Jr17 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien
I can't patch Trackball Alert Pro with Jr11. "ROM not recognized or no patches available!" when clicking Automatic patch in TBA.

Ticked TBA support in the kitchen. Usually works like a dream. Known issue?

It should be pre-patched then and ready to go!

P

Guest anssi_s

New version in the kitchen - prebake to follow soon!

P

Changelog

11th December

• Toggle2G now available in the kitchen.

Really liking this! Although I already had one instance of cellular data death but let's hope it's not common.

Guest mark2410

has anyone found a reliable, consistent way to get trackball alert pro to work?

its infuriating that "instaling" support for it in the rom doesnt mean it will work and then patching it manually with the MCR patch because the rom is never recognised then makes it unbootable.

New version in the kitchen - prebake to follow soon!

P

Changelog

11th December

• All installed apps updated to latest versions.
  • Toggle2G now available in the kitchen.

Toggle2G is indeed a great option! I like it. Nice work!

Some remarks:

- latest version of Adobe Flash Player 11.1.115.34 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1848508) works for what i need it for (browser/chrome). Can it be included in the next release ?

current release of it in jr11 (11.1.115.12) was regressed compared to the release in jr10 (11.1.115.20) or maybe it was for a good reason ?

- integration of latest Chrome update into /system results in errmsg and chrome fc's. Maybe worth checking for the next release ?

Otherwise, great work as always. Thx Paul!

Guest PaulOBrien

Toggle2G is indeed a great option! I like it. Nice work!

Some remarks:

- latest version of Adobe Flash Player 11.1.115.34 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1848508) works for what i need it for (browser/chrome). Can it be included in the next release ?

current release of it in jr11 (11.1.115.12) was regressed compared to the release in jr10 (11.1.115.20) or maybe it was for a good reason ?

- integration of latest Chrome update into /system results in errmsg and chrome fc's. Maybe worth checking for the next release ?

Otherwise, great work as always. Thx Paul!

I'll update flash for the next release, as well as the various Google bits including Chrome.

When integrating Chrome you need to unzip the APK and copy the updated .so file to /system/lib too!

P

Guest ogdobber

has anyone found a reliable, consistent way to get trackball alert pro to work?

its infuriating that "instaling" support for it in the rom doesnt mean it will work and then patching it manually with the MCR patch because the rom is never recognised then makes it unbootable.

the patching feature is just legacy code left in the apk. there is no need to patch. The rom already is patched...just hit menu and "manage" to set up alerts

Guest comicbookguy

My GNex is about to be passed on to my dad. At the moment he's running a lovely stock Wildfire, lol

I'm debating if I should give it to him stock or with MCR installed...... Anybody got an opinion/experiences to share?

Guest PaulOBrien
My GNex is about to be passed on to my dad. At the moment he's running a lovely stock Wildfire, lol

I'm debating if I should give it to him stock or with MCR installed...... Anybody got an opinion/experiences to share?

Depends, are you going to update it for him or just let him get OTA?

P

Guest masterpfa

Hi

Are the 'Buttons MODS'available as a separate zip, I only ask as I am experimenting with a few options (although I do realise flashing the re-baked ROM would have the same affect).

Many thanks

Depends, are you going to update it for him or just let him get OTA?

P

Cyanogen mod still gets OTA. Is return to stock though just in case he installs an OTA which breaks something

Guest Alex Bremel

Maybe I'm missing something here... just used the kitchen to create a build for my VZW Gnex... and it's unable to find the mobile network at all...

When i go into settings -> mobile network -> network operators - i get an "error searching for networks" - no mobile connection at all. Looks cool... but no mobile connection kinda ruins things a bit for me... lol

Fresh install, did a full wipe before flashing... problem persists through a reboot... reverting to a different rom for now...

Any thoughts?

Edited by Alex Bremel

Guest mark2410

the patching feature is just legacy code left in the apk. there is no need to patch. The rom already is patched...just hit menu and "manage" to set up alerts

nope

it might meant to be so but it wasnt and would not work, hence why i tried to patch it. it just flashes up warning framework not compatable (please try patch option from menu)

Edited by mark2410

Guest SeanC1966

I had the same problem with Trackball Alert Pro. The workaround I found was to reflash with Trackball Alert installed from kitchen and when you open the Pro version it automatically asks if you want to uninstall the standard version, it works fine after that, or at least it did for me.

Guest comicbookguy

Cyanogen mod still gets OTA. Is return to stock though just in case he installs an OTA which breaks something

I spend enough time tech supporting his PC!

I'm not going to be constantly flashing MCR updates for him and he's not going to miss custom ROM functions, but I might root it just so I can easily back it up and migrate him to my nexus 4 next Xmas ;)

If stock ota's are likely to break root, he might be better on MCR...

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest mark2410

I had the same problem with Trackball Alert Pro. The workaround I found was to reflash with Trackball Alert installed from kitchen and when you open the Pro version it automatically asks if you want to uninstall the standard version, it works fine after that, or at least it did for me.

nope. it doesnt say its not working, but nothing lights up

I'm not going to be constantly flashing MCR updates for him and he's not going to miss custom ROM functions, but I might root it just so I can easily back it up and migrate him to my nexus 4 next Xmas ;)

He may still get ota reminders using MCR

Guest PaulOBrien
Maybe I'm missing something here... just used the kitchen to create a build for my VZW Gnex... and it's unable to find the mobile network at all...

When i go into settings -> mobile network -> network operators - i get an "error searching for networks" - no mobile connection at all. Looks cool... but no mobile connection kinda ruins things a bit for me... lol

Fresh install, did a full wipe before flashing... problem persists through a reboot... reverting to a different rom for now...

Any thoughts?

Gsm only got now, CDMA support coming!

I put my dad on stock. ;-)

nope. it doesnt say its not working, but nothing lights up

Check you don't have any outstanding notifications before running the test!

P

Guest mark2410

Check you don't have any outstanding notifications before running the test!

P

yep, and a couple restarts but no. however a reflash then a reboot after unisntalling the free version and its back. reflashed the same download so no idea what the problem was