[JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 01/09]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest OuahOuah

Ok, I tried it this evening...

I have Links2SD and this info about space :

Internal = 52 Mo

SD card = 721 Mo

SD card 2nd partition 345 Mo

System = 0 Mo

But if I want to install an app, it says "Can't install on USB or SD card" !

So...

Do I have problem ?

Any idea to resolve this poblem ?

As for other use, it works without any problem for the base...

Edited by OuahOuah

Guest Liamness

You shouldn't need to install an app to move apps to the sd card, it should all work with just the scripts. Using both can cause errors, apparently. With the previous build, I installed the scripts, then went into the terminal emulator and ran a2sd check. All good, apparently. Then I tried to restore my apps via titanium backup, but it installed them to the internal memory and I ran out of space almost instantly.

Admittedly I was using the a2sd scripts from the first post in the topic for Daz's CM9 build. I don't know if there's another version I should've been using.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Ok, I tried it this evening...

I have Links2SD and this info about space :

Internal = 52 Mo

SD card = 721 Mo

SD card 2nd partition 345 Mo

System = 0 Mo

But if I want to install an app, it says "Can't install on USB or SD card" !

So...

Do I have problem ?

Any idea to resolve this poblem ?

As for other use, it works without any problem for the base...

That's the problem I referred to, most (I think actually all) CM10 roms won't allow to install paid apps at the moment, from what I've read it's something to do with the partitions but it's a WIP. That's the reason I can't use it as a daily at the moment even though it seems nice and smooth already.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest OuahOuah

OMG I didn't understand the problem when I first read your posts and now I understand :D

Ok, I'll do a little test and report it here...

Mmm some free apps can't also be installed :

- Freebox Messagerie Mobile

- MX Plauer Codec (Arm v6 vfp)

- Dolphin Browser

Also tested 2 paid apps from a "warez market" (apps I did pay ;) ) and it can't also be installed...

IO also use "Adaway" which replace the HOST file with another one but when it tries the replace operation, it can't and tells me "No more space on partition. Try to modify manually host target in /data/data/hosts

Edited by OuahOuah

Guest Rattonboy

You shouldn't need to install an app to move apps to the sd card, it should all work with just the scripts. Using both can cause errors, apparently. With the previous build, I installed the scripts, then went into the terminal emulator and ran a2sd check. All good, apparently. Then I tried to restore my apps via titanium backup, but it installed them to the internal memory and I ran out of space almost instantly.

Admittedly I was using the a2sd scripts from the first post in the topic for Daz's CM9 build. I don't know if there's another version I should've been using.

How did you get that script to work with cm10?

Guest cartwheelbob

How did you get that script to work with cm10?

Sounds like he didnt, since his apps installed on internal memory. Hope someone solves this one soon though ;)

Guest Rattonboy

Sounds like he didnt, since his apps installed on internal memory. Hope someone solves this one soon though wink.png

Doesn't he mean that titanium backup restored the apps to his internal memory, I do hope that someone can fix it without me partitioning the sd card. :)

Guest cartwheelbob

Doesn't he mean that titanium backup restored the apps to his internal memory, I do hope that someone can fix it without me partitioning the sd card. :)

You shouldn't have to re-partition if set up correctly. A2SD scripts just dont like this build of CM10 (even though everything appears fine) You just cant install apps to SD whether via DT scripts or via stock functionality. I have removed a few things that really arent needed and flashed the smaller gapps file, which has given me around 90mb to play with.

Guest Rattonboy

You shouldn't have to re-partition if set up correctly. A2SD scripts just dont like this build of CM10 (even though everything appears fine) You just cant install apps to SD whether via DT scripts or via stock functionality. I have removed a few things that really arent needed and flashed the smaller gapps file, which has given me around 90mb to play with.

