[Tool][Linux] ZTE Porting Tool [Update: v5.0 - 29.07.12]

Guest XMasterNinni

Guest timoti111

Hmm all times im trying to start porting tool on windows with cygwin im getting this error. I followed all steps on xda to install cygwin on windows.

post-954811-0-76092800-1343631701_thumb.

Guest utternoob

Does the installation differ for cygwin? If so, follow those as well.

When I ported, all I got was data, meta-inf and system, for some reason no boot.img. Any ideas?

Guest XMasterNinni

@timoti111

You have to follow this tutorial:

(WINDOWS OPTION 1) Install Cygwin, which is a Unix environment for Windows. You can install a custom Cygwin that has all the required packages to run the kitchen:

Click here for a pictorial guide to assist you with the Cygwin install (thanks to carl1961).

1. Download and install the Java JDK for Windows 32-bit from here or directly from java.sun.com (requires an email address) (WARNING: Do not install Cygwin before the JDK!! If you already installed Cygwin, then see NOTE2 below.)
  2. Download the file dsixda_cygwin_install.zip, unzip it and follow the instructions in the "kitchen_readme.txt" file to install a customized version of Cygwin. Done!

NOTE: If you already have an old installation of Cygwin on your PC, it may not work with the kitchen due to missing packages. Open the 'cygwin_required.txt' attachment (end of this post) to see which packages you may need to install.

NOTE2: If you had installed Java after Cygwin, then the kitchen may have issues finding the Java executable file, which will require an edit of the .bash_profile file. See here to fix it.

Just replace the Kitchen with my tool.

@utternoob

You're on Windows? Are you sure you followed the steps in my readme correctly?

Edited by XMasterNinni

Guest XMasterNinni

If the ROM you want to port is 2.3.5...yes.

Are you sure that you FIRST start the tool and put the extracted ROMs to tge right place afterwards?

Guest utternoob

Oh ok. CD to tool folder and then ./porting tool.sh doesn't work. Not sure why?

My bad, downloaded wrong thing :(

Edited by utternoob

Guest utternoob

After going back to a previous raspberry pi image, rom ported ok, but booted up, got to skatie logo, and then went straight into recovery. Think the libs may need replacing, or is that covered in porting process?

Guest razzmataz1478

After going back to a previous raspberry pi image, rom ported ok, but booted up, got to skatie logo, and then went straight into recovery. Think the libs may need replacing, or is that covered in porting process?

It's covered in porting process but because the ROM is meant for the Ace there will be extra stuff that needs to be taken care of.

Guest utternoob

Removed some touchwiz and kies stuff, not sure what else I can remove. There was a Wi-Fi folder, and replaced the system apps as well. Could it be boot-animation? Got a problem where I can't logcat due to being offline, so can't see what's going on

• 1 month later...
Guest eloimuns

Hi there, I'm a novice to this area and would like to bring the Samsung Galaxy Ace ROM but I have a problem, the screen always looks backwards. Is there any solution to rotate the screen? Only the screen because the sensor of the screen is correct.

Thanks! :)