[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Snap.IT

yes, full tablet ui is stupid, but, moving navigation bar toip of screen is handy. can anyone give a guide?

Try PA 2.6.0, you can do exactly what you're requesting as well as a LOT more.

Guest Snap.IT

Yes i have tried it, but i think i cant find option to do what i would do

:(

Tablet mode and enabled navbar will include navbar icons in bottom statusbar.

I was using CM9 by KonstaT for several weeks and was very satisfied except for the rather slow speed when applications started. So I have tried this ROM and it seems snappier. Unfortunately I have problems with Wi-Fi connection - I use My Phone Explorer: http://alturl.com/nyw7p for controling my phone from Windows desktop and it does not work correctly with 24.11 JB ROM while it worked fine with ICS. It now gives lots of Wi-Fi connection errors, especially when accessing SD card. Also webpages in Dolphin browser that I use as main web browser are sometimes loading very slowly. Otherwise this ROM works very well and I would like to have it permanently. Does anybody know how to solve Wi-Fi problems?

Use 16.11 JB ROM, which works perfectly without any WIFI issues. Some users already mentioned in this forum thread that with 18.11 or 24.11 ROM, they are facing WIFI issues. Please search this thread.

Use 16.11 JB ROM, which works perfectly without any WIFI issues. Some users already mentioned in this forum thread that with 18.11 or 24.11 ROM, they are facing WIFI issues. Please search this thread.

I tried 2.6.0 ROM of Paranoid Android where My Phone Explorer did not work too and went back to 31.10. ICS. Now with clean install speed of this ROM seems to me roughly the same as JB ROM and My Phone Explorer works fine so I will probably stick to this ROM for a while. Still would be interesting to know if My Phone Explorer works correctly with 16.11 JB ROM.

Edited by km323

Guest peetu20

Tablet mode and enabled navbar will include navbar icons in bottom statusbar.

yes, but using bottom statusbar is difficult because you always hit softbuttons when you are writing softbuttons. But moving the whole tablet mode statusbar top of the screen would be amazing. Is there some to do it?

Hi,

Does anyone here uses mysms with this app ? It's a nice app allowing you to send SMS directly from your desktop (from a browser). Issue is that when I send sms through my PC, they don't seem to leave until I manually open the mysms app on my phone, which shouldn't be the case.

Would be interested if someone else has been trying this app.

Thanks

Guest DoubleM101

I´ve installed this rom today and until now, i´m having 4 problems..

On the gallery, if i scroll down, the phone reboots

Sometimes on startup, the unlock pattern doesn´t appears. Only the wallpaper and some strange color artifacts on top. I have to reboot the phone again.

Wireless isn´t stable. Sometimes it takes ages to connect and then it drops the connection a lot.. Connects, disconnects and so on..

Native cam app doesn´t work like it should bem.. On photo mode sometimes has many artifacts on preview (on Camera 360 is ok) and on video mode has artifacts too and when i start to record crashes or record only artifacts.

Everything else i´ve tested it seems ok, but i didn´t explore everything yet

My phone is a Sapo a5 (from Portugal). Zte Blade based with 512MB RAM

Edit: Changed my Wifi channel from 6 to 1 and it seems more stable.. Strange.. I haven´t any other networks around me. However not 100% stable yet.. some random pauses on downloads

Edited by DoubleM101

Guest razzmataz1478
Is there any app to disable nav bar temporarily for certain apps

Hide or disable?

It's up to the app developer whether the nav bar will disappear or not.

Guest peetu20

You can change the bottom to the top statusbar with ease by apktool.

Change and enjoy ! ;)

can somebody give a guide to do that, i am noob with apktool,,,:(

Guest elrond_bs

Has anyone successful tried to trim 24/11 version to fit into 128 system partition? Trying to do it with no luck. Thanks for your help

It is possible - without Google Now and by installing apps like Play Store, Browser, Gallery, Calculator, ect. after flashing the ROM+gapps. I haven't tried it, but I use this ROM trimmed, on 140MB system with a lot of apps, that could safely be removed. Also trimming LatinIME, as a last resort, could help. Still, I recommend you at least 140MB system, it's better to leave some apps in system. Plus you don't earn any space, if you have to install them anyway.

