[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest stephen m

@ stephen m - some people have issues with wifi, try to see for youself, I had none. 24.11 has issues with video files playback, 18.11 is ok.

@ mostertruck - try the camera from 4.2 (for ARМ6, posted here) or Camera ICS

@ RZRV8 - it always shows around 420MB for 512MB RAM. The rest are reserved for the system, but are used. Unlocking of RAM is for some models with 256MB RAM, not for you. Use TPT to increase your internal memory (used for installing apps) - you need one with at least 160MB for system to use this ROM.

Thanks!

Guest gerhardo

I'm experiencing a significant battery drain issue.

I had similar problems. When changing from overclocked to standard speed, battery got back to expected.

Google Now is cool, but it drains battery. Disabling Google Now and Google Maps location trail get me back to something just slightly worse then KonstaT Swedish Snow: 3 days with moderate usage.

I use GSam Battery Monitor to find what uses batteries.

Guest mostertruck

hi can someone tell me how do i make logcat went into terminal emulator typed in ''adb (space) logcat'' it says daemon not running and next line waiting for device......do i have to connect it to pc if so what program do run.....need to get a logcat so i can post...you guessed it im a noob.

Guest NickNuke33

@ty_hot, jpdoliveira, matcho13579, mostertruck, gerhardo

Thankyou so much for all your help!

It seems that for now at least, the battery has only dropped 4 percent overnight which is much better than before...hmm, I'll have to investigate what changes I may have made that has solved the battery drain issue. I suspect what jpdoliveira said "phone is always awake" was true, and I have uninstalled a few apps recently so one of them could have been the culprit!

To extend battery life I removed Google Now from gapps installation and have frozen Google Maps until I need them :P

Guest Dragos Ret

Anybody else has noticed any problems with camera? Minekeeps bbruising and making some kind of interference when I hit the shoot button yet nothing appears on the actual pic

Guest Sulthekk

hi can someone tell me how do i make logcat went into terminal emulator typed in ''adb (space) logcat'' it says daemon not running and next line waiting for device......do i have to connect it to pc if so what program do run.....need to get a logcat so i can post...you guessed it im a noob.

Just type in logcat > /storage/sdcard0/logcat.txt

Guest jonmac73

I had similar problems. When changing from overclocked to standard speed, battery got back to expected.

Google Now is cool, but it drains battery. Disabling Google Now and Google Maps location trail get me back to something just slightly worse then KonstaT Swedish Snow: 3 days with moderate usage.

I use GSam Battery Monitor to find what uses batteries.

Forgive my ignorance - how would I do this ? Don't use either

Guest huibuhh

Anybody else has noticed any problems with camera? Minekeeps bbruising and making some kind of interference when I hit the shoot button yet nothing appears on the actual pic

No, no one :angry:

Guest elrond_bs

I finally found a way to fix autobrightness! Using this great app - Velis auto brightness by Velis74.

I have tried using apps for custom controlled brightness before (like Lux Auto Brightness), but they made no difference. Seems this app, somehow, manages to get sensor data directly and is not affected by the autobrightness bug. It also has an impressive amount of options for control of screen brightness (you may try it, even if you have no problems). Great app!

Guest Sulthekk

hi tried that says cannot create storage/sdcard0/logcat.txt: directerory nonexistent

Do you have an sdcard inserted?

If yes, try again, but this time don't forget the first '/', because that makes it an absolute path.

Guest Snap.IT

Do you have an sdcard inserted?

If yes, try again, but this time don't forget the first '/', because that makes it an absolute path.

Or just /sdcard/logcat.txt.

That should work on all roms.

Guest nikolaySe

Seems me. I recorded this issue on video:

http://youtu.be/enH06oUgQs0

This issue appears not only if swhitch to video mode. I saw it early if just run cam application.

My blade(libra) has 5Mpix cam.

Guest elrond_bs

This is repeated on every page, but who need to read. This is a well known bug - camera is not perfect, especially video recorder (that is what causes the bug). It is important that video recording works (with a hack, just like YouTube HQ) and even with some bugs the resulting video is clean. Usually, it is enought to rotate the screen once to fix the bug. Also, try other camera apps (camera from 4.2 or Camera ICS).

Guest nikolaySe

This is repeated on every page, but who need to read. This is a well known bug - camera is not perfect, especially video recorder (that is what causes the bug). It is important that video recording works (with a hack, just like YouTube HQ) and even with some bugs the resulting video is clean. Usually, it is enought to rotate the screen once to fix the bug. Also, try other camera apps (camera from 4.2 or Camera ICS).

Everything you said is true for me except rotation - it does not fix the bug. Camera ICS works well.

i'm also having battery drain with the 2411 rom and also i have some big delays(5-15 sec) with black screen whenever i open a new app.

I re flashed , empty cach,dalvik with no improvment.

My phone is gen2 160mb system 2 cache

post-799551-0-09286900-1354371341_thumb.

i have used no phone radio - talk time

Edited by vismak

Guest gerhardo

Is it possible to wake up the phone with volume buttons? (like in CM7) I have my power button broken...... :(

In all other discussions I have seen, the Blade HW only wakes on the Power button. All other solutions must keep the device awake (or wakeup momentarily periodically) - this will increase battery usage. So I do not know what CM7 did.

Guest gerhardo

Forgive my ignorance - how would I do this ? Don't use either

I assume you did not mean GSam Battery Monitor (on Google Play) or overclocking (in Settings).

To disable Google Now cards, do it one by one. Open Google application, Settings, Now-card, inactivate the cards (all may not affect location).

For Maps: Settings-Locationsettings: Deactivate Positionreport and locationsharing, location history

Edited by gerhardo

Guest gerhardo

i'm also having battery drain with the 2411 rom and also i have some big delays(5-15 sec) with black screen whenever i open a new app.

Enabling zRam can improve time to get back to launcher considerably, so the device feel faster.

Settings->Performance->Memory Management

However zRam will not improve performance in applications, probably the other way around. Snap.IT had an explanation about it.

And for battery drainage, check apps too, to see what is using the radio. It may be that apps use battery indirectly, even if 3% vs 60% is not likely.

If you are in bad coverage and need to handover often, battery power is needed. I get values like this when putting the phone in a locker in a cellar. GSam has details.

Guest jonmac73

I assume you did not mean GSam Battery Monitor (on Google Play) or overclocking (in Settings).

To disable Google Now cards, do it one by one. Open Google application, Settings, Now-card, inactivate the cards (all may not affect location).

For Maps: Settings-Locationsettings: Deactivate Positionreport and locationsharing, location history

Thanks - yes meant disabling the GAPPS ........