Finally Ordered One

Guest RussellS

Guest RussellS

Well I've bitten the bullet and ordered a G300 from the Vodafone website. Also I went through Topcashback so hopefully I will have £5.05 coming back to me as well. I only waited this long to order it because I was nervous about the low volume problem but now that has been sorted, albeit unofficially, I'm happy to get one.

I've had a San Francisco since Nov 2010 and have tried many different roms on it so I'm looking forward to the same on the G300. Just need to order a case for it now. I've got the Nillkin case on my OSFwhich was the first to become available and has been great so I would like the same for the G300.

Can't wait for thwe phone to arrive now and have a play. :D

Guest RussellS

My G300 has turned up today so I'm a happy boy. Just got to get it unlocked and then decide what to update it to. Do I go for the official B885 or the unofficial B888. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

I would give it a few days before upgrading to the B888 in case you notice any faults and need to retun it (unless somebody figures out a way to flash to stock ROM back after installing B888). Also that way you will be more sure that any issues you may encounter in the future are a result of the ROM (which can hopefully be changed in future) and not the phone itself.

Guest RussellS

I would give it a few days before upgrading to the B888 in case you notice any faults and need to retun it (unless somebody figures out a way to flash to stock ROM back after installing B888). Also that way you will be more sure that any issues you may encounter in the future are a result of the ROM (which can hopefully be changed in future) and not the phone itself.

I was thinking the same thing myself. As it happens, I'm not going to use it properly until I have my Nillkin case arrive from China so I'm in no hurry. I've just ordered my unlock code from 'cellunlockerpro' on eBay for £5.00 as well.

Guest maritimesbob

Hello folks

Just ordered one last night.

Long story, was searching the Vodafone website for info on getting my damaged phone replaced, insurance etc. I have a HTC Desire S which I am happy with (or was), unfortunately it was dropped on concrete resulting in a shattered lcd. I decided to replace this and put in a new touchscreen but it appears the pcb was also damaged.................... more money! At this point I was comtemplating selling the phone for spares/repairs on Ebay and buying a used phone to see out my contract which has eight months remaining.

Low and behold, I spotted the Huawei, I was like ooooh what's this, a quick glance I thought it was a HTC until I noticed the price. Further reading I decided to order this one to repace my contract HTC.

I had a SF/Blade on Orange a few years back, rooted and enjoyed modding the hell out of that. The Desire S was of course a different beast, I never bothered rooting and modding it, I figured it was a bit more challenging and didn't fancy risking bricking a £300 phone! I am currently using my girlfriend's old Hero which I rooted and Flashed CM7.

Anyway, looking forward to getting this phone. I assume they send a delivery email of some kind?

I will be flashing to a non-branded mod from Huawei, not sure if I will root and CWM the thing or not. I guess it's better then I can nandroid and be safe. The Huawei updates are nice and easy to install with no rooting required. The main thing is to get rid of the Vodafone junk and fix up the speaker issue.

Damn, can't believe all this for £100, wow! Haven't been this excited about a phone in ages!!!!

Edited by maritimesbob

Guest FrankieADZ

good to hear :)

if your unsure about rooting in, its really quite simple tbf, I thought it would be a pain to root etc when I got mine but it was simple as making toast(yes I know some ppl can burn it :P)

Guest maritimesbob

Well, must say I am very impressed, even more so at the price. Phone arrived today with DPD. Unpacked, charged, rooted etc. Very happy, the phone will definitely see me through my Vodafone contract (until I can upgrade) at the least.

Guest FrankieADZ

G300 has gorilla glass so screen protector is not needed really.

yeah but its better to be safe than sorry imo ;)

yeah but its better to be safe than sorry imo ;)

I see what your saying and I agree,but I personally find screen protectors slightly blur your view of the screen and possibly maybe touch screen a little less sensitive.I am probably talking a load of cod,but it sounds like a good theory :lol:

Guest FrankieADZ

I see what your saying and I agree,but I personally find screen protectors slightly blur your view of the screen and possibly maybe touch screen a little less sensitive.I am probably talking a load of cod,but it sounds like a good theory :lol:

lol.

I agree with you on the blur bit, some of them can :(

also...another good reason for Screen Protectors is greasy finger marks...but I hate put the protectors on. getting it just right annoys me rotten lol

My skate is 7 months old,with no protector,not a single scratch on it(I am probably a little on the OCD side maybe :lol:)

But as said above,better to be safe than sorry.

I just had a look on ebay,but the screen protectors look like the ones I used on my blade,blur your screen,fingerprint magnet type.

Anyone know where to get quality ones ?

edit: This one looks good,its a 3M one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vikuiti-ADQC27-screen-protector-from-3M-for-Huawei-Ascend-G300-/170838987833?pt=UK_Computing_LaptopAccessories_RL&hash=item27c6cc1439

Edited by Guest

Guest FrankieADZ

My skate is 7 months old,with no protector,not a single scratch on it(I am probably a little on the OCD side maybe :lol:)

But as said above,better to be safe than sorry.

I just had a look on ebay,but the screen protectors look like the ones I used on my blade,blur your screen,fingerprint magnet type.

Anyone know where to get quality ones ?

edit: This one looks good,its a 3M one: http://www.ebay.co.u...=item27c6cc1439

bit expensive imo. i got 6 for £2.45...before they put the price to £3.99, think there decent for the money :)