[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest elrond_bs

hello guys,

Recommended tweaks for faster working ROM:

- Go to Settings->Performance. Select Processor and change CPU governor to SmartassV2, then enable "Set on boot". Go back 1 step and select I/O scheduler, change it to "sio" and enable "Set on boot"

- Go to Settings->Developer options: click on the OFF button in the upper right corner (it must be ON). Scroll down and find "Window animation scale", "Transition animation scale" and "Animator duration scale" and change them to ".5x".

@elrond bs: You wrote 5x or 0.5x? Because I tried 5x and this is very bad! lol! It should be 0.5x! Thanks for the settings!

I wrote it, as it is shown for EN-US language. With a point, meaning exactly 0.5x :)

Guest ziofaggio

I tested this ROM extensively for a week (both 18.11 & 24.11 versions) on my GEN2 European Blade. Tested most apps that I use (more than 150), games, etc. NOTE: Results could be different on different phones. Here's my review:

In short: the ROM is very fast, smooth and stable. Faster than GB and ICS.

Problems/bugs (not including those on page 1):

- (fixable) Home button (including on navigation bar), recent apps and lock screen doen't work (disabled) on fresh install.

How to fix (thanks to Sulthekk) : Open Terminal Emulator, type "su", press enter on keyboard, select "Allow" when asked for SU permissions. Now type exactly this code:

sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db "INSERT INTO secure (name,value) VALUES ('device_provisioned','1');"[/CODE]

- (fixable) Camera preview for video - It is bugged. To fix it, flash Camera 4.2 ARM6 (by KonstaT) from here.

- Occasional picture distortion in Camera and Video players, not really a big problem. Usually fixed by rotating the phone or switching between apps.

- Autobrightness doesn't work correclty for me. I won't try to explain (too long), but it is the same in all Cyanogenmod ROMs (CM7, CM9, CM10). Works correctly in stock based ROMs (like SS-RLS7)

- Wifi usually doesn't reconnect after reboot and it is stuck on connecting. I don't even consider it a real problem. To fix it - turn off Wifi, then back on.

- Mpeg4 video playback is broken in last version (was OK in 18.11), H/W decoding is not working correctly with B-frames, S/W is bugged, slow and resizing doesn't work correctly. BUT, this is a work in progress by Ganster, I'm sure he'll fix it soon. ;)

[b]Games, Apps not working (correctly)[/b]. NOTE: these apps are, most likely, not working on Jelly Bean (not because of the ROM)

- Assasin's Creed, Hero of Sparta, Gangster Miami - crash very frequently (once in a minute or so)

- Fling, Rise of Glory - problem with textures, not playable

- Asphalt 5 - reports SD card not available (but works in ICS, this is a know Jelly Bean bug for some older apps, if anyone knows a fix, please share)

- Daroon Player, CamScanner

[b]Everything else works well [/b](and I really put it through a lot during testing)[b] - monumental achievement for KonstaT and the other devs![/b]

[b]Recommended tweaks for faster working ROM:[/b]

- Go to Settings->Performance. Select Processor and change CPU governor to SmartassV2, then enable "Set on boot". Go back 1 step and select I/O scheduler, change it to "sio" and enable "Set on boot"

- Go to Settings->Developer options: click on the OFF button in the upper right corner (it must be ON). Scroll down and find "Window animation scale", "Transition animation scale" and "Animator duration scale" and change them to "[b].[/b]5x".

can the wifi reconnect problems be solved with the app "blade wifi fix"?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bladewififix&hl=it

sorry for my english :)

can the wifi reconnect problems be solved with the app "blade wifi fix"?

https://play.google....dewififix&hl=it

sorry for my english :)

No

There's a network connectivity problem on this rom, every time i install this rom and connect via 3g network the connection drops and freezes, needs to reboot every time .. removed this rom and installed ICS of KonstaKANG , theres no issue on that...any replies??

Yes, read the first paragraph of the OP.

This is my work in progress port of CyanogenMod 10 for ZTE Blade. This ROM is mainly for developers/testers/advanced users - people who are aware that this ROM is still under development. I'm really not interested in hearing whining about non-working things (and questions when they will be fixed), instead your ideas/input on the remaining issues is welcome. Sources and instructions are available in the second post for you to build CM10 yourself.

- Update support for those users running Android 4.0.4 (CM9)

I updated from KonstaT's CM9 rom to this without any problems or losing of data and apps, only had to wipe cache and sytem.

Edited by mrcake

With the combination (16.11 with Camera 4.2 ARM6 and HQ patch), how is camera app behaving? Do you see visible disturbance while capturing pictures through normal camera mode? Whether panorma mode and Camcorder works properly without any visible disturbance while recording?

Camera mode and Camcorder seem to work properly, Panorama is crapy though. Well, I would not hesitate not a single second to choose working wi-fi rather than any visual improvements ..

