MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

CM7 Interest?

97 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I know most of us are looking forward to Official ICS, CM9 etc but is there anyone that has great interest in a CM7 port? Chances are it would be stable pretty quick whereas CM9 will definitely take some time, from experience with previous devices camera and bluetooth cause lots of problems.

I know a few people have already voiced interest so far so discuss/vote.

Posted · Report post

A resounding yes here :)

Posted · Report post

100% think cm7 is good idea,as you said Frankish it is stable and ready to use.And in my opinion it is still a great rom,and I think until ics/cm9 is stable everyone here will be happy to use it.

So the next question,who is going to compile it for g300 ?

Posted · Report post

Well if a stable CM7 is more important to people I'll have a stab at it.

Posted · Report post

Definitely want cm7. It's going to be a nightmare to port cm9 and will be much easier when huewai release ics for this so I'd wait.

Posted · Report post

It's a great solid option, ICS will be lovely in the end but CM7 so much nicer than stock in the mean time.

Posted · Report post

What will CM7 give us that the stock B888 doesn't. Please don't think I'm being negetive here because I'm not. I've got CM7 on my Blade which was great but that was because there wasn't an official Gingerbread release. But I'm just curious what CM7 will bring to the G300 party.

Posted · Report post

As you know from having cm7 on blade it is the extra features that cm7 brings,no need to list them as you already know.
Cm7 does not bring any great advantage over stock roms,and in general,stock roms are better,but if you love the theme engine,and all the other features in cm7 and the general hackability of the rom,then there are advantages over stock.

Posted · Report post

I think that's a valid question, but I've never used CM7 before. So, I'd like to add another question to go with yours: how does B888 with Tillaz's mod compare to CM7?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='jikobutsu' timestamp='1339537474' post='1970404']
As you know from having cm7 on blade it is the extra features that cm7 brings,no need to list them as you already know.
Cm7 does not bring any great advantage over stock roms,and in general,stock roms are better,but if you love the theme engine,and all the other features in cm7 and the general hackability of the rom,then there are advantages over stock.
[/quote]
To be honest with you I've never really played with the theme engine in CM7. On the Blade I just installed CM7 and left it at that apart from replacing the CM7 launcher with LauncherPro.

Perhaps now that my Blade has been replaced with the G300 as an everyday phone I will have a play with the CM7 on the Blade and explore the possibilities.

Posted · Report post

There are plenty of features hidden away in cm7 :D

Lockscreen music controls,change track with long press of volume key,disable lockscreen if you wish,init.d for scripts,change app permissions from within settings,dsp manager,statusbar softkeys,move statusbar to bottom of screen,and many more that I cannot remember as it has been a while since I had cm7 loaded up.
One thing I do remember is cm7 had low volume and camera quality issues,dont know if those problems where ironed out though?

Posted · Report post

My head is saying yes and my heart is saying no after trying the ligux rom. If ril was fixed, I would use it daily without a second thought so my wish is for a collaboration between omegamoon, tilal and the ligux team, what a team up that would be.
3.0 kernel and Ics is my kinda dessert.

Posted · Report post

honestly not that fussed at this point with 2.3.6. offical ROMs + the mod pack, for most users that's enough, and since ICS/CM9 is coming i can't see many using CM7!

Posted (edited) · Report post

[quote name='jikobutsu' timestamp='1339539225' post='1970419']
There are plenty of features hidden away in cm7 :D

Lockscreen music controls,change track with long press of volume key,disable lockscreen if you wish,init.d for scripts,change app permissions from within settings,dsp manager,statusbar softkeys,move statusbar to bottom of screen,and many more that I cannot remember as it has been a while since I had cm7 loaded up.
One thing I do remember is cm7 had low volume and camera quality issues,dont know if those problems where ironed out though?
[/quote]
I didn't know about any of those features. :blush:

Looks like I need to go and have a play. Edited by RussellS

Posted · Report post

I'd like to see cm7 for the g300, seeing as the cm7 branch will be open indefinitely it would be nice for device to join the official releases.

Posted · Report post

I used CM7 on he skate for a while but ended up sticking with Atomicmod purely for personal preference. As for CM7 on the G300 its a definite yes from me. from a none developers point the more choice of rom for the user can only be a good thing.

i realise the more choice makes it more of a pain for developers and i think they all do a great job for us less techy users. thanks for all your hard work guys.

ian

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Smiff2' timestamp='1339540636' post='1970430']
honestly not that fussed at this point with 2.3.6. offical ROMs + the mod pack, for most users that's enough, and since ICS/CM9 is coming i can't see many using CM7!
[/quote]
Thats my view too, battery was never good for me on the Skate with CM7.

Posted · Report post

Definitely a yes from this corner

Posted · Report post

I'd love to see CM& come to the G300, just the amount of customisations within the ROM is brilliant.
please can we have cm7?....I've been good....sort of ;) lol

Posted · Report post

CM7 on the G300 would be much better than an official ICS imho. There are a few things in Huawei's rom that are starting to irritate me ie the little pop-up that tells me it will cost me if I connect from my wifi, and the stupid screen rotation animation (even though I've turned animations off in the settings).

Missing a few features from CM such as being able to change the brightness using the status bar.

+1 for a stable CM7 (although CM9 would be awesome!)

Posted · Report post

[quote name='buddn07' timestamp='1339575683' post='1970555']
There are a few things in Huawei's rom that are starting to irritate me ie the little pop-up that tells me it will cost me if I connect from my wifi,
[/quote]
Yeah, I must admit that annoys the hell out of me as well. To be fair though, that is the only thing I don't like about the Huawei rom.

Posted · Report post

I have one thing that really annoys me with the huawei roms and that is the screen rotate :angry2: I will explain what I mean.
When you are finished in an app,say browser in landscape mode,and go to another app,rotating to portrait mode,the screen appears in landscape before rotating to portrait.Why it does this I do not know,but I suspect it has something to do with that silly bouncy rotate in stock browser.

Posted (edited) · Report post

[quote name='jikobutsu' timestamp='1339577407' post='1970558']
I have one thing that really annoys me with the huawei roms and that is the screen rotate :angry2: I will explain what I mean.
When you are finished in an app,say browser in landscape mode,and go to another app,rotating to portrait mode,the screen appears in landscape before rotating to portrait.Why it does this I do not know,but I suspect it has something to do with that silly bouncy rotate in stock browser.
[/quote]
I hadn't noticed that behavior so I've just tried it and you are right, it does. However, I've also just tried it on CM7 and it does the same thing.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean. Edited by RussellS

Posted · Report post

[quote name='RussellS' timestamp='1339581496' post='1970579']
I hadn't noticed that behavior so I've just tried it and you are right, it does. However, I've also just tried it on CM7 and it does the same thing.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean.
[/quote]

I have not had this on any other device.
Maybe I explain it wrong,or maybe all androids have this and I just never noticed,I try explain a little different.

So lets say you are browsing the web in landscape mode,you then hit home button to return to desktop,now load up another app in portrait mode,and it opens in landscape before entering portrait as it should have done as soon as app opened.It does not always do it,but most times.

Posted · Report post

Sorry, my fault, I did misunderstand you.

You are quite right, the Huawei rom does do this whereas CM7 does not. The only thing I did notice is that on CM7 when you quit out of the browser the desktop is in landscape mode so as soon as you rotate the phone back to portrait mode the desktop rotates accordingly. However with the Huawei rom the desktop does not seem to be able to rotate so it is not getting the chance to rotate back to portrait until another app is loaded that does have the ability to rotate.

Just an thought.