'My Xbox Live' comes to Android

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Microsoft have released their 'My Xbox Live' application, previously only available on Windows Phone and iOS, for Android.

The application, which is a little light on features compared to other platforms, includes the ability to...

• View, manage, and message friends
  • View and compare your achievement progress with friends
  • Read and Edit your full LIVE profile (name, bio, motto)
  • See your 3-D Avatar and customize it while on-the-go
  • Access your recent activity and manage your Beacons
  • Stay connected to the Xbox LIVE community via Spotlight

The free application requires an Xbox LIVE account to sign in and is available for most Android 2.2+ smartphones, with WGVA screen resolution or higher.

In use, it's very slick and has a decent amount of features for a first version. It feels a little strange though... the UI is extremely 'Windows Phone'y, but that aside the presentation (especially in the avatar customisation section) is top notch.

A sound first start Microsoft... :)

Grab it now from the Google Play Store.

screenshotsxbl.png

Click here to view the item

Guest razzmataz1478

You would have expected a new app to be in line with iOS though wouldn't you? This doesn't have any of the features that today's iOS update brings; XBOX Companion for example :(

Guest hecatae

ok installed looked around, bored now.

shame you cant schedule xbox demos and purchases from it, so that when your xbox is turned on, it immediately downloads them

Guest FC360

Says it requires WGVA screen resolution or higher but doesn't work on Smasung Galaxy 10.1? I thought the 10.1 had a higher res then WGVA

• 2 weeks later...
Guest YomanEndLine

Says it requires WGVA screen resolution or higher but doesn't work on Smasung Galaxy 10.1? I thought the 10.1 had a higher res then WGVA

True, I tried it too at firs on my Blade and then on a Tab 10.1 but AFTER installing it says it does not support my device... seems legit microsoft

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.