Possible port WP7 to Skate?

Guest gollobo

Guest gollobo

Hi!

Last night I saw on the internet the ZTE Tania and looks extremely like the ZTE Skate, at least the outside:

zte-tania-wp-mango-1.jpg

And i think maybe the hardware would be similar enough to do a port of the WP7 to the ZTE Skate...

Sorry for my bad english :P

Guest gollobo

Thanks for the answer, i'm a very new Android user... :(

And thanks for your work Tilal6991!! I have the ColdFusionX on my Skate and work so great!!

Guest utternoob

WP7 needs at least a 1ghz processor for it to work, and a lot of other things besides which the skate doesn't have. I might be getting the Tania myself, not sure yet

Guest razzmataz1478

WP7 needs at least a 1ghz processor for it to work, and a lot of other things besides which the skate doesn't have. I might be getting the Tania myself, not sure yet

Mango allows less powerful processors, like in the Lumia 610

Guest Redstarr1

Mango allows less powerful processors, like in the Lumia 610

That's Tango actually. But the cheap Tango Windows Phones will have the same Qualcomm msm7227a soc, which is quite the same as the one in the Skate.

But Windows Phone is such a locked-up environment, I don't think anyone will get it running on a phone not made for it. And just one detail: Windows Phone doesn't support microSD-cards. You won't get anywhere with just 512mb ram.

Guest razzmataz1478

That's Tango actually. But the cheap Tango Windows Phones will have the same Qualcomm msm7227a soc, which is quite the same as the one in the Skate.

But Windows Phone is such a locked-up environment, I don't think anyone will get it running on a phone not made for it. And just one detail: Windows Phone doesn't support microSD-cards. You won't get anywhere with just 512mb ram.

Tango, Mango mehhh

MSM7227a is arm 7 and is not the same as msm7227 which is what we have in the Skate and is arm6.

There's been a lot of confusion over at the G300 forums about that lol

Guest Redstarr1

MSM7227a is arm 7 and is not the same as msm7227 which is what we have in the Skate and is arm6.

Tango, Mango mehhh

There's been a lot of confusion over at the G300 forums about that lol

Yeah I'm confused too.. Thought that 7227a was just a higher clocked 7227 (1GHz)... But did some searching and tilal is right. So it's an armv7 chip. Makes it even more impossible. Meh why do they make it so complicated. Qualcomm is trying to simplify their lineup with the S-numbers (msm7227a is S1, a soc with Krait core would be S4), so why name 2 soc's practically the same when they're based on a different architecture... So doesn't the Skate Acqua also have a msm7227a?

And about Tango and Mango, yeah it's both WP7.5, so if Microsoft doesn't bother adding a number, the difference isn't big :P. Aside from the lower hardware requirements.

Guest jcmyall

But Windows Phone is such a locked-up environment, I don't think anyone will get it running on a phone not made for it.

The HD2 would like to show you otherwise.

Edited by jcmyall

Guest razzmataz1478

That is true, but there were significant holes in the version of Android

And going from android to a closed source operating system is a totally different ball game.

Guest Redstarr1

The HD2 would like to show you otherwise.

That was the other way around, Android is open-source. And I was talking about Windows Phone, meaning WP7 and up. Windows Mobile (WM6.5 for example) was much more open and "hackable".

Guest jcmyall

That was the other way around, Android is open-source. And I was talking about Windows Phone, meaning WP7 and up. Windows Mobile (WM6.5 for example) was much more open and "hackable".

The point is the HD2 can run WM6.5, Android (any version Froyo+), WP7, Meego, Ubuntu, Windows 95, 98 and XP.

It doesn't meet the requirements for WP7 to run (Too many buttons, of all things) yet it still runs it. I've even heard it runs better than the WP7 devices with 1GHz processors!

Now if only my HD7 was just as capable. :(