[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

What b8?? build were you flashing from Daz? Just tried b882 (didnt work) and am gonna try b884 next

I haven't. I've been on B934 and previously B927 as I kind of figured that RIL wasn't going to work on either B8xx or B9xx, but obviously B8xx compatibility is now completely broken due to the framebuffer issue.

So has that HWQril been pulled from the G300 or was it sold with it, May be worth asking dev to see what's going on over there

HWQcomRIL is pieced together by qiwu based on the Uicc stack. It was never in the stock ROMs. The stock implementation of RIL is a total mess and isn't even worth looking at. It's just Huawei hacking their extensions in to all parts of the telephony stack.

HWQcomRIL merely takes advantage of a CM invention that helps the devices with custom RIL implementations. CM "subclasses" the RIL so you can choose which class you want your RIL to be sourced from. They're single files and I have absolutely no idea how they work as of yet. I dunno, maybe the Explorer guys have the exact same RIL as us, which would defeat the "HW" part of the name.

Take a look over here, we are far from the first with a custom RIL class. https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base/tree/jellybean/telephony/java/com/android/internal/telephony

Though based on some recent discoveries I think the problem is not in HWQcomRIL, and that file (with a minor Jelly Bean change I've made) is actually fine.

Guest Dazzozo

Yeah, pretty sure that's incorrect, every other source says it's the 7225A. e.g.: http://pdadb.net/ind...plorer_htc_pico

The fact the Explorer is 600Mhz would suggest it's not a 7227A as well.

Either way, it doesn't matter. The point is another device is using this with success, which means there is stuff that is absolutely identical in that device and it's not implemented by Huawei.

The link is probably MSM7x2xA.

Guest wso277

Does that mean you got the "phone" part working?

By the way congratulations on your work. Been following the thread although i dont understand some of it, and you're doing amazing work.

Edited by wso277

Guest Dazzozo

I've tracked down the source of HWQcomRIL. It's a slightly modified version of QualcommSharedRIL, which already lives in CM. The fun begins!

I actually have a source for this stuff now, and can see what qiwu changed which means I can actually maintain it.

Guest Malthus

So hasn't qiwu shot himself in the foot by being awkward if it's credit he was after? Now that the RIL implementation is sussed surely Dazzozo's CM10 is going to be the ROM to get for your G300 and it's all entirely him to thank for it.

Guest Dazzozo

I don't think it was credit he was after. From all that I saw (and I think I was the most involved with the whole situation) I have an explanation that I can make sense of. I don't feel it's for me to really comment on, though.

To be honest, I really don't care for these politics. I just want the goddamn device to be running the latest version of CM and AOSP and such well. It seems people have only been problems.

I do feel it's fair for me to state that qiwu didn't really "reverse" the RIL implementation, he didn't write that whole file. He hacked QualcommSharedRIL to work. That's probably why it works for the Explorer guys, though QualcommSharedRIL would probably be a better fit for them, without our hacks.

Guest glorifiedg

I've tracked down the source of HWQcomRIL. It's a slightly modified version of QualcommSharedRIL, which already lives in CM. The fun begins!

I actually have a source for this stuff now, and can see what qiwu changed which means I can actually maintain it.

In your face qiwi

Guest skobywan

Might be a new thread later :)

I bet we have a cm10 thread with 600 replies tonight. I can't believe Daz has Jb ported before huawei managed ics. Laughable really and really shows the benefit of the open source community.