Market issues

Guest maritimesbob

Guest maritimesbob

I appreciate this is a common issue running non-stock roms etc, but is there a work-a-round for these phones so that certain apps will display once again on the Market? I tried to install the Natwest app, but it has vanished from the Market since I updated to 866.

Thanks.

Guest maritimesbob

Doesn't appear to like 886. Tried going direct to the play website and installing it, it says "this device is not compatible...........".

Guest goodfella123

Someone more clued-up will come along and advise, but i think it's more a case of whether or not you're rooted rather than which rom you use.

It is possible to update to B888 etc without rooting by following the guide in the download.

Guest RussellS

Someone more clued-up will come along and advise, but i think it's more a case of whether or not you're rooted rather than which rom you use.

It is possible to update to B888 etc without rooting by following the guide in the download.

Ah, maybe that's it then. I'm on B888 but I'm not rooted.

Since installing B886 (not rooted) I've been unable to restore any of my ‘paid for’ apps from Google Play. I emailed them and they said:

It appears that this issue is related to the fact that you’re not using the authorized ROM that came with your device. I recommend using the authorized Android OS system provided by your manufacturer. The reason you’re not able to see ‘paid for’ apps on your device is because they are copy protected. Copy protection is a feature that the app’s developer can enable to prevent users from pirating the app. To access protected apps the version of the Android OS running on a device must be a version approved by Google.

I think that’s a load of tosh because my other device is an Orange San Francisco / ZTE Blade. The ‘approved’ version for it is v2.1. I’ve rooted it and installed a number of custom ROM’s since I’ve had it, and it’s currently running v2.3.5. With each upgrade I’ve still been able to access (download/restore) protected apps. I emailed this info to them but I’ve heard nothing else from them!

Guest Sebastian404

just consider for a moment what your doing... you have a rooted device, so the permissions are a lot more 'free and open' than a stock device.. while no device is 100% secure using a rooted device removed a lot of the 'protection' you have from other unscrupulous app, and ROM developers for that matter..

And then you want to run a banking application on your device... that place where you keep all your money...

I don't know about you, I like money.. I can buy pretty things with it, and hookers...

Will rooting a device sort the "this device is not compatible ...." message from Google Play when trying to re-install 'paid for' apps?