• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Phone not recieving SMS

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

HI

My phone has recently stopped receiving sms texts however I can still send them. When I put my sim into a different phone I can receive the texts.

I am on giffgaff and have followed the instructions here but it still doesn't work:http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Learn-giffgaff-Top-Tips/manual-roam/td-p/3345471

Using B885

Any ideas on getting this fixed?

Thanks

Edited by Prog_Drummer

Posted

I don't know if it has anything to do with it but if you go into the messaging settings there is a tick box for 'Auto-retreive' which is ticked on mine. Check if yours is ticked or not. To be honest I've never been into the messaging settings before because they normally just work.

Posted (edited)

Yeah 'Auto-retreive' is ticked

Edit: Just put my sim back in another phone and then back into my Huawei phone and everything now works. Still strange that it stopped working though, I hadn't fiddled with any of the settings...

Edited by Prog_Drummer

Posted

hah, i had to switch sims (to another giffgaff sim oddly) and back before mine would connected to giffgaff at all. not sure what's going on. but seems ok now except for txts not always coming through for hours, but i think that's a gg network problem,

is everyone using the giffgaff apn app to set sms/mms settings?

also can't change voicemail number to 443, phone won't let me, anyone have that issue?

Posted

hah, i had to switch sims (to another giffgaff sim oddly) and back before mine would connected to giffgaff at all. not sure what's going on. but seems ok now except for txts not always coming through for hours, but i think that's a gg network problem,

is everyone using the giffgaff apn app to set sms/mms settings?

also can't change voicemail number to 443, phone won't let me, anyone have that issue?

My wife is on GiffGaff and I didn't have any problems with the network, just put the sim in and booted the phone and it connected to GiffGaff immediately. If I remember correctly I entered the apn settings manually because I had them written down.

With respect to the voicemail number, I can't change the number either. I have tried everything to no avail and it just stays on the o2 voicemail number which is 901.

There is a thread in the GiffGaff community forums about this exact issue here http://community.gif.../highlight/true

I have just tried the GiffGaff sim in a phone with CM7 installed and you can change the voicemail number just fine.

Another good reason to get CM7 ported over to the G300

Posted

On AtomicMod you can change the number too ;)

Posted

Not getting SMS as well. I wonder if it's because I have large SMS threads?

SMS thread with my wife is over 700 messages, just deleted it and rebooted, might help...