Sign in to follow this  
kyan31

Will I lose root?

kyan31    2,002

I want to update to the new B885 rom but my phone is rooted. Will i lose root and have to install it again? Also, if i do lose my root, can i install it using the same method as before even though the phone has been updated/fixed? I used Paul's method for the root.

dragpyre    23

I want to update to the new B885 rom but my phone is rooted. Will i lose root and have to install it again? Also, if i do lose my root, can i install it using the same method as before even though the phone has been updated/fixed? I used Paul's method for the root.

I would imagine you would with the official update, however, yes, it has been confirmed that Paul's method still works.

kyan31    2,002

I would imagine you would with the official update, however, yes, it has been confirmed that Paul's method still works.

Thanks for the reply, Though i can confirm that you don't lose root. Its not really an update, i an extension on the OS so everything is still the same except the fix.

dragpyre    23

Thanks for the reply, Though i can confirm that you don't lose root. Its not really an update, i an extension on the OS so everything is still the same except the fix.

Ahh right, I have B888, so it is no issue for me :)