• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Gr1 B888 - Huawei G300 Stock ROM DUO [Deodexed-Updated-Optimised]

79 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Did you do a full wipe in CWM before running the .zip?

u dont install B888 via CWM, you do it via the huawei install method.

Posted · Report post

B888 here and there is no Vodafone crapware. I am unrooted on stock recovery.

Posted · Report post

u dont install B888 via CWM, you do it via the huawei install method.

The DUO one is done with CWM, and given what thread this is, I assume that's what he's talking about.

Posted · Report post

The DUO one is done with CWM, and given what thread this is, I assume that's what he's talking about.

yeah, if hes one about Pauls ROM then ur correct :)

my mistake

Posted · Report post

Nice Rom - working well so far. Noticed one odd thing with it is that the English selected is Slovakian English (That's got to be an error surely?). Haven't noticed

any craziness in the spellchecking though so it may just be a bug in the system. Anybody else got that?

Posted · Report post

Works awesome.

Posted · Report post

Awesome. Can I just flash this over my stock B885, and then restore a backup without worrying about changed partitions?

In theory!

P

@ Paul O'Brien

Hi, Paul

Am I wrong in thinking that your build of the B888, doesn't change the partition like the Demo one does? To my limited knowledge, that's what it seems like you are saying above; or do I have that all wrong?

So, in theory, I could flash your Gr1 B888, and the partitions in my phone would be changed back to their original sizes, thus making it possible to re-flash a stock Vodafone rom if needed?

Thanks for your time,

Bill

Posted · Report post

Thank you paul,the rom is as expected for a modaco rom :D

Posted · Report post

@ Paul O'Brien

Hi, Paul

Am I wrong in thinking that your build of the B888, doesn't change the partition like the Demo one does? To my limited knowledge, that's what it seems like you are saying above; or do I have that all wrong?

So, in theory, I could flash your Gr1 B888, and the partitions in my phone would be changed back to their original sizes, thus making it possible to re-flash a stock Vodafone rom if needed?

Thanks for your time,

Bill

No, I'm afraid I don't think it works like that. If it is just a flashable ROM then it is not going actively do anything with the partition layout. For that you would need a TPT (Total Phone Transfer) or an update file of the same style b888 used. Happy to be corrected if I am wrong, though.

Posted · Report post

No, I'm afraid I don't think it works like that. If it is just a flashable ROM then it is not going actively do anything with the partition layout. For that you would need a TPT (Total Phone Transfer) or an update file of the same style b888 used. Happy to be corrected if I am wrong, though.

You are correct,only a TPT can effect partitions.

Posted (edited) · Report post

@Paul,

I am starting to do a theme for your rom but I am having trouble with UOT ?

Ics theme,just a taste before we get some real ICS :)

UOT-error-log.txt

Edited by jikobutsu

Posted (edited) · Report post

thanks... thought it might be a bit of long shot. I'm sure people on here are saying that the update did change partitions, so only another one like it, or a TPT would change them back? I'm not overly concerned, at this point, as the phone has been great so far. No signs that I'll ever need a warranty, but you never know.

Ta

PS: so, can Paul's be flashed on top of the Demo B888?? Or, would there be trouble if you did?

I think Bumps asked if anyone tried it yet but I don't think anyone's replied?

Edited by eirlysbill1

Posted · Report post

Anyone else getting wifi problems here?

I reset my router,but wifi drops all the time even when sat at computer right next to it.

Posted · Report post

Anyone else getting wifi problems here?

I reset my router,but wifi drops all the time even when sat at computer right next to it.

Not for me. WiFi has been solid as a rock over the past few days.

Posted · Report post

Not for me. WiFi has been solid as a rock over the past few days.

Ok thanks,maybe my provider is having problem.Its no big deal as I dont use wifi,it was just till my unlock code arrived.

Posted · Report post

WiFi OK here!

No this doesn't change partitions... and can be flashed over stock B888 no problem. :)

P

Posted · Report post

nice cheers paul :)

When can we expect to see rom kitchen?

Just bought my G300 and dont know if to install this and then wait or if rom kitchen is just around the corner ill hold on a few days :)

Many thanks!

Posted · Report post

By the weekend! ;)

P

Posted · Report post

By the weekend! ;)

P

cheers paul, ill defo hold off then :D

Posted · Report post

WiFi OK here!

No this doesn't change partitions... and can be flashed over stock B888 no problem. :)

P

Thanks mate

Posted · Report post

Many thanks, I'm looking forward to having both my device and this ROM shortly!

Posted · Report post

If you still have the vodafone apps then you need to go into CWM recovery and format the /cust partition to clear these out.

Posted · Report post

*crosses fingers for a kitchen today* :)

Posted · Report post

Nice ROm, anyway, is it possible to revert back to default android lock screen? :)

Posted · Report post

Yes just delete/uninstall potterUnlock.apkand reboot.