MoDaCo Custom ROM Gr2 for the Huawei U8815 / G300 (B888) - New: PartitionSwap

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest timhardy

Just a quick thanks for this rom - I got the handset a few weeks ago and this site has been my introduction to rooting and flashing it.

So I've subscribed, partly to say thank you and partly to enjoy the rom kitchen :)

Baking and installing a rom that excludes the app for my pet hate, Facebook (and of course dropping the Vodafone bloatware) makes it worth every penny! Thank you!

Hi! can someone please tell me if the Gr2 ROM har the volume issue fixed? Is the sound like on a ICS rom or is it still low , like when i bought my phone from vodafone? thenk you

Guest Hoggonator

AnTuTu Benchmark score, Paul's GR2, supercharged, with Holo launcher: 3012. Will post screen if requested.

Amazing, thanks a lot Paul!

3089 here with Go Launcher nothing else no overclock or supercharging :)

ETA: Cannot attach to WIFI network though since the 'sidegrade' - Tries to connect to existing networks then goes to disconnected/failed, this is on previously working networks, also retried resetting the credentials.

I may have to go back to stock as I cannot have the phone without WIFI - Do I just perform a full restore via CWM of the backup I performed before applying the prebake?

ETA2: Well completed a CWM restore and that was fine, however WIFI still refuses to attach :( works on a blackberry and a laptop still just not the G300 (which was perfectly attached before the sidegrade) - Phone can still see networks out there..

ETA3: Hmm, not WIFI in the phone as a colleague has a MIFI connection which I could connect to. Will have to try more tests tomorrow but looks like for some very odd reason I can no longer attach to the work WIFI when I could before changing to this ROM and I still can on a BB and a Laptop?

Edited by Hoggonator

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

im sure its just me being stupid but ive been using this rom for a while and its been great although im trying to take the plunge and go ICS. Every upgrade i try from my old baseband fails. Is that because ive got htis rom installed? and if so how do i get back to something that will let me do it?

Thanks

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
Guest intensedarkness

Right, ive finished the custom rom and im trying to test it out on the android emulator, how can i do this

Have you seen this?

You will probably find it really helpful.

Read it and understand it. Google the words you don't understand.

Have you rooted your phone?

Edited by intensedarkness

• 2 weeks later...

hello, my phone allways reboot itself 3-4 time every day, do you have this problem??

I try CM9 r5, galaxy S3, jelly bean sandwich B3 all rom have this problem.

When i was stock huawei 2.3 rom I dont have this problem.

I dont have sd card in the phone.

Ok I have finally got my internet connection back

I just wanna ask is there any way to get to this rom from 4.0.3 (B936)

-I was stupid and just flashed this rom but then my IMEI was lost (baseband was unknown), I panicked a little and then I updated back to ICS and everything was back in normaln but I stil want to go back to GB (this rom for example)

-I tried (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fHCqgv3Erj-IOAHssv20sxVMaphQJiVr3hebq9oQHNo/edit?pli=1) but it didnt worked (cant restore fake IMEI)

-I tried doing the official way (downgraded somehow from 944 to 936 and used official tool for downgrading but update failed every time)

I really dont know what to do anymore, so please help me

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest deniserxc

Explain me something please: can I acces the internal card of the phone?, because I don't seem to find it. I can only access the sd card.

Guest tzigoineru

I've got a case of missing toggles from notifications pull-down menu. Is this normal? If not, what might be the cause?

baseband : 109808

• 1 month later...
Guest derei

I'm a newbie in android things...but I still want to put this ROM on my Huawei. Unfortunately I got stuck on choosing the right ClockworkMod file from the link you posted on the first page. Sebastian404's post sends me here http://android.podtwo.com/recovery.php?device=hwu8815 but as you can see there are several files... As I don't have any recovery installed yet, I should go with "fastboot method", so no zip file. Still, there are several choices and I can't tell which one is for me.

Please guide me. Thank you,

• 4 months later...
Guest DréFerreira

I live in portugal. It won't detect my network provider (vodafone) and it wont let me select in manually (says error) so it's of no use to me like this... someone please help!

• 1 month later...
Guest timhardy

Hi 

I've searched the forums and had no luck.

I can't get the Sim Tool Kit (STK) to work with this rom. I had an icon for it but when I clicked it there was a warning message that the app could not be found and the icon vanished.

I downloaded a zip from another forum that claimed to be the apps from the stock rom, unzipped it to find the individual apps then tried flashing the STK zip from Clockwork Mod but although there was no error message or warning when I ran this, there is still no sign of the app.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what steps I can take to debug this problem and fix this? Any help gratefully appreciated. Thanks

Edit: just tried with the flashlable SIM Toolkit zip from here: http://www.modaco.com/topic/362662-stock-appsmods-for-the-g300/

Still no joy. There's no icon and it doesn't show as being installed under Settings / Manage Applications  

Edited by timhardy

• 2 months later...
Guest Unreal012

hy,

sorry to dig up old post but i have a little problem ...

the online kitchen is down and has been for a wile now(if been trying to get a custom rom with partition swap...) any ideea if it will be back in the future ?