B885 now available, official rom from Huawei or Vodafone

Guest alhimyaa

Guest BLaZiNgSPEED

I updated mine with the update from the phone. Went to setting and then at the top it will say Upgrade. Upgrade firmware to Asura.

Only 14 MB in size.

It fixed my volume issue. Now it's much louder! :D

Guest Gary_J_Wright

Interestingly, I ran the 884 update the other day to fix my volume issues, and then restored de-branded 882 rom. and I ended up with my AMSS & OEMSBL at 884, and everything else at 882.

well by that statement we can assume that is where the fix is written too! or not?

Guest Sebastian404

Im not sure, I can only assume so, however the 885 update seems to replace:

system/etc/AudioFilter_MSM7225A_U8655.VerE.csv
system/etc/AudioFilter_MSM7227A_U8815.VerE.csv[/CODE] and applys a patch to:
[CODE]/system/lib/libaudio.so

Guest Fabrizioso

Hi,

I'm still with the B882 stock ROM and haven't rooted the phone yet.

Has someone confirmed that rooting still works after the update?

Since I once let my Wii install an upgrade which closed the way of jailbreaking it I became very careful with applying vendor updates... ;-)

Thanks,

Fabrizio

Guest Frankish

well by that statement we can assume that is where the fix is written too! or not?

Its almost definitely OEMSBL causing the downgrade to fail. You only need to check the sdupdate log text to see that it seems to check the state of this and fail.

Guest Fabrizioso

You can still root after the update. :)

Great, thanks! So I just installed the update. Speaker is way better now for media playback, still the ringtone could be louder.

I strongly believe that this is only a temporary hotfix for me until either the official ICS or a CM9 port is available... :)

Guest Bouncer5

I've found B885 more laggy thatn B882 and the capacitive buttons to be even less responsive than they were originally.

B888 Seems to have solved all those issues for me tho.

Guest Sebastian404

posting food like that here...it makes me hungry lol...& we in the UK cant get awesome stuff like that :(

I belive that Ben & Jerry tried selling thier IceCream wich in the UK last year, but there was not a lot of interest in it, so its gone back to the graveyard.

it's why americans are so fat though ^^

I don't know about Americans but this is the reason I'm fat:

http://www.coldstonecreamery.com/icecream/signature_creations.html

Birthday Cake Remix.... hmmm, remix....

Guest FrankieADZ

I belive that Ben & Jerry tried selling thier IceCream wich in the UK last year, but there was not a lot of interest in it, so its gone back to the graveyard.

I don't know about Americans but this is the reason I'm fat:

http://www.coldstone..._creations.html

Birthday Cake Remix.... hmmm, remix....

yeah they do...but you guys over there have all the good stuff...we have so many plain things here...you get different varieties of stuff...we dont :(

so sad & hungry now....come on Huawei....release ICS too ;) lol

Guest jezwelshmun

phone isnt rooted and was basically out of the box, did the official update 2 B885. All was fine then i installed Dolphin Hd and it froze. Pulled the battery and on restart it said a couple of errors then started up and i had to go thru setup of market and all vodafone stuff was completley gone. Seems fine, weird how everything is gone tho

Guest dragpyre

from what ive read on here, peopl are saying u cant downgrade, the B888 upgrade changes the partition sizes or something...which some(& me) are speculating could be for the reported ICS update they say about

I've successfully flashed back from B888 to B882. bricked my phone whilst doing it, but then unbricked it and now running B882 again!

Guest BLaZiNgSPEED

phone isnt rooted and was basically out of the box, did the official update 2 B885. All was fine then i installed Dolphin Hd and it froze. Pulled the battery and on restart it said a couple of errors then started up and i had to go thru setup of market and all vodafone stuff was completley gone. Seems fine, weird how everything is gone tho

You applied B885 Asura Vodafone version? Are you sure the vodafone stuff were completely gone? In my case when I installed the official B885 Asura Vodafone update from the phone using WiFi all the Vodafone bloatware was still there.

I don't know how pulling the battery and restarting it could get rid of the vodafone stuff. :P

Guest FrankieADZ

I've successfully flashed back from B888 to B882. bricked my phone whilst doing it, but then unbricked it and now running B882 again!

how did u do that?

Guest dragpyre

how did u do that?

Installed CWM via fastboot, booted into it, removed SD card, wiped ALL partitions, rebooted back into CWM, reinserted SD card with B882 stock ROM on it, flashed zip from SD card, rebooted and all done :)!

Guest Frankish

Yeah you can flash stock system files stock boot.img etc I knew that much as I've done it too. Its not a full downgrade but as close as were going to get.

Guest jezwelshmun

You applied B885 Asura Vodafone version? Are you sure the vodafone stuff were completely gone? In my case when I installed the official B885 Asura Vodafone update from the phone using WiFi all the Vodafone bloatware was still there.

I don't know how pulling the battery and restarting it could get rid of the vodafone stuff. :P

Guest jezwelshmun

yeh mate, all vodafone stuff completley gone. after it froze i had error screen about mounting sd card and data then had to reinstall and update loads of things, googlemarket, maps, search etc. dunno wtf happened

I have updated to B885 this morning only my volume has not increased one bit ?

In about phone it says B885 so update was successful.

Maybe I am too used to my dolby sound on skate,but it just seems so low still.

edit: Ok after a reboot it seems to be louder,very impressive device for the money :D

Edited by Guest