[JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 01/09]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest cartwheelbob

I had the same problem with Fish and Chips recently. No music would appear, no matter where I put it.

In the end I fixed it by going to Settings->Applications->Manage Applications->All->Media Storage->Clear Data then reboot. Once its rebooted, you may notice that Gallery and Music are completely empty, but give it a few minutes and everything should re-appear (though I make no guarantee, so do so at your own risk).

Also, this was on a Gingerbread ROM, so may not be applicable to Jellybean.

If you dl 'rescan sd' from play it should do the trick

Guest Liamness

Alarm is working fine for me Liamness are you using an .MP3 or .ogg tone as I use .MP3 but I can't use .MP3 as a notification as when I try to select it there is no around the same happens when I receive a text the phone just vibrates, but it dose work when I receive an email.

For me, I can only choose 'silent' or 'cyanogenmod alarm', and the latter is also silent...

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Warning- the alarm doesn't seem to work! Doesn't make any sound, only vibrates. So don't rely on this to get you out of bed! Not a complaint, after all you shouldn't 'rely' on a test build to do anything.

Also, I'm finding battery life pretty bad on this build. After calibration, I left the device in my bag at 31 percent, then a few hours later it was dead, despite doing nothing in the meantime. Going back to CM9 for now.

Weird I'm getting the best battery life out of all the roms on this one, Have you tried disabling the key press sounds in settings?

Guest fredoche

Currently i used FnC 7, I want trying CM10 but i can't find which partitions sizes i should used ?

System / data / cache

Can this information write in first message ?

Thanks

(sorry for my bad english. hope you understand me !)

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Maybe spoke too soon, it's weird, my battery life has got worse as the rom has bedded in, it's usually the opposite, the rom usually gets better as its bedded in.

My biggest battery loss is through the wireless (wlan_rx_wake) but I read up on this and apparently you can kinda make it go away by setting a manual ip address cos it's caused by your router contacting the phone to refresh the ip address or something and that goes away with a manual ip address.

I had setting the wireless to turn off on sleep but it didn't seem to help.

Guest surfungus

Weird I'm getting the best battery life out of all the roms on this one, Have you tried disabling the key press sounds in settings?

Not just me then, It's like someone snuck a bigger battery in my phone! :D

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Another quite sexy JB theme....

2dHDA.png

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1687776

EDIT: Hmmm, Got a message saying "This theme was improperly compiled and cannot be applied. Please report this incident to the theme author" Maybe it's only for official JB and not CM10.

EDIT 2: Ahh, apparently you have to have the default theme selected before installing and selecting the theme.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Is the text notification error fixed yet?

I flashed CM10 before I went on holiday but the text notification would blur/freeze up before going back to normal and it really started to irritate me to so I flashed back to my AOKP backup for the week.

Thank you.

Guest OuahOuah

Another quite sexy JB theme....

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1687776

EDIT: Hmmm, Got a message saying "This theme was improperly compiled and cannot be applied. Please report this incident to the theme author" Maybe it's only for official JB and not CM10.

EDIT 2: Ahh, apparently you have to have the default theme selected before installing and selecting the theme.

Tested : error saying the theme is not for my display.

I forced but UI stopped then nothing new :(...

Back to system theme.

Looking for an original theme, like with a lot of colors...

Do you have any .nomedia files in the directories?? Check the dirs where the music etc aren't showing up..

Ditto.. cannot find anything on the phone whatsoever in normal media scanner - can play with other app which uses file location but not from the internal db... quite frustrating...

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Tested : error saying the theme is not for my display.

I forced but UI stopped then nothing new :(...

Back to system theme.

Looking for an original theme, like with a lot of colors...

I got that message too, Settings UI stopped so I closed it, then the theme was there once I chose it in the theme section of the settings. Did you try restarting the phone once you'd chosen it?

Guest windy_miller

Ditto.. cannot find anything on the phone whatsoever in normal media scanner - can play with other app which uses file location but not from the internal db... quite frustrating...

Did you try the method I posted above? Or the rescan sd app that someone mentioned?

Guest razzmataz1478

after update to CM10, T MOBILE VIVACITY can't use HOME and Search key, very strange.

Have you flashed the right rom?

Edited by razzmataz1478

Guest thanga005

Definitely the battery is worse,i have never seen the battery draining this much faster, it lasts Max 4hrs from 100% to 0%

it seems the main cause for this problem is GPS, once it is turned on then it wont turn off even if we disable in settings, so we should disable GPS in settings and restart the phone in order to save the battery.

Guest cartwheelbob

it seems the main cause for this problem is GPS, once it is turned on then it wont turn off even if we disable in settings, so we should disable GPS in settings and restart the phone in order to save the battery.

I don't have this issue and find the battery life is no different to CM9

Thanks for the great job Dazzozo ! :)

I have some bugs to report :

- When I watch a Youtube video in the lowest quality, the zte crescent (blade 2) reboot automaticly, or I only try to watch a lowest quality video.

- Then, Spirit FM crashes after the radio turns on.

I wants to know if you have the hardware pilot, you will be able to program the video decoding ?

Cordially.

Guest soulasass1n

do any of the GUI based apps2sd methods currently work with this rom, as this is the only thing stopping me from using this as my day to day rom (props to daz for the awesome work he's done so far !)

Guest cartwheelbob

do any of the GUI based apps2sd methods currently work with this rom, as this is the only thing stopping me from using this as my day to day rom (props to daz for the awesome work he's done so far !)

DT GUI does not work. But really don't need it. You can get it all sorted out via terminal emulator.