Guest KonstaT

I have no current plans on releasing 4.2 builds. Don't be fooled by the fact 4.2 is still called Jelly Bean and it's said to be small incremental update. From the viewpoint of device bring up, it's a completely new Android version! Everything starts again from scratch and it would require at least few months of work to get even close where we are now with 4.0/4.1. Sure I'm interested in playing a new round of game 'will it run?' but I'll probably do that only to challenge myself. Currently 4.2 boots on Blade and that's pretty much it. Sorting issues starts with very basic stuff like that it still doesn't even compile for ARMv6 and the display being upside down. ;)

4.2 offers pretty much no improvements on old ARMv6 devices (different, not necessarely better, notification power widgets, possible user profile support and lockscreen widgets). It would only raise questions why this or that 4.2 feature doesn't work and when it will be fixed (answer being never).

When I said the latest CM10 build was final, it means that it wouldn't bother me if it remained the last (I think I've done few final builds on my previous ROMs :P). CyanogenMod as a project is now moving forward with 10.1 and there really won't be that much going on with CM10 (and there's not much to be done on our device). If someone comes up with some major improvements and releases the source, I might as well make a new build at some point. I'll probably check back in a month/next year and see if there's been any progress, but I'm not doing any active development work on CM10 anymore.

Summa summarum, I still find Android ROM development fun but I could do just fine without few things that revolve around it. It's hard to describe the amount of frustration that e.g. needy people in message boards can cause sometimes. I find it really difficult to see the point in me posting anything when some people don't bother reading either.

Camera mode and Camcorder seem to work properly, Panorama is crapy though. Well, I would not hesitate not a single second to choose working wi-fi rather than any visual improvements ..

Thanks. Even I am going back to 1611 ROM, which was quite stable without any issues. With this new 2411 ROM, stock music player does not play .aac files. Few of the songs and my ringtone was in .aac format, which this ROM is not able to play.

Thanks KonstaT for all your efforts. 1611 ROM seems to be more stable than 2411 ROM regarding camera app and music.

Edited by anantk

Guest matt4321

I have no current plans on releasing 4.2 builds. Don't be fooled by the fact 4.2 is still called Jelly Bean and it's said to be small incremental update. From the viewpoint of device bring up, it's a completely new Android version! Everything starts again from scratch and it would require at least few months of work to get even close where we are now with 4.0/4.1. Sure I'm interested in playing a new round of game 'will it run?' but I'll probably do that only to challenge myself. Currently 4.2 boots on Blade and that's pretty much it. Sorting issues starts with very basic stuff like that it still doesn't even compile for ARMv6 and the display being upside down. ;)

4.2 offers pretty much no improvements on old ARMv6 devices (different, not necessarely better, notification power widgets, possible user profile support and lockscreen widgets). It would only raise questions why this or that 4.2 feature doesn't work and when it will be fixed (answer being never).

When I said the latest CM10 build was final, it means that it wouldn't bother me if it remained the last (I think I've done few final builds on my previous ROMs :P). CyanogenMod as a project is now moving forward with 10.1 and there really won't be that much going on with CM10 (and there's not much to be done on our device). If someone comes up with some major improvements and releases the source, I might as well make a new build at some point. I'll probably check back in a month/next year and see if there's been any progress, but I'm not doing any active development work on CM10 anymore.

Summa summarum, I still find Android ROM development fun but I could do just fine without few things that revolve around it. It's hard to describe the amount of frustration that e.g. needy people in message boards can cause sometimes. I find it really difficult to see the point in me posting anything when some people don't bother reading either.

I totally understand why you're stopping developing for the blade. Our hardware is too outdated now to offer anything extra in new android versions. It was good while it lasted. You've done an amazing job and taken our blades further than even oems thought were possible.

Long live the blade!

Guest Mettafox

Wait for the new Android version.

Google already talked about this subject, and, by what they said, a new version will be coming very soon, known as Major Version.

Wait for the new Android version.

Google already talked about this subject, and, by what they said, a new version will be coming very soon, known as Major Version.

do you have a link?

Guest jventura

I've installed this rom and the gapps yet none of the gapps show up. Is there a reason for this?

Go to the terminal app, and do "df" (without quotes). If you have less than 160MB on /system partition, you have to TPT to get at least 160MB on system partition. If you have 160MB or more, on clockworkmod, search for and format /system, and then install the rom and only then the gapps..

Go to the terminal app, and do "df" (without quotes). If you have less than 160MB on /system partition, you have to TPT to get at least 160MB on system partition. If you have 160MB or more, on clockworkmod, search for and format /system, and then install the rom and only then the gapps..

Yeah, I sorted it, it was my system partition.

before this ROM is considered finish I beg people who have the know how to try, to make wifi tethering work on normal ap mode. it works with third party apps but only on ad hoc and not on normal AP mode..

That's too bad for most people because you need root access to have the possibility of connecting to ad hoc in Android. I got 2l other devices that only have wifi and no root access so ad hoc is completely worthless to me..

to me that the only reason I'm considering going back to gingerbread

Guest dhoomktoo1

it looks like I am not able install / restore any map based apps on this ROM. ( runtastic / endomondo ). are other people facing the same issues? is there a way out to make it work? Thanks for your help.