What about Jelly Bean on Skate???

Guest whashnez

Guest tilal6991

Lol. Of course it will be. I have never seen a phone which can't be upgraded - even the Tmobile G1 - essentially the first android phone - could get an update to ICS. And it started off with 1.0/1.5.

Guest omegavesko

Hey, I if we've got cm9 working, I see no reason why we can't have jelly bean as well. I've got faith that tilal can pull it off.

Has Google actually pushed it to aosp yet? I haven't checked.

Edited by omegavesko

Guest ukgnome

As far as my teeny tiny knowledge goes the changes between ICS and JB are quite small.

With a clever chap like Tilal taking a look I am sure that we will see some jellybean flavoured skates (or is that skate flavoured jelly beans? - wouldn't that be a bertie botts flavour)

Guest XMasterNinni

They haven't released their source yet. A dumped system.img from the Nexus 7 is nearly everything we have. Well, it got already ported to the One X...

Guest omegavesko
They haven't released their source yet. A dumped system.img from the Nexus 7 is nearly everything we have. Well, it got already ported to the One X...

Yup, the one x and galaxy nexus already have it. I'm sure we'll have it on a ton of devices once the source drops.

Guest hugobosslives

My knowledge in this is minimal, guessing the Nexus's zip isn't helpful to us? When will the source likely be available?

yer. lalit needs jelly bean aosp to be pushed to start building.

as soon as the nexus 7 ships to consumers they will release it.

Guest Josh92

yer. lalit needs jelly bean aosp to be pushed to start building.

as soon as the nexus 7 ships to consumers they will release it.

Ah cool beans (pun intended).

Not too long to wait before he can try do his magic.

Edited by Josh92

Guest omegavesko

Yup, we should be getting the jelly bean source in a few weeks at worst. Hopefully it won't be much harder to port than cm9.

Guest Josh92
Yup, we should be getting the jelly bean source in a few weeks at worst. Hopefully it won't be much harder to port than cm9.
Indeed, I'd love it if performance and battery life remain similar to CM9 is now.

Guest hugobosslives

Google now looks amazing

Google now looks amazing

+1 looks awesome

though its probs to deep in the rom to port it back to ics. we probs need the jb rom. though please correct me if i'm wrong lalit or c3co :D