[CM7] [gen1/gen2] Latest CM7 2.3.7 ROMs

Guest pass25

Guest GuyOverThere

Bah can't build :-\

----- Made recovery image -------- out/target/product/mooncake/recovery.img

out/target/product/mooncake/recovery.img total size is 5011456

error: out/target/product/mooncake/recovery.img too large (5011456 > [4866048 - 270336])

make: *** [out/target/product/mooncake/recovery.img] Error 1

make: *** Deleting file `out/target/product/mooncake/recovery.img'

build error!
Also, for whatever reason I'm not getting 6.0.x version

. build/tools/device/makerecoveries.sh full_mooncake-eng

full_mooncake-eng

1 Products

Recovery Version: 5.0.2.8

Guest GuyOverThere

Is not a problem really, I can check later or test different settings in the BoardConfig.mk, don't know, I'll figure out something.

Going back to releasing roms, being unable to change kernels was indeed the lack of use of prebuilt netd, so now I can compile a rom that allows to change kernels, there's an issue though (isn't there always?...), if I install vamshi's kernel (through flashable zip) somehow the animations freak out and I get the green screen pre-animation, if I build the rom with vamshi's kernel preinstalled, touch_to_key doesn't work even though is in /system/bin, if I however install his kernel through cwm then touch_to_key does works normally.

Don't know what exactly is the issue with the green screen before animations and why touch_to_key doesn't work if vamshi's kernel is build within the rom (logcat hasn't been that useful) , I checked the ramdisk (kernel preinstalled and kernel installed vía cwm) and they're the same so don't really know what else to look at :(

Edited by GuyOverThere

Guest GuyOverThere

hmmmm slipt I guess? This is what I did, used racer kitchen to extract the kernel from vamshi's boot.img and put that kernel in device/zte/mooncake folder.

But I was thinking that it's better if I just replace the boot.img generated by cyanogenmod with vamshi's one before flashing the rom, I'll test that tonight.

Regarding the green screen, I'm thinking in setting screen rotation animation and screen-off animation to false using overlay (those settings are the one causing the green screen). I'll test that tonight as well.

Edited by GuyOverThere

Guest equiliym

well you split them to boot.img-ramdisk.gz and boot.img-kernel, after that you decompress ramdisk if needed.. cant remember if i had to decompress ramdisk to files and stuff when i used to build kernel D:

Guest GuyOverThere

yes, that boot.img-kernel is the file I then rename to kernel and put in device/zte/mooncake, I really don't understand why in the final build touch_to_key isn't working, the final boot.img is the same as the boot.img from vamshi's flashable zip, but something must be changed during that zip installation since is the only way touch_to_key starts working lol

Guest GuyOverThere

why dont you try forking cm10 and building it? >.<

oh my... xD well for one I've a cm7 rom that works, only few issues are left (the vamshi's kernel thing and the animation) and then I can at least offer updated cm7 roms, won't have much beyond cm updates but it's something I can contribute.

The other thing is cm10? xDDDD oh man I wish I was smart enough to make something like that working, just imagine... reverse engineered copybit, gralloc, omx, adreno, sensors and made opensource to piss off zte... all ported to api level 16, a fully functional kernel 3.x and some magic awesomeness.... I'm crying right now imagining such a future

Guest equiliym

haha :D well ill probably release tomorrows cm7 if not too lazy.. anyway, here is latest gen1 cwm 6.0.1.2, bit oversized since i dunno how to resize its ui but still partially works, only usb mounting messes up, you can test it if you want, i didnt have much trouble with it.. flash via fastboot

Edited by equiliym

Guest Rahulsingh190
haha :D well ill probably release tomorrows cm7 if not too lazy.. anyway, here is latest gen1 cwm 6.0.1.2, bit oversized since i dunno how to resize its ui but still partially works, only usb mounting messes up, you can test it if you want, i didnt have much trouble with it.. flash via fastboot
Great work equiliym..its so good...but equiliym I heard that 6.x.x version have feature of making a fashable zip of the current installed rom without copying the data partition..

