HUAWEI RELEASE ICS 4.0.3 for U8818/U8815/G300 version B926【BOOT SYSTEM IMAGE LINK】

Guest qiwu huang

Guest Dazzozo

It just buggered again at 107MB for me. I think my problems are more with the mirror, though. If you guys are actually managing 100% downloads, I assume that the upload is also broken. However, if qiwu shared the scripts and told us where the UPDATE.APP was, there would be no problems... ;)

Guest Dazzozo

Has someone on the Chinese forums not uploaded it?

I've been looking, can't find anything.

I've pretty much given up on this now, pretty frustrated. Limitations imposed by community members for the sake of their own elitism, wow. I thought we all had a shared goal.

Guest qiwu huang

I've been looking, can't find anything.

I've pretty much given up on this now, pretty frustrated. Limitations imposed by community members for the sake of their own elitism, wow. I thought we all had a shared goal.

What you mean?

We don't need members of the community doing the same.

Especially from members who are meant to be on the same team - kinda sucks really. :(

What you mean?

I think he means that without the script that you say you have written but refuse to share, it is very frustrating.

Edited by Hpez

Guest Dazzozo

What you mean?

My point is you seem to have no reason for withholding things. It took effort to get the device and vendor files, and now it seems the same is happening with the update.app scripts. The only reason I can see is that you want exclusivity when it is proved time and time again that these things are better when shared. Look at the entire CyanogenMod project that you based LiGux on.

Guest qiwu huang

My point is you seem to have no reason for withholding things. It took effort to get the device and vendor files, and now it seems the same is happening with the update.app scripts. The only reason I can see is that you want exclusivity when it is proved time and time again that these things are better when shared. Look at the entire CyanogenMod project that you based LiGux on.

Want to get depends on what you paid.

Guest daVil

I *think* this is the OTA files? http://115.com/file/...9ptr#update.zip

(taken from http://bbs.anzhi.com...311169-1-1.html) again it's hosted on 115.com so expect a slow donwload

I think it's correct, the updater-script contains

assert(file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "Huawei/U8818/hwu8818:4.0.3/HuaweiU8818/C17B926:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys" ||

11% done downloading so far.

Guest Dazzozo

my device base on skate from tila so I open source .

kernel source open source .

Or, you open source for your love of the community where everyone puts in what they can to defeat the limitations imposed by OEMs? You don't open source because what you forked is open source.

You are slowly becoming part of the problem. No offense. You have done fantastic work, but it is totally wasted by your closed attitude.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

I do not have anything to charge, donation I have not

If you are seeking donations you already have the wrong attitude. Donations are a reward. Why even make these threads if you're just going to be a problem when it comes to sharing? No one has anything to reward you for. Congratulations, you fixed ICS for your own phone!

Edit: In fact, I actually forked the device and vendor repos because I was scared I'd wake up one day to find all that fantastic work deleted from GitHub because of these issues.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest qiwu huang

Or, you open source for your love of the community where everyone puts in what they can to defeat the limitations imposed by OEMs? You don't open source because what you forked is open source.

You are slowly becoming part of the problem. No offense. You have done fantastic work, but it is totally wasted by your closed attitude.

Do you know Each person has to keep some small things.

I just kept 3 scripts . Things have seriously to such 。So I do not think this is what a great thing.

Guest Dazzozo

Do you know Each person has to keep some small things.

I just kept 3 scripts . Things have seriously to such 。So I do not think this is what a great thing.

No they don't. I don't keep anything. Take a look over here and here. Get off your high horse.

You "just" kept 3 scripts that could help the community immensely. I couldn't make out anything else you said.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest daVil

anyone tried this link yet? :)

might be an easier route imo :wacko:

Yeah downloading it and it's a good one, it contains the advertised update.app etc but without the tool to unpack them, it wont help much for now.

Guest qiwu huang

No they don't. I don't keep anything. Take a look over here and here. Get off your high horse.

You "just" kept 3 scripts that could help the community immensely. I couldn't make out anything else you said.

OK, OK, I admit that I was persuaded by you.

FOR g300

split_updata.pl.tar.gz

Edited by qiwu huang