[ROM][GEN2/3][31.10.] CyanogenMod 9 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.0.4)

Guest KonstaT

This letters, i had this problem before on version without yt hq, then i used cm7,2, cyanscape, this new cm7.2 ics styled, aokp ics 7.0.0, and now i use back this cm9, and this letters are still there :|

they are not all the time, when i use it its normal, and then it suddenly change to it, in menu its the same, i dont know what it is. in my case, only reboot helps

anyone know?

post-980001-0-85421900-1351881116_thumb.

Hello,

I am having Idea ZTE Blade (256 MB RAM). Could anyone please let me know, what partition settings should I set in CWM for partitioning the SD card (4 GB size) so that this ROM will work smoothly?

What is the difference between EXT2 partition and SWAP Partition in CWM? Can I select both (EXT2 and SWAP) sizes other than zero during SD Card partitioning? What sizes I should select during partitioning the SD card (4 GB size) for smooth running this ROM?

Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Edited by anantk

Guest evilbrain

I have SS .. wanted to try this.. how easy it is to go back to SS if I find problems on this one? Restoring a Nan backup is enough?

I guess it's enough if you don't have to change your partition size

Guest cornelyus

I guess it's enough if you don't have to change your partition size

That's what i'm not sure of.. Is a partition size needed to install this rom, and then another partition size for the rollback to SS?

So.. Forgot to say.. yesterday tried CM 7 .. that's the rom I have now..

I have a Gen2 European Blade and the phone specs are like this now :

System : 160MB

Data : 294 MB

Cache : 2MB

Ext : 473 MB

Need to partition? or just flash com zip all the way?

Edited by cornelyus

This letters, i had this problem before on version without yt hq, then i used cm7,2, cyanscape, this new cm7.2 ics styled, aokp ics 7.0.0, and now i use back this cm9, and this letters are still there :|

they are not all the time, when i use it its normal, and then it suddenly change to it, in menu its the same, i dont know what it is. in my case, only reboot helps

anyone know?

I experienced this problem as well, I think its a bug in CM according to a quick google search.

Guest dreis911

That's what i'm not sure of.. Is a partition size needed to install this rom, and then another partition size for the rollback to SS?

So.. Forgot to say.. yesterday tried CM 7 .. that's the rom I have now..

I have a Gen2 European Blade and the phone specs are like this now :

System : 160MB

Cache : 2MB

Ext : 473 MB

Need to partition? or just flash com zip all the way?

I'm pretty sure you don't need to partition.

I'm running CM9 for a couple of months and it's all fine (except for absence of FM radio).

And TPT the mobile with the GEN1 to GEN2 from the 1st post and now I have:

System: 138MB Data: 316MB Cache: 2MB

So, my System is smaller and it's good, you should work fine with what you have.

Guest cornelyus

yes.. system and cache seem fine.. it's the smaller data that I'm not sure will be ok..

Thanks for your reply!

EDIT :

just installed "blade checker" and here's the result..

European Blade ( 512 RAM ) detected

TPT Upgraded Gen 2 Phone detected

Use Gen 1 style TPTs

Current partition sizes :

System : 160 MB

Cache : 2 MB

Edited by cornelyus

Guest Snap.IT
yes.. system and cache seem fine.. it's the smaller data that I'm not sure will be ok..

Thanks for your reply!

The data partition size doesn't matter when it comes to which ROM you're going to run.

It limits the amount of apps you can install but it's about the same regardless of which ROM you run.

Guest Implantman

I changed the overclock from 806 Mhz to 768, and it seems to fix it.

That's strange, because I used the same frequency on other roms and didn't notice any instability issues.

As well no problems here.

(Btw your sister has nice tits!)

Guest cornelyus

The data partition size doesn't matter when it comes to which ROM you're going to run.

It limits the amount of apps you can install but it's about the same regardless of which ROM you run.

So.. I saw on some other page someone with SS and the answer was :

You won't need to TPT as your system partition is by far large enough!

I would recommend doing a nandroid backup and then you just need to wipe data/factory reset (I also format /system but I don't think it's required) and then flash the zip file as normal like you did with SS

http://www.modaco.com/topic/355059-romgen233110-cyanogenmod-9-konstakang-android-404/page__st__40

So No TPT needed for me, I should just wipe everything and flash zip as normal like I did with SS?

Sorry for so many questions.. I flashed some roms a long time ago, and now I'm just trying to get a stable rom because with Moldovan and SS my phone was like 90% of the time awake..

Edited by cornelyus

Guest Snap.IT

So.. I saw on some other page someone with SS and the answer was :

You won't need to TPT as your system partition is by far large enough!

I would recommend doing a nandroid backup and then you just need to wipe data/factory reset (I also format /system but I don't think it's required) and then flash the zip file as normal like you did with SS

http://www.modaco.com/topic/355059-romgen233110-cyanogenmod-9-konstakang-android-404/page__st__40

So No TPT needed for me, I should just wipe everything and flash zip as normal like I did with SS?

