• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Updating CWM v4.0.1.4 to 5.5.0.4

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi

OMC

CWM Recovery v4.0.1.4

Ice Armor III

Trying to update to CWM v5.5.0.4

Tried using Wacky.ddw's guide

Part 2c) Updating or changing clockworkmod

This is the easiest way to update clockworkmod if your allready on a custom ROM, or on rooted stock firmware. If you are not, then please read part 2a or part 2b first.

Download "Terminal emulator" from the market: LINK

Download on of the packages from the download section of this tutorial, and copy the recovery.img to the root of your SDcard. (Or any other skate compatible recovery)

Open the "Terminal emulator" app and type this without the " " signs:

"su"

"flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img"

It should say writing to block xxxxxxx, but sometimes it only shows a square. In my expirience if it doesnt give a error your good to go. Reboot into recovery and see if it worked.

Got error.. Tried it a few times.

I've noticed in CWM Recovery v4.0.1.4 that there is an apply update option and that asks for an update.zip. Any idea where I could get that?

Thanks guys.

Posted

Which image file did you use? I don't see any at the end of Wacky's guide. Also, what's wrong with CWM 4.0.1.x? I don't really see why you would upgrade.

Posted

Just thought it would be good to have the most recent one. Bought my phone used and ur came with it.

I downloaded the file from near the top of his post near the top under the table of contents. Just tried the.link today and the download is not at the link anymore.

Posted

Okay I figured out what's wrong, been a long time since I first installed CWM. The package you downloaded is to install clockworkmod using Windows. You should follow Wacky's guide in part 2b, not 2c. The file to install CWM you're interested in is "0_install_CWM_recovery.bat". You should just run that when you're ready There is a readme file in the zip you downloaded that you could use as a guide as well, but Wacky's guide is more elaborate.

If you want do this, be aware that:

- You should have installed the adb-drivers first (all of that is in Wacky's guide)

- You will probably have to install a new rom, so backups could be handy

CWM 4 works just as good, but if you really want the latest version, here you go :).

Posted

Latest clockworkmod doesn't mount sd card

In other words it's not worth it

Posted

Sounds like I should just leave it then?

Posted

Yup

Posted

Sweet thanks man