Jr17 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest jmagee

I'm having trouble using the Natwest app. Would it be possible to edit the build.prop like on 4.0.4 so it would work again?

Guest PaulOBrien

Any updates on when CM Dialer will be included? Find myself really missing that.

In the next update, probably tomorrow!

?? they shouldn't be frozen in the rom since Titanium Backup allows you to freeze after the fact. have you backed up all data and try a full cache wipe, dalvik cache wipe, factory reset/wipe in CWR? also be sure to delete the DATA AND ANDROID folders on the sdcard when you plug in the phone to pc before wiping too. i've seen a ton of issues w/various android versions and cache data on the sdcard on the gnex (/mnt/sdcard in root explorer, adb)

Not sure why, but this ROM is 'freezing' some items based on locale, need to work out where that's happening!

Hi,

in my prebake, facebook contact sync is not showing any people in my contacts, also sound search widget is not showing and google wallet was working, but has now FC on reboot of my device, i used it successfully to buy some fredo frogs before hand.

Thanks

Matt

Investigating FB Sync, will check Google Ears also. Did you update the Wallet version?

I'm having trouble using the Natwest app. Would it be possible to edit the build.prop like on 4.0.4 so it would work again?

What's the error? Will spoofing the build.prop definitely fix it?

P

Guest Brembo109

Not sure why, but this ROM is 'freezing' some items based on locale, need to work out where that's happening!

P

I'm sure I heard about that frozen apps issue in other (MC) Roms before. But I can't remember witch one it was, but there was decently a frozen/hidden system app.

Edit: ah it was the Play Movies App, it's not available in Germany

Edited by Brembo109

Guest jmagee

Investigating FB Sync, will check Google Ears also. Did you update the Wallet version?

What's the error? Will spoofing the build.prop definitely fix it?

P

I'm not sure. The app is opening but not viewing my balances. If your familiar with it I can see account numbers and mini statement just not balance or making transfers. The build.prop made the app work last time so just thinking it might again.

PS is there a market app for the forums?

Edited by jmagee

Guest Brembo109

You can use Tapatalk for watching and answering in this and nearly every other forum, I hope I understood your question right :-)

PS: with this app you can mark threads as favorites, so you get a notification when someone writes in it

Edited by Brembo109

Guest jmagee

You can use Tapatalk for watching and answering in this and nearly every other forum, I hope I understood your question right :-)

PS: with this app you can mark threads as favorites, so you get a notification when someone writes in it

You certainly did. Thanks

Guest Moverich

Anyone having problems with Quickpic?

Mine opens, starts to scan for pictures and then closes without a message.

No Problems here.

Now tried Franco 215 and it works like a charme.

Guest Scottland

For voice actions see here:

Almost none of these work for me - so I'm wondering if it's locale dependant? (i.e US only)

Guest jmagee

Almost none of these work for me - so I'm wondering if it's locale dependant? (i.e US only)

I've tried saying message... And call... But it doesn't seem to recognise them. I'll maybe have a play later

Guest nmesisca

[media=]

they didnt work for me either but then I changed voice language in the settings. thing is though, after I close the app down and I reopen it again, it stops talking again until I change the voice language to something else. I also noticed the voice is still the same 'robotic' one not the smoother one that seems to be heard in the video and at the demo in google I/O ..

Guest dimmanramone

No Problems here.

Now tried Franco 215 and it works like a charme.

I flashed franco 215 too, but I still have the default settings of franco and it seems that the stock kernel is working better for me. I have a bit of lag in the latest applications and generally the stock kernel is smoother. Are you in the default settings on franco? Did franco works better for you than the stock kernel?

Guest PaulOBrien

As requested! :)

P

Changelog

4nd July 11:30

• Added CyanogenMod predictive dialler to the kitchen (modified to work on Jelly Bean)

Guest Brembo109

[media=]

I set my system language to english(us) (i´m in germany) and "google now" is full functional now, everything works. Set alarm, make calls or send massages, show the weather, asking questions about barack obama :-). i tried a few things and all work. i get the answers spoken by my gnex, as shown in the video.

Edit: i also searched for german stuff, like our president gauk and it worked too. so i think its depending on the system language set to english(us).

Edited by Brembo109

Guest Moverich

I flashed franco 215 too, but I still have the default settings of franco and it seems that the stock kernel is working better for me. I have a bit of lag in the latest applications and generally the stock kernel is smoother. Are you in the default settings on franco? Did franco works better for you than the stock kernel?

Im using franco PowerSave Mode, edited Gamma to 1.2 and Colors Multipliers to 134,134,214

Its smooth like Stock Kernel and Battery lives longer when this short time is representive.

Edited by Moverich

Guest Zarch1972

I seem to have issues with the phone app. I can't answer calls or hang up on existing calls or use keypad in a call to get voice mail options for example. I did a full wipe and have flashed the updates here a few times. Anyone else seen this? I am guessing my options are to flash a pre-bake or full wipe again?

EDIT

Full wipe and reinstall of a fresh bake fixed it. Back to being happy again! :D :D :D :D :D :D

I've had this after a couple of calls this morning that I made. Just couldn't hang up with the big red phone icon.

Had to press home, then pull down the notification bar and hang up from there.

My build is from the Kitchen and I did a full wipe.

Any ideas?

Guest dimmanramone

Im using franco PowerSave Mode, edited Gamma to 1.2 and Colors Multipliers to 134,134,214

Its smooth like Stock Kernel and Battery lives longer when this short time is representive.

Ok. I'll try different mode too see if it gets better for me. What about gamma settings r/g/b and Trinity's Contrast interface?

/d

Guest Zarch1972

Further to my problem 2 posts above being unable to hang up a call....... i've just been unable to answer a call by swiping. :wacko:

Rebooted phone and still no good.

Not sure why i'd need to full wipe and reinstall to fix when thats what I did to install in the first place. :wacko:

Any ideas?

Edited by Zarch1972

Guest Zarch1972
I've had this after a couple of calls this morning that I made. Just couldn't hang up with the big red phone icon. Had to press home, then pull down the notification bar and hang up from there. My build is from the Kitchen and I did a full wipe. Any ideas?

Further to my problem 2 posts above being unable to hang up a call....... i've just been unable to answer a call by swiping. :wacko: Rebooted phone and still no good. Not sure why i'd need to full wipe and reinstall to fix when thats what I did to install in the first place. :wacko: Any ideas?

Hallelujah for Google. :P

Found this post from over at XDA.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=28020556&postcount=888

The problem is some incompatibly with LUX (brightness tool) and JB.

If you follow the instructions over on XDA the dialler will start working again (both hang-up and receiving)........ and I can confirm that. :D

Edited by Zarch1972

Guest Zarch1972

Oh, looks like the LUX problem and fix have already been discussed on the jr1 thread over at XDA. :o

Note to self, check out both threads (here and there) before resorting to Google.

Edited by Zarch1972

Guest dimmanramone

I know that I asked that before, but can someone check when the phone is charging with an AC adapter if it says Charging (AC) under

Settings->Battery

When I'm charging my phone, even if I'm charging with AC adapter it says Charging (USB) and it takes actually longer time to charge than usual.

By usual I mean when I was charging the phone in ICS and it was actually saying Charging (AC).

I don't know if it matters but this happens with both stock and franco kernel.