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest dhoomktoo1

Thanks.. Can you please upload your trimmed version? Can you please elaborate the steps on what can be removed from your version to trim it further without affecting core functionality?

Guest Mephion

Has anyone successful tried to trim 24/11 version to fit into 128 system partition? Trying to do it with no luck. Thanks for your help

Hey, i'm currently using this ROM trimmed to 128 MB partition. Here is what I did:

1. Removed the following apps from system/app: Calculator.apk, CMFileManager.apk, CMFileManagerThemes.apk, DSPManager.apk, Email.apk, LatinIME.apk, LiveWallpapersPicker.apk, Music.apk, Term.apk, ThemeChooser.apk, ThemeManager.apk and Trebuchet.apk (since I already had another launcher and keyboard installed, Nova Launcher and SwiftKey, I could safely remove the LatinIME.apk andTrebuchet.apk)
  2. Removed bootanimation.zip from system/media
  3. Removed unwanted ringtones and notification's sounds from system/media/audio/ringtones and system/media/audio/notifications

Right now I have a 128 MB system partition, and there's still 1MB left.

If it's ok for you to use another launcher and keyboard like me, you could get to the 128 MB system partition size.

But before you try to trim the ROM, I think it would be safer to install another launcher and keyboard and choose them as default. Then do a nandroid backup and install the trimmed version. After that, if the phone is stable and the system fits into less than 128 MB, do another nandroid backup, do the TPT and restore the last nandroid backup.

Hope this helps.

Guest Filipe_24

Some Screenies....

Screenshot_2012-07-17-10-13-01.pngScreenshot_2012-07-17-10-10-49.png

Screenshot_2012-07-17-10-15-18.pngScreenshot_2012-07-17-10-15-35.png

Screenshot_2012-07-17-10-16-38.pngScreenshot_2012-07-17-10-16-19.png

Dude these screens are awesome ! The damm menus are freaking amazing ! Thats an excelent work ! Feeling sad now , why cant i be an advanced user ? I love this ROM ... Wish i could put it in my Blade ,without bricking the phone ... Oh God my friends would be so jealous :P ... keep up the good work bro ;)

Guest elrond_bs

You don't have to be an advanced user to install the ROM. You just need to carefully read the threads in this forum for installing ROMs.

Hey, i'm currently using this ROM trimmed to 128 MB partition. Here is what I did:

But before you try to trim the ROM, I think it would be safer to install another launcher and keyboard and choose them as default. Then do a nandroid backup and install the trimmed version. After that, if the phone is stable and the system fits into less than 128 MB, do another nandroid backup, do the TPT and restore the last nandroid backup.

This is not a good advice at all. It is quite stupid to TPT only for this, with making backups, etc. If you have larger partition, you don't need to do this - just use it. If you have smaller - you will have to do TPT twice, which is insane - just TPT to 160 and use it that way.

Also you have removed some apps, that souldn't be removed (LiveWallpapersPicker.apk, ThemeChooser.apk, etc.) - you lose core functionality. Removing launcher and LatinIME is not a good idea at all (even with backups, etc). This whole trimming thing is for advanced users only, if you don't know what you are doing, you shouldn't try. KonstaT made the ROM this way with purpose.

I don't know exactly what you will need and what will work on your phone with your apps (trimming to 140 is easier, but 128...). If you need more space just use S2E or Link2SD with ext partition on SD card - you will save hundreds of megabytes, not just 30.

I already gave you some advice, if you need to experiment. I think there was a Windows program to trim LatinIME too (removing languages from it) which will make things easier, but it is also for advanced users.

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest bartiiiiiii

Could somebody provide me a working link about the 16.11 version of the ROM (or share it via dropbox, etc.)? All the links i found was already dead:( Thx in advance!