808)

Edited by Chris Banks

... Now i run B944 and today Vodafone Romania launchd the official ICS update for my country. ..

I wouldn't touch it. B936 is inferior to B944 in many ways.

Just resist the temptation and leave it as it is :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I m trying to find something about stock roms before i flash it but....

Can somebody who tryed the roms say what is difference between B934 B944 and B952;

What is changed, and is thare any major errors, like gps, bluetooth, wifi, 3g, touchscreen not working, unstable.

Also i want to know, can i downgrade B952 to B934 or so, and can i root B952 ?

I have B935 rom witch i downloaded useing offical update, before rooting my phone, it is stored in HwOUC folder on sd card i backed up it on PC, can i simply flash this firmware back ?

Thank you in advance :)

Guest gileip

Hello everyone. I use the Huawei G300 for a couple of months and I have to say that for the money the phone is the best buy. I switched to ICS B952 and I must say that it is much more functional and more beautiful, a little slower, but it's not that bad.

But I have one problem that I do not know how that resolve, and the problem is same from the ICS and GB.

While I had VIP rom I had no problems, and these problems were created when I switched to ICS B952, then came back to GB B894 thinking that I'm going to address the problem, but nothing, so I'm now back on the ICS B952. Specifically the VIP's rom my work on the bell ringing for all calls and for each contact no problems, no matter how many times the phone put on USB and turn off SD card, and when it was ringing in SOUND folder on the SD card. Now I put a melody using root explorer in system media folder and everything works great until .. until you attach the phone to the USB and turn off the SD card. When turn on the card all sound back to default settings, in a sound that I can not find it either in the system folder on the phone. Even I reboot and voice messages, they disappear completely!? Then I have to re-inject the bell ringing and ringing for contacts that I want to give a different tone and a ringing message. Everything works nicely, ICS me a lot more beautiful than GB and I am satisfied, but this is bothering me. The problem is the same when I get back on the GB.

Is there some solution, some link for this my problem, I read on the net, but I have found the answer.

Say that my phone is root and I have CWM, if it might mean something!?

Hello and thank you in advance for your help.

Edited by gileip

Guest rwalton159

I need to return my phone. Can I swap to GB from Cyda's [ROM][iCS] Stock+ ROM [b952 - R1 - Updated: 29/11] just by dumping this rom on my sd card please?

Thanks

I need to return my phone. Can I swap to GB from Cyda's [ROM][iCS] Stock+ ROM [b952 - R1 - Updated: 29/11] just by dumping this rom on my sd card please?

Thanks

Never tryed that but it should be possible, of course if you want to return phone you have to use original stock rom, and i think it sould be same one wich you get with phone, or rom that is offical update.

I think you don't need to get back to GB, you can flash ICS as well, as long as that is offical rom for your phone and operator.

It is recomanded to backup your imei as precaution before you do anything especially if you downgradeing grom ICS to GB besouce BB is different.

Edited by k0va

• 2 weeks later...
Guest aswiseman

Just got my second G300 after the glass on the first one got cracked, just before the prices went up too :-) This one came with ICS with an OTA upgrade to B952.

I will be unlocking it and want rid of the Vodafone bloat, so I thought I'd try the unbranded version of B952 from the Huawei website. This contains a ZIP file which has a PDF of instructions and an UPDATE.APP file. I downloaded this to my PC, unzipped and copied the file to my external SD card.

I followed the instructions and it failed to even Unpack (It said "Update failed" almost immediately). I tried both methods - the Storage Update and the rebooting with the volume keys held down - both failed.

From reading these forums it seems I might need a middle layer to flash first, but again I got an "Update failed" on unpacking.

I have no CWM, have not unlocked the bootloader, am not trying to wipe the phone or the IMEI, just an out-of-the-box upgrade.

Has anyone had any success going from Voda B952 to Huawei B952? Is there a better way of deleting the Vodafone apps and killing the startup/shutdown Vodafone animations?

Hello,

Is there any specific reason why you don't want to instal CWM ?

I have tryed lots of roms till now, and everything works only on stock roms (except wifi second phase authetication witch does works only on GB ). So now i m useing Stock+ rom based ond B952. CyanogenMod is great i think it is a loot faster then stock roms, but it is far away from stable, to much things i need doesn't work yet.

You can use some apps for deleteing Vodafone apps like NoBloat but you need to root phone for that.

I heared before that people have problems with downloading ROM's from Huawei site, maybe file is demaged in transfer, if not i don't know what could be wrong. ;(

About your old g300 would this fix it ? http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=huawei+g300+glass&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Guest aswiseman

Having failed to update the ROM to the Huawei one, I headed off to root the phone and then downloaded an Animation Changer app from the store to get rid of the Vodafone startup/shutdown animations...

THEN I realised I'd been a fool and had put the DLOAD\UPDATE.APP on the internal RAM instead of the external MicroSD card. D'oh!

Once I moved the update file to the right drive, the update happened fine :-)

The ROM didn't seem to come with the "All Backup" app, which was a worry, but it did come with "AppInstaller", which allowed me to get "All Backup" back, so now I should be able to restore the phone. Restoring apps also messed up the alphabetical order in the apps drawer, but luckily this ROM allows you to edit the ordering (there's a pencil icon to allow "editing") in the same manner as Apple's iOS.

The only thing I'm missing is the power toggles on the notification pull-down. I've read you can get hold of the vendor update files, but I'm not sure there are any for B952? Anyone know?

Guest aswiseman

About your old g300 would this fix it ? http://www.ebay.com/...cat=0&_from=R40

I don't have my old one - I claimed on my free mobile phone insurance in the end and sent them the phone. (Excess was £50.) They weren't able to repair it (or figure it would be too expensive) so sent me the cash to replace it after being unable to source a G300 from their source.

I did look around to replace it first. One shop said it would cost £100 to repair a screen another said £150, making it cheaper to buy a new phone. One shop did quote me £42 but said only if they could get the glass...

Hello,

I have bad experiences with service shops, they cheeted me far to many times, and i m tired of search for honest one. In my conuntry is like that, so i repair everything my self. With parts from e-bay or local ads. All you need to be servicer today is internet and little bit of skil with tools.

About power toggles, have them on stock+ rom http://www.modaco.co...1-updated-2911/, it requires CWM to remove original toggles. Maybe it is possible to remove Huawei toggles manualy and youst install power toggles from google play. If you don't have toggles at all youst install power toggles, https://play.google....com.painless.pc

All backup is not the best backup tool, you should think about anoder tools to like GO backup or similar. I was suprised when i flashed my first rom, all backup simply didn't work, i could not install it. So i figured that it doesn't work on all roms, wich was enough reason for me to find some other tool,

Edited by k0va

Guest robertob2

Hello,

I have a G300 with official vodafone Rom B936 rooted end CWM installed, waiting for the next more stable CM10.

Vodafone has now released an OTA B952 update, is possible to update the phone with the Ota update?

If yes, I must re-root the phone and reinstall CWM after the upgrade before installing the next CM10 custom Rom?

Thank you for help and sorry for my english.