I tried to use the script from cm9 that I heard works with this build and needs to partition the sd card. Also another method i was thinking of doing was link2sd. but if nothing works yet, i will just wait for someone to fix i. (its not that i am lazy but i am a noob at writing scripts so i'll wait for someone that will do a better job than i would)

Guest MadEye Moody

I tried to use the script from cm9 that I heard works with this build and needs to partition the sd card. Also another method i was thinking of doing was link2sd. but if nothing works yet, i will just wait for someone to fix i. (its not that i am lazy but i am a noob at writing scripts so i'll wait for someone that will do a better job than i would)

You mean that you have not yet partitioned the SD card to have an ext3 partition? If so, you'll need to do that to get a2sd working. ie. a2sd is not broken, it requires an ext partition to work

Easiest way is to use the CWM to do that. I would suggest you don't go for a partition larget than 1 GB

Edited by MadEye Moody

Guest cartwheelbob

You mean that you have not yet partitioned the SD card to have an ext3 partition? If so, you'll need to do that to get a2sd working. ie. a2sd is not broken, it requires an ext partition to work

What we are all trying to say is that a2sd was working fine with cm9/cm7 but won't work with this release of cm10. All partitioned correctly but no joy. Do u have it working?

Easiest way is to use the CWM to do that. I would suggest you don't go for a partition larget than 1 GB

What we are all getting it is that a2sd works fine with CM7/CM9 but none of us can get it to work with this release of CM10. Did you get it working? Please share!

Edited by cartwheelbob

Guest Rattonboy

used CWM and my pc to make the partitions for that script. even followed the tutorial from a forum, about a script from dt. i used the beta from the thread and the one from cm9 and my issue was that after flashing the script my phone was stuck on the android logo.

Guest MadEye Moody

What we are all getting it is that a2sd works fine with CM7/CM9 but none of us can get it to work with this release of CM10. Did you get it working? Please share!

I had it working in almost all the previous builds. Haven't tested with the current one as I've switched to CM9 because I'm travelling right now and would like to have my bluetooth stereo headset working (it wasn't till the last build).

use the command

df

to see the space free in /system Just remove some apps from /system/app and flash a2sd scripts again. use a2sd command to check if everything is detected properly and working
a2sd check
use a2sd command
a2sd cachesdreset[/code]

a2sd for apps is enabled at flashing, and the above enables it for dalvik cache (i think).

PS: I'll be back on CM10 on friday.

Edited by MadEye Moody

Guest cartwheelbob

I had it working in almost all the previous builds. Haven't tested with the current one as I've switched to CM9 because I'm travelling right now and would like to have my bluetooth stereo headset working (it wasn't till the last build).

use the command

df

to see the space free in /system Just remove some apps from /system/app and flash a2sd scripts again. use a2sd command to check if everything is detected properly and working
a2sd check
use a2sd command
a2sd cachesdreset[/code]

a2sd for apps is enabled at flashing, and the above enables it for dalvik cache (i think).

I've got 24M free system. I get permission denied when attempting a2sd check and a2sd cachesreset :( Might format + tr-partition my sd and try again

Guest MadEye Moody

I've got 24M free system. I get permission denied when attempting a2sd check and a2sd cachesreset :( Might format + tr-partition my sd and try again

a2sd requires root permissions

use

su[/CODE]

to become root user

Guest Rattonboy

use the command

df

a2sd check
use a2sd command
a2sd cachesdreset[/code]

Have deleted a lot of apps but it still says that my /system has 36k free space even though i have deleted apps as big a 11mb. Don't know what to do.

Guest chris231

Have deleted a lot of apps but it still says that my /system has 36k free space even though i have deleted apps as big a 11mb. Don't know what to do.

how big is your system partition?

Edited by chris231

Guest cartwheelbob

a2sd requires root permissions

use

su[/CODE]

to become root user

Awesome, thanks mate. that's me up and running now! got everything I need now as camera 360 works a treat for stock replacement and I can get ALL my apps back on! Many thanks :D

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Awesome, thanks mate. that's me up and running now! got everything I need now as camera 360 works a treat for stock replacement and I can get ALL my apps back on! Many thanks :D

Does the camera have the same issue as it does on CM9 where it's quite laggy?

Thanks

Guest chris231

I used one of your tpt's the system partition is 220mb.

not sure whether the new rom and unmodded gapps fits on a 220mb system partition (not tried), but sounds like it doesn't.

I removed a few apks from the new rom zip and used the gapps from the blade forum (the KonstaKang gapps), then flashed and it says I used 167mb on the system.

Perhaps you ought to give that method a try.

could post a link to the files I used if you need.

Chris

Edited by chris231

Guest cartwheelbob

Does the camera have the same issue as it does on CM9 where it's quite laggy?

Thanks

It's still a little bit laggy with some lines on screen when moving side to side etc, but usable.