Guest equiliym

Great work equiliym..its so good...but equiliym I heard that 6.x.x version have feature of making a fashable zip of the current installed rom without copying the data partition..

yeah with cm10 i think

Guest GuyOverThere

Nice, I'll check that, any ideas why I'm getting version 5.0.2.8 while trying to build my own? could it be related to the cm branch or something? (I haven't checked why the build error yet, but still I'm curious about the version thing)

Guest equiliym

Nice, I'll check that, any ideas why I'm getting version 5.0.2.8 while trying to build my own? could it be related to the cm branch or something? (I haven't checked why the build error yet, but still I'm curious about the version thing)

i actually checked and my recovery is being forked from 4.0.4 android so yep, newer are based on cm9/cm10, thats why you are stuck with older

Guest GuyOverThere

Ahh... bummer xD well, all that's left then is to check the build error then, I read some post on blog that someone had the same problem and edit a file to change that from an error to just a waring that doesn't delete the recovery.img, but I'm not really sure if it'll work in this case

Guest Rahulsingh190
Ahh... bummer xD well, all that's left then is to check the build error then, I read some post on blog that someone had the same problem and edit a file to change that from an error to just a waring that doesn't delete the recovery.img, but I'm not really sure if it'll work in this case
@Guyoverthere are u making 3.x.x kernel ....& is it like this that 3.x.x will not work with cm 7 so that u can test is it working or not & if once u get 3.x.x kernel ready u can also make cm 10 rom ...because on one post I think u only said no kernel then no rom & no rom then no kernel ...but we have many working cm 7 roms so with these isn't it possible to make 3 .x.x kernel...& many devices have ics roms working with 2.6.x kernel then why not our racer can have ics with 2.6.x kernel..

Guest equiliym

you need .35.x kernel for 4.x android, 3.0 has waaaay different structure to start modding it to work on racer, just doesnt pay off.. vamshi never released his .35 and other sources we have are broken

Edited by equiliym

Guest Rahulsingh190

So ....is there anything I can do to help all the devs in compiling. .35.x kernel...& on one of vamshi's post he said that he will be releasing. 35.x kernel soon...

Guest equiliym

So ....is there anything I can do to help all the devs in compiling. .35.x kernel...& on one of vamshi's post he said that he will be releasing. 35.x kernel soon...

yeah, he said that half a year ago or something if i remember correctly.. you can always fork konstats/t0mm13b's .35 sources and edit it, try to make it boot and fix camera and things that dont work on it after if you know how to do that, can save some time

Guest equiliym

latest release cm-7-20120819-NIGHTLY-mooncake uploaded, all info in first post. also added fancy media patch in first post, replaces 2D gallery with 3D one and 2.3 Music app with Honeycomb 3.0 one for those who wants it

Guest GuyOverThere

@Guyoverthere are u making 3.x.x kernel ....& is it like this that 3.x.x will not work with cm 7 so that u can test is it working or not & if once u get 3.x.x kernel ready u can also make cm 10 rom ...because on one post I think u only said no kernel then no rom & no rom then no kernel ...but we have many working cm 7 roms so with these isn't it possible to make 3 .x.x kernel...& many devices have ics roms working with 2.6.x kernel then why not our racer can have ics with 2.6.x kernel..

God forbids D: no.... like equiliym said, 3.x is a completely different beast, I know some of it "in linux", sadly linux kernel mainline and android kernel are different things so knowing one doesn't help much with the other. Another thing is drivers, 2.6.x kernels work because zte made drivers that works with 2.6.x line, sure maybe something is broken in the process of porting but with luck a few modifications are all that's needed. With 3.x that's not the case, android kernel is opensource, hardware manufacturer drivers are not.

As for devices having ics roms, a few have no HW acceleration which sucks, and the ones that do have it is because there are drivers available for them... and kernel sources not broken from the manufacturers themselves :D zte racer is in any of those categories and probably never will.

latest release cm-7-20120819-NIGHTLY-mooncake uploaded, all info in first post. also added fancy media patch in first post, replaces 2D gallery with 3D one and 2.3 Music app with Honeycomb 3.0 one for those who wants it

nice :D

Edited by GuyOverThere

Guest mausuras

Is there a way of calibrate the touchscreeen? mine is way of, when pressing the back key i type 'L'

i searched in settings but no luck, also no apps for this purpose