[23/07/2013][ICS] Eco CM9 - aiming for stability and battery efficiency

Guest jventura

Guest Surgat

Ok, ahn... i try to do the TPT thing everything and goes wrong, now my Blade doesen't even turn on, just keep at the Android logo,then it goes to the left side of the screen for ever and ever. Looks like I f*ck everything, bro.

Edit: Problem solved, but I'll not try this TPT again, just keep with the 220 /system and whatever haha. Is there any other way to do it?

I couldn't manage to make any TPT work, so I finally did it with this guide and the custom G2 160 v10 firmware. It looks scary at first but then everything went fine :)

Guest BVargas

The TPT was just to set your /system partition to 160MB, although you don't need to.. But you will always have 60MB of /system unused.. But be carefull with TPT's, I once bricked a Blade and it had to go to repair. If you do it again, use TPT Helper which is in Google Market..

To install this ROM you just need to boot into CWM (Power ON & Vol -). If you don't know what CWM (clockworkmod) is, search the first pinned topics of this section of the modaco forum..

Yeah, I used the TPT Helper and yet the phone bricked haha. I repair it here, don't even know how, but it's all ok, apparently. After all, flashed the rom and it's work really fine here, just some apps like Facebook or Instagram that still have some issues, like pics which never up and things like this. I'll give a try, if something goes wrong, back to Eco CM7!

Thx, dude!

Guest BVargas

I couldn't manage to make any TPT work, so I finally did it with this guide and the custom G2 160 v10 firmware. It looks scary at first but then everything went fine :)

Mine is a chinese Blade, do you know any guide for them? This one specifically says that will not work. :(

Mine is a chinese Blade, do you know any guide for them? This one specifically says that will not work. :(

I can only think of this one right now, but I don't know if it will be of any use to you, sorry :S

Guest BVargas

I can only think of this one right now, but I don't know if it will be of any use to you, sorry :S

It's ok! I manage to fix the Blade already, but just gave up of the TPT thing, don't want to brick this onde again haha.

Guest VuckoKS

I installed yesterday and my first impressions are; very fast, sms app is very slow, and when is the phone on 2G network does not go into a deep sleep, and no radio. So I have two questions, is it possible to delete the SMS app and install another, and is it possible radio to make it work? Otherwise great job ;)

Guest jventura

I installed yesterday and my first impressions are; very fast, sms app is very slow, and when is the phone on 2G network does not go into a deep sleep, and no radio. So I have two questions, is it possible to delete the SMS app and install another, and is it possible radio to make it work? Otherwise great job ;)

Sms app is the stock one, you can install other from the market.

Deep sleep problems probably is a app of yours keeping it awake? Otherwise it would defeat the purpose of a Battery Efficient ROM..

FM Radio is not a priority for me, sorry.. :)

Guest andr0idbeliev3r

Hey JVentura im trying to port CM9 (or 10) to tmn smart a7 (zte v875),what changes do i need to do in the kernel? Same cpu as the skate and has a physical keyboard.

Guest jventura

Hey JVentura im trying to port CM9 (or 10) to tmn smart a7 (zte v875),what changes do i need to do in the kernel? Same cpu as the skate and has a physical keyboard.

For what I've seen on the specs, the CPU is a Qualcomm MSM7227T, which is the same as the ZTE Skate, so probably you could start from there. Your problem would be drivers, because the drivers for the different devices in the phone are in the kernel, and the Skate kernel may have different drivers, I don't know..

Can't you find someone in the internet who has already started implementing a port for that phone? If not, and you are not experienced, it will be painfull to start yourself the port. If you are on to it, I would suggest to try to compile a working cm7 with the stock kernel, and work from there up to cm9..

Edited by jventura

Guest VuckoKS

Sms app is the stock one, you can install other from the market.

Deep sleep problems probably is a app of yours keeping it awake? Otherwise it would defeat the purpose of a Battery Efficient ROM..

FM Radio is not a priority for me, sorry.. :)

but if you delete sms stock app and install other from the store, will I have problems with receiving text messages.

Guest andr0idbeliev3r

For what I've seen on the specs, the CPU is a Qualcomm MSM7227T, which is the same as the ZTE Skate, so probably you could start from there. Your problem would be drivers, because the drivers for the different devices in the phone are in the kernel, and the Skate kernel may have different drivers, I don't know..

Can't you find someone in the internet who has already started implementing a port for that phone? If not, and you are not experienced, it will be painfull to start yourself the port. If you are on to it, I would suggest to try to compile a working cm7 with the stock kernel, and work from there up to cm9..

im going to compare the drivers in the two-kernels and if they are the same, good, the only thing im afraid of is the physical keyboard and the screen, its 320x480 MDPI, if i get cyanogenmod sources and use the GPU driver or hwcomposer from skate, will it compile for MDPI? or HDPI?

and no one made a port of something to this phone, the only thing they ported was clockworkmod recovery...

Edited by andr0idbeliev3r

Guest jventura

but if you delete sms stock app and install other from the store, will I have problems with receiving text messages.

I don't know.. You can always try it, and if it doesn't work, copy Mms.apk again to /system/app..

Guest VuckoKS

I don't know.. You can always try it, and if it doesn't work, copy Mms.apk again to /system/app..

I will try it with sms and the battery life is excellent I think better than in eco 7. Keep up with good work ;)

Guest jventura

Status bar may not work on moment, some times touch not work...

Status bar not appearing occurs ocasionally in all cm9 rom's. Touch not working I never encountered..

Edited by jventura

Guest HarryPirate

@jventura Since this is one of the most stable and functional ROMs for our devices, what would you think, of posting your build instructions, like KonstaT usually does on his threads, and we would build a ROM once a week (or as soon as a noticeable change was made) and we would make turns building it.

Guest jventura

@jventura Since this is one of the most stable and functional ROMs for our devices, what would you think, of posting your build instructions, like KonstaT usually does on his threads, and we would build a ROM once a week (or as soon as a noticeable change was made) and we would make turns building it.

In the first post you can find a link to the "sources", which is my device/zte/blade source.. It is easy for experienced developers to build my Eco cm9 from there!

But if a sufficient number people are interested in more detailed instructions, I can provide them, just let me know.. :)

Guest HarryPirate

In the first post you can find a link to the "sources", which is my device/zte/blade source.. It is easy for experienced developers to build my Eco cm9 from there!

But if a sufficient number people are interested in more detailed instructions, I can provide them, just let me know.. :)

It would be great if everyone got the same build environment in order to build this ROM with the same quality all the time.

Guest Butcher55

Last night I had serious battery issues for first time :/ I had 68%battery at 1AM and when I woke up at 9PM i had 2% of battery..i have 3g with data on

Guest jventura

Last night I had serious battery issues for first time :/ I had 68%battery at 1AM and when I woke up at 9PM i had 2% of battery..i have 3g with data on

On Settings > Battery, see first process (probably "idle"), and press the graphics and check the size of the blue bar on "Awake".. If it has a lot of blue, it was because something prevented the phone from deep sleeping.. Sometimes it is some system process, but can be one of your apps..

Guest Butcher55

Little edit: :D i did a mistake in that hours. I had 68% at 01:00 and 2% at 09:00 so it drained my battery in 8 hours..i didnt look to battery settings so i cant tel you:/ but now i have first process "cell standby"and when i tap that graph awake had many, many little blue bars night..how can i find out which app doesn`t let the phone deep sleep?because i was forced to turn data off