• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

[PROBLEM] External storage card in T-Mobile S3 (SGH-T999) NOT RECOGNIZED

3 posts in this topic

Posted

[PROBLEM] External storage card in T-Mobile S3 (SGH-T999) NOT RECOGNIZED

OK. This past Tuesday. I picked up a 16GB T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 (SGH-T999), in Marble White, along with a 32GB storage card.

AWESOME PHONE!

However, I continue to encounter a SERIOUS PROBLEM: Regardless of which appropriate application I use, I absolutely cannot transfer any app or file to the external storage card. It just won't happen. In fact, the phone does not even ackmowledge the existence of an external card.

Even when my S3 is USB-connected to my PC, I am unable to move any file to the phone's storage card. The "card" image appears on my PC's screen, but I get the black "x" symbol when I attempt to move a file onto the card image.

There is no problem moving files to-and-from the PC and the phone's "Internal Storage" area (as is the case with my Nexus i9250) , but no success with the external storage card.

I have repeatedly re-formatted the 32GB card (which has only a "lost directory" folder showing inside it -- and I can only tell this when connected to the PC), but that is the only recognition the S3 makes regarding the card (and conceding that 29.71GB of available space does exist). From within my phone, and regardless of which file reader/explorer app I use .... the external card simply does not appear.

For my purposes, I'm essentially back with my Nexus: No external storage.

Is anyone else encountering this problem?

I'm wondering if it's a flaw particular to the T-Mobile's SGH-T999 or if the international version GT-i9300 has the same issue.

Any comments/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Posted

I'm with a similar problem. just rooted mine, and exchanged the stock kernel with a insecure stock kernel. Already heard about partitioning the sd card and other things, but just can't get it. If we simply chane he kernel with one that supports app2sd will it work?

Posted

APP2SD will not work on the SGS3, nor will any of the other similar "app movers" in the Play Store. Don't waste a download.

The only application that helped me (so that I was able to move large file folders, such as Music and Music Videos) was ASTRO FILE EXPLORER. Play Store has it in both free- and donate-versions; I went with both.

Now, using ASTRO, I can at least see and utilize the external 32GB storage card on my 16GB T-Mobile S III (SGH-T999). I cannot move apps, but I can move folders/files.

Give it a try if you wish; this was the best I could come up with.