Sorry for so many questions.. I flashed some roms a long time ago, and now I'm just trying to get a stable rom because with Moldovan and SS my phone was like 90% of the time awake..

If you're happy with the amount of apps you can install on your data partition then a wipe and install is all that is needed.

Guest James Norny

KonstaT, there is a big colour banding in the video player. When I watch videos on YouTube or other site I see the colour banding. I tried every possible option in settings/performance and it's still the same. I have surface dithering on, and it doesn't help. Can you do something to fix colour banding in the video player?

Guest aayushmystique

This ROM is a self-build from CyanogenMod 9 sources. It's trimmed down to fit more reasonable partition sizes (see 2nd post for TPTs). It can be considered as bleeding edge as it's built with latest CM9 repo synced, yet unmerged patches from CM gerrit and few additional features. This ROM is mainly for GEN2 devices (see 2nd post on how to update to GEN2) but there is a patch to add support for GEN3 devices (see 2nd post). This ROM is for advanced users only.

post-834050-0-42327900-1339763353_thumb. post-834050-0-79263300-1339763370_thumb. post-834050-0-28693200-1339763389_thumb.

cm-9-20121031-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire...7t1ua131atz770l

md5:fb64b09327c304ff25b934c00432a0da

Recommended gapps package:

• no facelock
  • no news & weather widget
  • no TTS
  • working voice search (2.1.4)

gapps-ics-medium-20120429-signed.zip
    http://www.mediafire...lgq5h4r12ca7n52
    md5:622c40820cd1706b0fe38889beab3e64

Features:
    • removed wallpapers, live wallpapers and some ringtones
    • removed bootanimation
    • removed text-to-speech (download from the play shop, Settings -> Language and input -> Text-to-speech output -> Pico TTS)
    • removed ROM manager (can be downloaded from the play shop)
    • removed video editor
    • removed apollo, stock ICS music player instead
    • removed few LatinIME dictionaries (da, hr, iw, ka)
    • transparent notification area
    • center clock on lockscreen
    • blue sms icon
    • silenced low battery sound
    • V889D market fingerprint
    • enabled option for low battery notification LED
    • enabled option for screen on animation
    • working barcode scanner
    • tweaked low battery warning levels (warning shown at 15% and 5%)
    • allow BACK key to reject incoming call

system size with medium gapps ~131mb

Added settings:
      • option to show/hide navigation bar (Settings -> System -> Show navigation bar)
      • option to disable boot animation for faster boot time (Settings -> Performance -> Disable boot animation)
      • link to this forum page (Settings -> About device -> KonstaKANG)
      • partition info (Settings -> Partition info, thanks to Squadzone)
      • options to hide items from power menu (Settings -> System -> Power menu)
      • option to use VOLUME UP as camera shutter button, press to focus - release to take the photo, start/stop video recording (Camera -> Settings -> Volume shutter)
      • option to exit to home screen after a call instead of call log (Phone -> Settings -> Exit to home screen, ported from AOKP)
      • option to center clock (Settings -> System -> Status bar -> Center clock, thanks to AOKP)
      • hot reboot dialog in show/hide navbar setting, shorter reboot time after enabling/disabling the soft keys (ported from AOKP)
      • option to change status bar transparency (Settings -> System -> Status bar -> Status bar transparency, thanks to AOKP)
      • MIUI-style battery bar (Settings -> System -> Status bar -> Battery status style -> Status bar, thanks to Spitemare)
      • option to hide alarm icon in status bar (Settings -> System -> Status bar -> Show alarm icon)
      • hot reboot option in power menu
      • volume key cursor control in framework, works with third party keyboards (Settings -> Language & input -> Volume key cursor control)
      • option for circle battery (Settings -> System -> Status bar -> Battery status style -> Circle)

Current gerrit patches:

[*]Volume adjust sound preference (1,2)

[*]Option to adjust navbar glow animation duration (1,2)

[*]Bottom statusbar (1,2)

[*]Brightness toast panel - dialog displayed showing brightness when using statusbar brightness control (1)

[*]Add option to disable camera shutter sound (1,2)

[*]Hardware key customisation settings (1,2)

[*]Mms: fixes battery drainage while receiving Mms with data connection off (1)

[*]Options to set the grid size in the app drawer. (1)

[*]I/O scheduler settings (1,2)

Known issues:

[*]FM radio

[*]Native wifi tethering - use an external app

[*]Occasional blank screen in gmail app (and facebook?)

Sources:

Device, Patches, Kernel, CyanogenMod 9 (github, gerrit)

Credits & gratitude:

Thanks to CyanogenMod Team & especially Tom Giordano

Thanks to wbaw for the TPT method

Thanks to Amphoras and cpg for the G2 TPT method

Greetings KonstaKANG....

I have follwed the instructions and have finally installed ICS 4.0 on my Dell Xcd35.

But it has various problems.

