What GPS app/s do you use?

Guest Josh92

Guest Josh92

Hi all,

So I've only ever used the stock Google Navigation app then heard about NavFree which I've downloaded but not used yet, I've since found a host of options many of which seem to have promising reviews, what do you use if any? Would be nice to collate some views from fellow Skate users.

Edited by Josh92

Guest siddis

I use Sygic in offline mode.. I was deleted the useless files until the size ~ 250 MB on SD ( plus ~ 25MB on phone memory), but this size contains five countries and two voices.. To me perfectly..

Guest Josh92

I use Sygic in offline mode.. I was deleted the useless files until the size ~ 250 MB on SD ( plus ~ 25MB on phone memory), but this size contains five countries and two voices.. To me perfectly..

Cool, that, NavFree and Waze are seeming to appeal to me at the moment, Googles new unveiling will be interesting too. Edited by Josh92

Guest simicsl

iGO My Way is I think most widely used turn by turn navigation software on Android but also other mobile devices and PNA devices and you missed it. :)

Not everything that have " i " in front of their name is in connection with iPhone or Apple .

Guest Josh92

iGO My Way is I think most widely used turn by turn navigation software on Android but also other mobile devices and PNA devices and you missed it. :)

Not everything that have " i " in front of their name is in connection with iPhone or Apple .

I am fully aware of that... <_<

Doesn't show on Play Store & this is from their website:

"Please be aware that you cannot purchase and download the iGO My way application for Android to your mobile phone.

This iGO My way navigation solution for Android is available to our business clients only"

Basically, no, it's not on Android as far as I'm concerned and I'd be amazed if it's the 'most widely used'.

fyi, I didn't format the bold, that's direct from the site.

Edited by Josh92

Guest simicsl

well, try to put it into poll and I'm sure you would be amazed :)

If we want to split hair, then your poll question should be

"Which officially available and completely legal software and maps you use?"

I am pretty sure that iGO is most used navigation software especialy on Android but I don't want to debate on it...

just notice that you missed one and if you put it on poll maybe you'll see

Guest siddis

In this case i ask the local peoples "where in the f...k i am.?" :wacko:

Edited by siddis

Guest Redstarr1

Waze is pretty good, my dad uses it to dodge traffic jams and speeding cameras. It's navigation is pretty basic though, I wouldn't use it to drive somewhere I don't know my way. But it's good if you use it if you have to do a lot of miles on the same roads.

In Belgium the Skate was sold with Navteq navigation software (for Benelux only), I use that. Really turns my phone in a TomTom-like device. Since Navteq wasn't on the list I voted Navigon because those companies are very related. It's the same maps, basically Navteq is Navigon but with a blue interface.

I am pretty sure that iGO is most used navigation software especialy on Android but I don't want to debate on it...

You make it seem like all Android-users have warez on their phones...

Edited by Redstarr1

Guest Josh92

Okay fine I'll add it :P

Waze is pretty good, my dad uses it to dodge traffic jams and speeding cameras. It's navigation is pretty basic though, I wouldn't use it to drive somewhere I don't know my way. But it's good if you use it if you have to do a lot of miles on the same roads.

In Belgium the Skate was sold with Navteq navigation software (for Benelux only), I use that. Really turns my phone in a TomTom-like device. Since Navteq wasn't on the list I voted Navigon because those companies are very related. It's the same maps, basically Navteq is Navigon but with a blue interface.

You make it seem like all Android-users have warez on their phones...

Precisely, okay cool, gave NavFree a go today which seems to work pretty well, voice commands 1000 times better than Gmaps, still prefer Gmaps in some areas though.