Screen misalignment?

Guest pelago

Guest fr0do

I don't do Facebook, but for someone who does, do you want to draw Huawei UK's attention to this?

Great work creating this poll palago!

I've just sent Huwawei Uk 'Device' a message on Facebook. Dunno if that's the right place others talk about.. there are other pages they have that seem to be more popular but I see nothing meaningful on any of them tbh

edit

Posted to twitter and sent them a message on facebook too

Edited by fr0do

Guest Nike2

My screen is misaligned too and I have some yellow tint from the last pixel row on the right side. I bought mine from a guy online so no replacement for me.

Guest pelago

I've just sent Huwawei Uk 'Device' a message on Facebook. Dunno if that's the right place others talk about.. there are other pages they have that seem to be more popular but I see nothing meaningful on any of them tbh

Many thanks for that.

Guest Ellis456q

Hi, just registered to say yes I have this problem too, would like it sorted if possible, it's evident in toolbox pro, youtube.

Guest alpine101

Mine, received today is the other way round. Ie, Huawei logo to the left, left hand buttons curved, logo to the right, rh buttons curved. This replaces an older Huawei U8350 which had a smaller display, The G300 has a noticeably duller (less contrast) and slightly dimmer screen than the older model. Now waiting for my unlock code...

Guest RussellS

Well my G300 was purchased just after Vodafone started selling them and was supplied with B882. I then did an OTA update to B885 and then updated to B888 (original Huawei release).

My wife also has a G300 which is only a couple of weeks old. When she gets home from work today I'll check hers out for any screen misalignment.

From your description of the problem though it sounds to me like the screen is physically positioned incorrectly inside the case.

I Have checked my wifes G300 and that looks fine as well using the calculator as a test.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dazzozo

They screwed up OpenGL real good. I think they forgot you need OpenGL to have decent ICS. That's another thing for us to (try to) implement ourselves...

Guest skobywan

Interesting. I'm wondering whether a certain batch / few batches had this problem and it was resolved? Or whether it's software related.

What rom are you on? Upgraded to b888 via update.app?

Mines perfect. I'm on cm9 and updated to a newer version of cwm yesterday through rom toolbox. Hope that somewhat helps.

Edited by skobywan

Guest timfimjim

Mines perfect. I'm on cm9 and updated to a newer version of cwm yesterday through rom toolbox. Hope that somewhat helps.

Like others have found, mine got fixed when I updated to chinese ICS so I don't have this problem anymore :)

Guest pelago

It's good to hear this is fixable in software after all. Presumably the differences between people saying they had the problem and those that don't depends on which ROM they're using. I'm glad I didn't go through the hassle of returning mine now.

Guest timfimjim

It's good to hear this is fixable in software after all. Presumably the differences between people saying they had the problem and those that don't depends on which ROM they're using. I'm glad I didn't go through the hassle of returning mine now.

Yep :D

I imagine though that if you changed ROM through CWM it wouldn't fix the problem - for example using CM9 or AtomicMod didn't fix the problem - it was only when I used an UPDATE.APP that it got fixed. Had to be a complete software update

Guest pelago

I imagine though that if you changed ROM through CWM it wouldn't fix the problem - for example using CM9 or AtomicMod didn't fix the problem - it was only when I used an UPDATE.APP that it got fixed. Had to be a complete software update

I wonder what exactly is in the UPDATE.APP that fixes it, and whether it can be extracted for use with other ROMs?

Guest Dazzozo
I wonder what exactly is in the UPDATE.APP that fixes it, and whether it can be extracted for use with other ROMs?

Could be extracted but the problem is how do we flash it?

Guest pelago

Could be extracted but the problem is how do we flash it?

Well I don't know, and I don't know what the fix actually is. If it's a new kernel maybe we have to wait for Huawei to release the kernel sources?

Guest Hogweed

Fixed with UK B892 update. Once B892 official update has updated the firmware you can then restore your nandroid backup to fix it for whatever GB ROM you are running.

At least that's what worked for me. Now back on Modaco Gr2 but with the screen misalignment still fixed.

ICS update fixes it as well but this works for those who can't or won'[t go there yet.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest pelago

Fixed with UK B892 update. Once B892 official update has updated the firmware you can then restore your nandroid backup to fix it for whatever GB ROM you are running.

At least that's what worked for me. Now back on Modaco Gr2 but with the screen misalignment still fixed.

ICS update fixes it as well but this works for those who can't or won'[t go there yet.

Thanks for that. I wonder what the fix is, then, if it stays fixed no matter what ROM you use? Maybe it's some kind of firmware fix for the display hardware.