Sony Xperia U Bootloader = NO

Guest riverskin

• 1 month later...
Guest riverskin

Until now is not possible to bypass the bootloader (locked), maybe one day will be possible to root with another way.

I think android is falling ...

I'm android user for some time.

At the beginning, cheaper the equipment was more developers had. Now ... perhaps the war between iPhone and Android brought down the whole concept.

I bought Sony Xperia U thinking that it was everything be a success. Cheap and good hardware. But Sony Xperia S has all the attention... was released sooner, perhaps that's why.

Devs are waiting for Sony to release ICS. Nobody wants a custom GB rom when the official ICS is just around the corner. Sony kernel sources are needed to build custom ICS/JB rom.

Guest riverskin

Ok it´s seems logical, but for example ZTE Blade have always custom rom first.

The official ICS will be release for "xperia u" when it should be released the Jelly Bean, its seams that Sony is sleeping.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dragpyre

I think we have to wait more two months for ICS.

Xperia U ICS has been promised for the middle of September, a few weeks after ICS for the Xperia P.

Stop being so negative.

Guest riverskin

i am not negative, many people say's that will be "in a few weeks" (after xperia S) but the information by Sony is fourth quarter, so... means that will be between October and December, i belive in October, so.. i am positive.

But as i say previously, i think It should be the Jelly Bean not the ICS.

It is a fact that u never had ICS in September, Sony always fulfills their schedule... In this field they are good

Edited by riverskin

• 3 months later...