• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Got questions on the Orange San Diego? #askmodaco

64 posts in this topic

Posted

To cut a micro sim you might as well just buy a microsim cutter off eBay for 50p

Posted

Why pay 50p and wait for it to be delivered when scissors do the job perfectly and are present in almost every home? :)

Posted

Yeah but its more risky that you'll cut too much off...

Posted

Does Minecraft work?

Posted

Well I got one, might as well join the party, I think mtman1 has the right idea, I'm rubbish at manual dexterity these days.

Im not sure how A&TT are going to take all the forigen devices showing up on thier network, I'm sure thy already have me down as a terrorist or worse.

Posted

It's impossible to screw it up but ok :P Even if you cut a little too much off it's still ok as long as you don't cut the contacts.

Posted

I used a SIM cutting tool. Don't trust myself with scissors / knife not to ruin it. :D

P

Posted

OK question.....

I have a san diego and love it im a everyday user nother special as have android tablet for most stuff.

I tried NFC with my girlfriends Galaxy S3, I cant send stuff, she can send to me but I cant accept, nothing comes up on screen but her phone says it sent it.

Am i missing something, I will probably rarely use this NFC but I'd like to know it works though.

For those who ask Im a texter, can rack up 300 messages a day between me and partner (thats counting mine AND hers) with a few photos and little bit online check my gmail. I get roughly 2 days battery life. Between 45 and 52 hours with screen timeout set to 1 minute.

Posted (edited)

Does Minecraft work?

No and what a shame. As I own it too...

And not even splashtop :-(

Edited by Patrick73

Posted

I'm an app developer considering getting the San Diego. Is it easy to connect the phone to Eclipse for testing/debugging my apps? Are there drivers to download, or will it just work, or will it require a bit of working-around (don't want to do anything to void the warranty)?

Posted

Here's a link for the drivers:

http://software.inte...ice-usb-driver/

They should be good for connecting the phone for testing/debugging :D

Sweet, cheers :D Will probably get this phone then!

Posted

hi, :D

i'm typing like a snail :wacko: (really sorry for my bad english)

i know i'm became like newbie,noobs(translation was'n't get)

how can i save my original rom of my orange intel inside(it's called lik e that in france) ....before i break it. :o

have tryed to talk to ...with adb ....he answer to me ...(great i'm geek) :) ....really haven't all the good arguments ..... and to push apk inside like superuser OK ... still not work (not rooted)after reboot...and all free apps that i

download where not good (busibox can't be installed on this phone) :(

so, i still want to have permissions on this(my) phone.... :)

like to remove the orange apps non-needed... :angry2: (because in france there no site where you can get any information about hacking this phone).

after i understand, how to save rom

...i will try to xolo update.zip...

but...i will lose...unknow things. :blush: ...did you think so?

if you have (in stock) a piece of advice for me,tha's great :D ....

domi

Posted

hi, :D

i'm typing like a snail :wacko: (really sorry for my bad english)

i know i'm became like newbie,noobs(translation was'n't get)

how can i save my original rom of my orange intel inside(it's called lik e that in france) ....before i break it. :o

have tryed to talk to ...with adb ....he answer to me ...(great i'm geek) :) ....really haven't all the good arguments ..... and to push apk inside like superuser OK ... still not work (not rooted)after reboot...and all free apps that i

download where not good (busibox can't be installed on this phone) :(

so, i still want to have permissions on this(my) phone.... :)

like to remove the orange apps non-needed... :angry2: (because in france there no site where you can get any information about hacking this phone).

after i understand, how to save rom

...i will try to xolo update.zip...

but...i will lose...unknow things. :blush: ...did you think so?

if you have (in stock) a piece of advice for me,tha's great :D ....

domi

DO NOT FLASH xolo rom......there is no way back to original orange firmware yet,

unless there is updates on orange website !