The setup asked me to install gapps after I intalled mod....but when it launched...what I see is---

There is-

1. NO File Manager.

2. NO Rom Manager.

3. Google Play is not working, so I can't even get it back....

4. I can't even roll back as it's not working.....and no Rom Manager.

In deep s***!! Plz help!! :( :( :(

Guest hemantaims

hi kosta kang,

thank you very much for this wonderful and fast battery optimized rom.. i m using as everyday rom. all is working fine. but i am not able to mount sd card. when i connect to pc it does not show usb connected in notification. so how can i mount sd card for trasfering files between pc and phone. help.

Guest Snap.IT

Greetings KonstaKANG....

I have follwed the instructions and have finally installed ICS 4.0 on my Dell Xcd35.

The setup asked me to install gapps after I intalled mod....but when it launched...what I see is---

There is-

1. NO File Manager.

2. NO Rom Manager.

Don't use ROM Manager, it is a source of MANY problems with flashing. Just reboot into recovery instead. Download the gapps package, reboot into recovery install zip from sdcard choose your gapps package, it will be in whatever folder you downloaded it into, yes to install and reboot.

You have to install gapps to have google play.

Now i'm sure no one is going to care about the advice against ROM Manager but at the very least learn how to use recovery, you'll need to know how it works once ROM Manager inevitably screws up your install.

Hello,

I am having Idea ZTE Blade (256 MB RAM). Could anyone please let me know, what partition settings should I set in CWM for partitioning the SD card (4 GB size) so that this ROM will work smoothly?

What is the difference between EXT2 partition and SWAP Partition in CWM? Can I select both (EXT2 and SWAP) sizes other than zero during SD Card partitioning? What sizes I should select during partitioning the SD card (4 GB size) for smooth running this ROM?

Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

I did the above thing by searching through the forum:

1. Partitioned the SD card with CWM with 512 EXT partition and 128 SWAP partition.

2. Use below script from Burstlam by copying to /system/etc/init.d/ directory, which enabled swap partition automatically on boot. (Thanks Burstlam and KonstaT)

==============================================================================================================================

#!/system/bin/sh

#BootSwapScript for V880

#burstlam@HIAPK

#Set swap at boot on most common partition layouts.

#Extra vm settings available

if [ -e /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 ];

then

swapon /dev/block/mmcblk0p3;

sysctl -w vm.swappiness=60;

fi;

================================================================================================================================

Make sure to give execute permission to the above script after copying using say ES File Manager.

3. Then use S2E from play store and enabled the EXT partion as per KonstaT's instructions below:

==================================================================================================================================

Just install S2E from the play shop. If the options are greyed out on the first time, go to S2E settings and tick 'Mount as ext4' and reboot. Tick the Applications and Private apps boxes, reboot and never worry about it again. This way a2sd script is stored where it's supposed to be (/data/local/userinit.d) and it's preserved during ROM updates.

==================================================================================================================================

Enabled the ZRAM setting. Everything is working perfectly. There is slight lag, but it's fine. Everything is running fantastic on ICS for 256 MB RAM Idea Blade.

Thanks KonstaT for all your efforts. Only thing which now remains non working is FM Radio on this ROM.

Edited by anantk

Guest bezerra

KonstaT, there is a big colour banding in the video player. When I watch videos on YouTube or other site I see the colour banding. I tried every possible option in settings/performance and it's still the same. I have surface dithering on, and it doesn't help. Can you do something to fix colour banding in the video player?

I only have this issue when i play videos on other apps that not youtube, in youtube hq is perfect here

Guest dreis911

Greetings KonstaKANG....

There is-

1. NO File Manager.

2. NO Rom Manager.

1. Install CWM

2. Get the cm-9-20121031-KonstaKANG-blade.zip and gapps-ics-medium-20120429-signed.zip into yor SDcard

3. Power down your phone and start it with CWM clear all caches and install the 1st file and the 2nd file without reboot

4. Reboot and install all the missing Google Apps you need.

If you want a file "manager" do the following before step 2:

i installed this rom last week, and i have two problems:

- i can't install google maps and update swiftkey (both 6mb apps). when i try to install/update those two apps, i receive the "insufficient storage available" message. i have 20mb free on system partition, 40mb free on internal and 1gb free on sd card. i installed swiftkey from a titanium backup. i also have a TB for maps app, but when i try to restore it on the phone, the phone just keep trying to restore the app with no error message, and i need to kill the app.

I've the same problem here.

Guest dreis911

I've the same problem here.

I also have Swiftkey and it's more than 9MB and G.Maps is about 20MB, so, for installation and all 40MB may not be enough!

I also have Swiftkey and it's more than 9MB and G.Maps is about 20MB, so, for installation and all 40MB may not be enough!

When I say "same problem" I mean the "Insufficient Storage Available".

In my case, I tried to install Friendcaster with about 90MB free in internal storage and got this message. So, it's not normal I think.

Guest Snap.IT

When I say "same problem" I mean the "Insufficient Storage Available".

In my case, I tried to install Friendcaster with about 90MB free in internal storage and got this message. So, it's not normal I think.

Reboot to cwm and wipe /cache, that usually fixes the problem.