Phone stop responding and duplicate empty folders in shortcuts screen

Guest derei

Guest derei

For start: hy all! I'm new here, new to android and...new to smartphones.

I have this fine gadget (U8815) and I rooted it, then uninstalled all Vodafone bloating, I replaced some default apps w/ some found on Google Play, last one is Easy Batery Saver. The problem is that phone freezes randomly and I can't do a thing to revive it. I have to remove the battery. What's worse is that I see duplicate empty folders which appear on apps shortcuts screen. I have several folders there with some groupped apps and after a "faint" episode, I see those folders duplicated and empty. I can delete them, but why does it happens in the first place?

As I said, I'm a newbie, so please tell me what technical info should I provide to make myself better understood and to get a proper and helpful answer.

Thank you very much!

Guest Davidoff59

The potter unlock app which is the stock unlock app by Huawei causes the lockscreen to freeze. You can remove this and then the stock Google unlock screen replaces it automatically. I would remove or freeze it immediately or it can make the phone very difficult to unlock. This may be what's causing your multiple issues.

You need Titanium backup pro to freeze it or something like rom toolbox to delete it. I imagine its stored in system/apps.

Guest derei

The potter unlock app which is the stock unlock app by Huawei causes the lockscreen to freeze. You can remove this and then the stock Google unlock screen replaces it automatically.

I freezed it (I used Root Uninstaller). I will see how it behaves from now on... the duplicated empty folders are a effect of my phone stop responding, or it might be something else?

Thank you.

Edited by derei

Guest Davidoff59

I'm not sure but see how u get on now. It could be the launcher. Don't freeze or delete the launcher, just download one off the market

Guest derei

I'm not sure but see how u get on now. It could be the launcher. Don't freeze or delete the launcher, just download one off the market

The launcher? Can you point me to one of this apps available? I have no idea what exactly is that launcher or what to search. I'm too new to android world and things that maybe are simple and obvious, for me are still to be discovered.