[ROM] [GB] [AtomicMod] [Any Baseband GB/ICS]

Guest tillaz

Guest kyan31

Kyan have you tried this rom? Seems alot of peeps prefer this.

I actually haven't. When it came out, I was too scared to flash it :P

I used to be a total noob lol.

Guest Pain_Deluxe

well right now im on semental kernel (overclocked) and it works very smooth & no lags at all. so is it worth it going back to the original kernel? is the diffirence so big?

@Stock Clocks it lags (semental) on stock kernel i have no scrolling lag.

And all the games works perfect with stock kernel.(Better than on ICS with OC)

How can I restore the original boot image? Flashing the original Rom without wipes(and the baseband patch)?

I have lags on oc and segmental kernels when scrolling in browsers or Wikipedia app.other this Rom is fluid.

Edited by Guest

Guest y4ss1n

How can I restore the original boot image? Flashing the original Rom without wipes(and the baseband patch)?

I managed to restore it by doing this:

1. open the ZIP file of the atomicmod rom (with winRAR or something else)

2. get the boot.img and place it somewhere on ur pc

3. open the ZIP file of the semental kernel

4. copy the boot.img (which u took from atomicmod zip) and copy it into the semental ZIP (this way you replace the semental boot.img)

5. now u simply flash the edited semental zip (which now contains the original boot.img)

hope its clear, lol

Edited by y4ss1n

i tried to restore apps from gobackup but could restore app data it said data coropted.also had this root access or do i need to install supersu

Guest blademaster123

thanks tillaz its an awesome rom I have a question, why is YouTube not HD

Edited by blademaster123

Guest tillaz

thanks tillaz its an awesome rom I have a question, why is YouTube not HD

it never worked, because it lacks the codecs, will update first post

how do you select contacts when sending sms? and also when i download files they seem to disappear not sure sure where its installing them, i have might go back to stock+ as these issues seem to the problematic also cant restore app data. same because its quite fast rom.

Guest irishpancake

I actually haven't. When it came out, I was too scared to flash it :P

I used to be a total noob lol.

Me too....still at 59....a noob!!

This is great, I just got to flashing Cyda's Stock+ last night, sorry this morning @03:00......having to update from GB to 2030 OTA, re-root, and unlock bootloader, flash recovery, etc, etc.....then the ROM.....

now I see this......

ohhh man, how do I get this phone back from my wife, she is happy with Stock+, [she was happy with Stock GB]....

"from her cold dead hand"........it's the only way!!!

Guest wouterbeer

So after reading the last few pages of this thread I see that this ROM gained popularity again. So,actually, what are the disadvantages of using this ROM (GB) instead of a ICS rom?!

I mean, if battery is better AND its faster and more responsive and it includes a lot of ICS features (according to OP), why not stick with GB forever? Or do you guys plan to go back to ICS/JB when these are becoming bug-free in the future?

although i liked the overall response and smoothness, i found few issues, first i couldn't restore my apps from gobackup, then when installing files it put them in a unknown location so coulndt find them, lastly i couldn't send sms because there no option to select contacts from messagner? i would go back if these issue are sorted.

Guest Pain_Deluxe
So after reading the last few pages of this thread I see that this ROM gained popularity again. So,actually, what are the disadvantages of using this ROM (GB) instead of a ICS rom?!

I mean, if battery is better AND its faster and more responsive and it includes a lot of ICS features (according to OP), why not stick with GB forever? Or do you guys plan to go back to ICS/JB when these are becoming bug-free in the future?

Batteri is better.Games have no lag. No Caller ID lag no storage bug.

All the ics things works on GB too.

Guest thepolodoc

All the ics things works on GB too.

No, ICS launchers such as Nova and Apex for example wont work correctly if i remember correctly from other posts on this forum.