[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest 陰莖:)

Is there any app to disable nav bar temporarily for certain apps

Absolutely NO!

But with tasker you can make it!

Take your rickshaw an go! :)

Edited by 陰莖:)

Guest elrond_bs

CM File Manager worked correctly for me. Try restarting the phone or just use ES File Explorer or Root Explorer.

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest robreid

I'm experiencing heavy battery drain on idle. I'm in 3g only mode and i've rebooted and stuff.

Am i missing something here?

Install BetterBatteryStats and use it to determine which processes are using up your battery, paying particular attention to wakelocks and partial wakelocks. Then you can make the appropriate changes to maximise battery life.

A free copy of the pro version is available here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1179809

You will have to enable unknown sources before installing.

hello!nice to meet blade community again :)

i little help please

we put the tpt g2 stock zip on sd

we put the latest cm10 on sd

we put the latest gapps on sd

install tpt via pressing power+volume up + home button

install cm10 via recovery

install gapps via recovery

reboot,and enjoy?

or i missed something?

thanks alot :)

Edited by blade_

Guest Mephion

You don't have to be an advanced user to install the ROM. You just need to carefully read the threads in this forum for installing ROMs.

This is not a good advice at all. It is quite stupid to TPT only for this, with making backups, etc. If you have larger partition, you don't need to do this - just use it. If you have smaller - you will have to do TPT twice, which is insane - just TPT to 160 and use it that way.

Also you have removed some apps, that souldn't be removed (LiveWallpapersPicker.apk, ThemeChooser.apk, etc.) - you lose core functionality. Removing launcher and LatinIME is not a good idea at all (even with backups, etc). This whole trimming thing is for advanced users only, if you don't know what you are doing, you shouldn't try. KonstaT made the ROM this way with purpose.

I don't know exactly what you will need and what will work on your phone with your apps (trimming to 140 is easier, but 128...). If you need more space just use S2E or Link2SD with ext partition on SD card - you will save hundreds of megabytes, not just 30.

I already gave you some advice, if you need to experiment. I think there was a Windows program to trim LatinIME too (removing languages from it) which will make things easier, but it is also for advanced users.

Well, sorry if you didn't think it was a good advice. All I was saying is that yes, it is possible to trim to 128 MB, and how to do it.

About the lost funcionalities from the removed apps, the only ones that I consider core are the launcher and keyboard. Cause without them the phone won't work properly. But they can be safely removed as long as you have another launcher and keyboard installed for a replacement. I've been using this ROM without them for over a month, and never had any issue about that.

The other funcionalities lost for removing those apps are the following:

Calculator.apk - calculator app; CMFileManager.apk - file manager app; CMFileManagerThemes.apk - themes for the file manager app; DSPManager.apk - digital sound processing (changing equalization, etc. during calls, music and other audio reproduction); Email.apk - email app; LiveWallpapersPicker.apk - app for choosing live wallpapers; Music.apk - music app; Term.apk - terminal emulator app; ThemeChooser.apk - app for choosing phone themes; ThemeManager.apk - app to manage phone themes.

As long as you don't use them, they're not necessary. And some can even be replaced with apps from the play store, like calculator, email, file manager, music and terminal emulator apps.

Guest HumaDroid

hello!nice to meet blade community again :)

i little help please

Yup. Thats all you need to do.

You can use a 160 MB TPT. It will give you more space for user apps :)

Guest elrond_bs

@Mephion : Using backup & restore + doing TPT twice (or even once from 160 to 128MB) - all this is completely foolish (no offence).

Removing LatinIME, instead of reducing it (by removing languages) is also not a good idea (Android reverts to default keyboard if 3rd party keyboard fails or is incompatible with something). LiveWallpapersPicker.apk - removing it means you can't use livewallpapers (may not be a problem for you, but I, for example, always use LP) - you lose core functionality, that can't be restored by installing something from Play Store. Same for ThemeChooser.apk & ThemeManager.apk. If you don't need them - OK, but you can't recommend it in general.

And all this just to gain 12MB (from the much easier to trim size of 140MB)?! Some of which you will lose by installing missing apps. Definitely not worth it. And besides, using ext on SD card is the real space savior for our Blades. :)

Edited by elrond_bs

Does anyone else have problems with instagram? I always get a black picture uploaded, even if I choose a picture from gallery.

Try to turn off picture frame, or go back to filtering, and then to share screen. For me it's the best way, but it isn't so good