Stock ICS SMS App problem

Guest bumps

Guest bumps

So it's like this, All my contacts are saved with 07 at the start of their numbers but when i get texts off the same people the app shows them starting with +44 so it does not tag the texts with their names. I end up with a long list of just +44 numbers in the app kinda annoying. I know the solution would be to edit all contacts numbers to start with +44 but i was just wondering if there was any other possible fix, thank you.

Guest Geoff2

I moved over to Handcent straight away (for a different reason - I use the Swype Keyboard, and with the stock SMS app, the keyboard doesn't show a Return key.) I have no problems with contacts - they all show up as normal. The only very minor drawback is that when you use handcent you get a solid blue LED light on the phone to warn you there's a message waiting, whereas the stock app gives you a green flashing LED.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest matrakio

So it's like this, All my contacts are saved with 07 at the start of their numbers but when i get texts off the same people the app shows them starting with +44 so it does not tag the texts with their names. I end up with a long list of just +44 numbers in the app kinda annoying. I know the solution would be to edit all contacts numbers to start with +44 but i was just wondering if there was any other possible fix, thank you.

same problem here