Google Play Issues - B927

Guest HuaweiAscend

Guest HuaweiAscend

After downgrading and restoring my backup, Play was giving me DF-BPA-09 errors.

Cleared data and then fine - something weird is going on.

Ok, to fix this just edit your build.prop. I tested this with ITV player app mentioned above - on B927 it listed as incompatible. After editing the build.prop as below I could download and install ITV player. I didn't test other apps but I assume they will also work if they worked in B926.

To do this you will need root explorer or ES File explorer (I think ROM toolbox can do this also). Backup before doing this.

Open system/build.prop of B927 and find this line:

ro.build.fingerprint=Huawei/U8815/hwu8815:4.0.3/HuaweiU8815/C00B927:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys
replace that line with this one:
ro.build.fingerprint=Huawei/U8818/hwu8818:4.0.3/HuaweiU8818/C17B926:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys

After doing this reboot your phone and it should make any of the apps available while on B926 also available on B927.

Edited by Hpez

Guest AmbushReality
If I go into Google Play on my Mac, it shows:

This app is compatible with some of your devices.

T-Mobile HUAWEI HUAWEI U8815

This item is not compatible with your device.

Vodafone ZTE Crescent

Interestingly, it shows compatible with the "Vodafone ZTE Crescent" which was a T-Mobile Vivacity, but not the U8815.

Where does Google get the device name from?

The ZTE was never on Vodafone.

I'm on GiffGaff but mine says O2 ZTE Crescent, you must be on a piggyback network

Guest HuaweiAscend

Ok, to fix this just edit your build.prop. I tested this with ITV player app mentioned above - on B927 it listed as incompatible. After editing the build.prop as below I could download and install ITV player. I didn't test other apps but I assume they will also work if they worked in B926.

To do this you will need root explorer or ES File explorer. Backup before doing this.

ro.build.fingerprint=Huawei/U8815/hwu8815:4.0.3/HuaweiU8815/C00B927:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=Huawei/U8818/hwu8818:4.0.3/HuaweiU8818/C17B926:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys

After doing this reboot your phone and it should make any of the apps available while on B926 also available on B927.

Does this require the phone to be rooted?

I'm guessing it does, but some of the apps I use require the phone not to be rooted.

Guest Hogweed

I'm guessing it does, but some of the apps I use require the phone not to be rooted.

You can unroot after making the change.

Guest HuaweiAscend

Cheers for that.

I don't suppose you could post a guide of the steps involved?

Also, would I be able to unroot permanently after it? I'd rather do that.

Thanks again.

Guest HuaweiAscend

You can unroot after making the change.

Thanks - posted at the same time!

Not sure how I'd do this, as I've gone back to B888 temporarily, this is something I may have a go at tomorrow.

Guest Andymac1969

Thanks - posted at the same time!

Not sure how I'd do this, as I've gone back to B888 temporarily, this is something I may have a go at tomorrow.

My phone must be getting really hacked off, just reinstalling B927 to give it a whirl, 10 mins :blink:

Guest Hogweed

Cheers for that.

I don't suppose you could post a guide of the steps involved?

Also, would I be able to unroot permanently after it? I'd rather do that.

Thanks again.

Maybe best to use ROM toolbox as it has a built in build.prop editor which simplifies things. I usually use ES File Explorer then mount /system as writeable then just edit /system/build.prop with a text editor (carefully), then mount /system readonly when finished. But Rom Toolobx handles all this for you.

You can then use the installed Superuser management app to "Full Unroot" the phone and commit suicide by removing itself.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest HuaweiAscend

Oh, seems fairly simple.

The process of rooting, is it the same as all of the other ROMs?

Tempting to install it again now!

Guest Andymac1969

Oh, seems fairly simple.

The process of rooting, is it the same as all of the other ROMs?

Tempting to install it again now!

I'm getting there, just wiping the imei again

Guest Hogweed

There's an unlock app for bootloader and root - details in thread (first post) at http://www.modaco.co...l-ics-403-b926/ - See lines beginning

Boot in to freshly installed ICS, install ADB drivers from the ISO mounted on the phone, enable USB debugging and then connect USB cable - make sure adb works.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest Andymac1969

Why the need to wipe the IMEI?

The B927 update keeps failing on my phone, and the middle file solution doesn't work either, and the fastboot method doesn't lol

If you are switching from B926 and B927 you can simply make a nandroid backup and switch between them that way as they share the same baseband. No need for using the update.app really.

Edited by Hpez

Guest HuaweiAscend

To do this you will need root explorer or ES File explorer (I think ROM toolbox can do this also). Backup before doing this.

I can't find that first line, I find ro.build.fingerprint but it's followed by qcom..... not Huawei.

Any ideas?

Many thanks.

Guest Andymac1969

I can't find that first line, I find ro.build.fingerprint but it's followed by qcom..... not Huawei.

Any ideas?

Many thanks.

It is there as I have just edited mine, I used ROM toolbox to do it, and it didn't work, so off to try again lol

Guest HuaweiAscend

It is there as I have just edited mine, I used ROM toolbox to do it, and it didn't work, so off to try again lol

Same!

Just used ROM toolbox and it didn't work.