[GUIDE][DEV]Compiling CM9/10/10.1 for ZTE Skate

Guest razzmataz1478

Guest zukriaksah

Yes. You need to decompile framework-res and adjust skate related parameters in xml files under values and xml directories

Use framework-res from working ICS rom as a base for config values.

And check your mic during call - this is often problem when porting ICS roms. Other side can't hear you.

This requires config changes in Phone.apk. Again you must decompile and change values.

i hv decompiled framework-res.apk but i dont know what to do... hahaha!!!!

no mic problem when porting from blade, optimus one or ace, but u'll get the problem when porting from other device.

remember i've asked u all here regarding this mic problem when i managed to port lezo v4.0 to our device. actually i solved it (i mean people at the other side can hear us) by replacing both phone.apk & telephonyprovider.apk from cm9, but i faced another problem, dialer crash!

What's so difficult on decompiling framework-res from working ics rom and ported rom and comparing the configuration values? :)

No offense but this is the elementary knowledge everyone who want to port roms must be familiar with. :)

I can't remember which values exactly and have not time to check at this moment. Maybe later.

in res/values/arrays.xml check and adjust the following variables

<string-array name="config_tether_usb_regexs">

<item>usb0</item>

</string-array>

<string-array name="config_tether_bluetooth_regexs">

<item>bnep\\d</item>

</string-array>

in res/values/strings.xml check and adjust
<string name="config_legacyUmsLunFile">/sys/devices/platform/msm_hsusb/gadget/lun0/file</string>

Also check res/xml/power_profile.xml and res/xml/storage_list.xml

You can compare them with my github @ https://github.com/C...se/core/res/res

Config for Phone.apk is here: https://github.com/C3C0/android_device_zte_skate/blob/ics/overlay/packages/apps/Phone/res/values/config.xml

Edited by C3C0

Guest zukriaksah

i hv changed framework-res accordingly, but still usb mass storage not working. im now using miui 2.8.31 snapseries from zackconsole lg optimus one. or do i need to make fresh install to make it working? i just wipe cache & dalvik since i was coming from miui 2.7.20 (re-ported from miuiportugal blade version).

Hard to say. Are you sure you have recompiled the framewrok-res correctly? You can check this by decompiling your modified framework-res.

You should see your changed values. I also recommend using logcat to track mass storage error. This can give you further hints.

Edited by C3C0

• 3 weeks later...
Guest zukriaksah

c3c0, i managed to fix usb mass storage using yr guide for my ShenduOS 2.0.3 ICS 4.0.4, big credit to you :-) should i release it? this rom will become my daily rom now, just one more bug left, 4-way reboot not working, whatever option u choose even reboot recovery, it will boot yr phone normally to system

post-941987-0-59409600-1349335294_thumb.

Edited by zukriaksah

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Mazrim Taim

Hi razz, what do i have to change in order to do that for a Huawei g300?

Also, what differences are between that and compiling for paranoid android?

Thanks! Great work

Edited by Mazrim Taim

Guest Mazrim Taim
Hi razz, what do i have to change in order to do that for a Huawei g300?

Also, what differences are between that and compiling for paranoid android?

Thanks! Great work

No one?

Guest razzmataz1478

Thanks! :-)

to repo init:

repo init -u git://github.com/ParanoidAndroid/android.git -b jellybean
Right. Delete all projects in local manifest and copy these <project name="Dazzozo/android_device_huawei_u8815" path="device/huawei/u8815" /> <project name="Dazzozo/proprietary_vendor_huawei" path="vendor/huawei" /> <project name="Dazzozo/android_kernel_huawei_u8815" path="kernel/huawei/u8815" /> Then repo sync. To compile, I think you would do
. rom-build.sh u8815

Guest Mazrim Taim

to repo init:

repo init -u git://github.com/ParanoidAndroid/android.git -b jellybean
Right. Delete all projects in local manifest and copy these <project name="Dazzozo/android_device_huawei_u8815" path="device/huawei/u8815" /> <project name="Dazzozo/proprietary_vendor_huawei" path="vendor/huawei" /> <project name="Dazzozo/android_kernel_huawei_u8815" path="kernel/huawei/u8815" /> Then repo sync. To compile, I think you would do
. rom-build.sh u8815

Thanks! I'll try it soon :-)